It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could happen in the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 12:47 AM
link   
this is my opinion on what could happen in the next 100 years.

A:
USA invades Iraq, Iraq uses nuclear weapons, nuclear war erupts and 2/3's of the global population is eradicated. After a certain time (50-100 years), they will start to re-build civilisation.

B:
2017: the Asteroid crashes on earth despite laser attacks by space stations. Major cataclysm, millions die. Humanity survives but a huge scar is left. what is left of civilised nations start to colonize mars.

C:
The newly formed republic of Quebec (yes, it WILL happen
) using advanced weapontry (think S-37's on steroids and M-1a1's mixed with Bolo's) invades labrador and Newfounland. Canada launches strategic strikes on quebec but they are broken off.

D:
China launches Nuclear strikes on the united states mainland, the US replies and global thermonuclear warfare erupts. Like in hypothesis A, humanity is almost destroyed.

E:
Worldwide ban of all non-educational and violent games. A Global rebellion of Biblical scale erupts everywhere in civilised countries. Entire cities are completely teared apart in hours. A large army of teens forms itself and crushes all opposition by sheer numbers, because of the booming of AIDS in the army, thw world starts to die slowly, nuclear strikes are ordered on major teen strongholds, but hunger and disease slowly destroys all what is left of humanity, only a few survives.

F:
Alien invasion of earth.
1: We win

2: We loose

G:
A new virus erupts, 99% of human life is extermined in less than 5 weeks, the world is a deadworld. the remnants of humanity drops down rivaleries and begins re-conquering earth.

H:
The Dead rise from their graves and in a matter of weeks, the whole earth is a living hell. Astronauts in orbit are almost the only survivors, the only place left, ON EARTH, is the island of montreal.

I:
Biblical Apocalypse, entire pockets of civilisations are wiped out, however, a group of soldiers take arms against both heaven and hell. The gods, confused by this act, decides to left alone this pocket of mankind.

J:
All of the above. pray, PRAY HARD!

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why do all of you theories involve death, destruction, and war? As Scrooge said, "Why show me this, if I am past all hope?"

If people have their minds set on a dark, war laden, devestated future then there is little chance for our future to be anything but.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah, how about some nicer ones... It's all about what we focus on...

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
this is my opinion on what could happen in the next 100 years.

A:
USA invades Iraq, Iraq uses nuclear weapons, nuclear war erupts and 2/3's of the global population is eradicated. After a certain time (50-100 years), they will start to re-build civilisation.

Umm nuclear war eh. And just who is going to nuke the US. How could a nuclear war possibly start, do u think China Israel or Russia, are going to nuke the US. Because there is no one in the Middle East who has the firepower. At the very most Irag would have a few nukes, maybe Iran. However there aren't enough to cause nuclear war. So nuclear war because of Iraq, I don't think so !!! Let's try and be realistic here. OK.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have been experimenting with what I call the "equation of history" and applying the concepts to near future (100 years) events. None of these items appear in the results. From where do you obtain your reference material?

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Look at his nick... and his signature... It's because he's obsessed with death...

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I HAVE NO OBSESSION WITH DEATH AND ZOMBIES!!!

OPTION H IS NOT THERE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The U.S. will go into Iraq soon. I don't believe that nukes will be used on either side. Bombings of cars and buildings will increase. Chemical weapons will be used against Americans. However, you will not see the devastation, like the Twin Towers attack. I believe that this will continue, for 7 years. A meteor will strike the Earth, within three years. It will hit on the West coast of the United States. It will do some major damage, but will not effect the whole U.S.
In 15 years from now we will be driving hover-crafts. Gas will be history. Within 20 years world-wide identification, of every person will be in effect. Money will becoming obsolete.

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 05:10 PM
link   
money obsolete???
how can THE WORLD EXIST WHITOUT THAT!!?????
alto its a good idea

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   

money obsolete???

Yep! you won't need money. You will carry a plastic card/ like a credit card. On payday your boss scans, in your wages, for that time period, with your taxes deducted of course!

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
I HAVE NO OBSESSION WITH DEATH AND ZOMBIES!!!

OPTION H IS NOT THERE!!!!!

....o.k. man...

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Necro,Can you tell me who's going to win The Derby next year?

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sort of like FASA's Shadowrun
Everyperson has a 'credstick', that has all their money/banking details on it and can only be activated by that person.

I like that idea. I hate carrying around money.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 12:11 PM
link   
hmmm...
indeed very cool idea!
very well thinked

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yeah, a magical card that holds all my bank details etc on it, its called a debit card and i've been using one for the past 3 years. Money will never be entirely stored on card, all the finacial info will still be held in banks etc, otherwise if you loose your card you'd be finacially ruined.
and why would your work scan in money straight to your card??? when most work places now pay wages directly into your account in a few seconds, which you can start spending straight away with your card anyway? the only thing that needs working on is how to stop other people using your card! we're practically there allready with all these so called futuristic money cards and credsticks, most of the details you read/watch about in sci-fi are unpractical anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 04:10 PM
link   
since when a depit card you can whack people with is inpractical?

[Edited on 9/20/2002 by necro99]

top topics

join