It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What is something you would like to create or invent? I would like to invent a laser that stops.
Thats how I'm going to make my millions.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
What is something you would like to create or invent?

A large scale de-sal plant capable of providing potable water to a large population. It's something that I think is really needed because of the depletion of ground water and drying out of lakes. There have even been threats of war over water rights.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, there are quite a few things.

A matter-energy teleporter
A FTL engine
A Quantum communication device

But the one thing I'd really want to make,

The Great Sekhmech

But seriously, the one thing that I'd really like to invent (and am currently working on) is a device that allows a person to become immortal (Thats if you dont involve religion or philosophy when talking about it).

[edit on 6/3/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Great sketch iori_komei!

My invention would have to be a decent and reliable OS.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
A large scale de-sal plant capable of providing potable water to a large population. It's something that I think is really needed because of the depletion of ground water and drying out of lakes. There have even been threats of war over water rights.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

Hands down the best idea I have ever heard. This would make a FORTUNE and as long as you gave away as many as you could afford to after making a comfortable living, I'd even respect you. =)

Even better, make it a small scale, portable, and cheap... let the number of de-sals cover the work rather than one large plant that could break down.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'd have to go with the Holy Grail of energy, cold fusion. Something small and simple, that way anyone could afford it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I helped make these

www.airtrax.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I helped make these

Those are cool. Can they handle any surface or are the limited to hard surfaces?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
yes they are limited ,but can go on ice and snow and can climb over obstacales 7" high. It needs a solid base.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would invent a power button that goes on the controller of consoles. Because I usually leave the controller by my bed and I dont want to have to get out of bed to turn it on, so a power button on the controller would be a great improvement.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I like your ideas! You all are very creative. I think it would be nice if someone created a weather predictor that actually predictors weather weeks in advance, but I know its not possible cause mother nature has a mind of her own. But it would be nice to give people an extra large amount of time of warning before the bad weather hits.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would like a covered bowl with a wide straw affixed so I could eat cereal and drive at the same time.

Probably just cause more wrecks and not even work. Really if someone made that, they'd be a jerk.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thats kind of funny. If your going to invite something so you can eat while driving, you might as well invent a hands free thing. I forget what commerical it is, but everyone is eating a hamburger thats attached in some way to them. You could invent something that clasps the food item in front of your face, so all you have to do is take bits of it, with no hands required. And it would be perfectly safe, drving wise - I think.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A large scale de-sal plant capable of providing potable water to a large population. It's something that I think is really needed because of the depletion of ground water and drying out of lakes. There have even been threats of war over water

A large scale cheap water de-sal plant would be a great invention. Large scale de-sal plants are already in existence in the middle east, the UAE has a few of them, they supply the population and the Oil companies (one of them supplies one oil plant with 8 million gallons a day).

Cold fusion would be single greatest invention anybody could develop. We would have clean, cheap energy forever, fantabulous!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would like to improve the cloud seeding technology. Also, I would like to work on something for cloud transportation, for taking clouds from high to low rainfall areas without a large loss in their moisture content.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi

I have been thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to create a device that analyze a soundwave and then sends out a mirror soundwave and they somehow cansel each other out, would be great for things that produces unwanted sounds, tractors, lawnmovers etc..

What do you guys think is it even possible or would i end up with twice the sound
?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would love to have something like in the Matrix movies, where somebody plugs a cartridge into a computer, interfaces with your brain, and then, suddenly... "I know kung fu!"
Imagine being able to download all sorts of knowledge into your brain, it would be both extremely cool and practical. I'm not sure how much knowledge the human brain is capable of handling, but we would all essentially have photographic memories. Of course, even with all that knowledge, a person can still manage great acts of stupidity, due to a lack of common sense or discipline or whatever, but those would hopefully be greatly reduced.

On a less serious note, I saw a comic strip once where a teenager is complaining to his dad. "Dad," he says, "I'm always losing the telephone." (it's a cordless phone) "I was trying to think of a way so that it won't get lost anymore, and I had this great idea for an invention. Do we have any string lying about?" Dad rolls his eyes, goes into the storage room, and pulls out a corded telephone. "Whoa!" the teenager says, "these have already been invented? I could get rich off these!"

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
Hi

I have been thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to create a device that analyze a soundwave and then sends out a mirror soundwave and they somehow cansel each other out, would be great for things that produces unwanted sounds, tractors, lawnmovers etc..

What do you guys think is it even possible or would i end up with twice the sound
?

Well, I think this technology is used already in airconditioning units.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think I would make basketball shoes that don't make noise when you make a cut or drag your foot.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I thought of something else, a forced particle field (a force field).
I know how it work, just not how to make it work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join