It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion should be left alone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think abortion should be left alone.

I would be pro-choice - as in it's the woman's body and therefore her choice what to do with it. It should be her right to decide whether to bring a life into the world as she will be the one ultimately responsible for the child.

However, if I knew anyone who was thinking of having an abortion I would strongly advise against it principally on medical grounds. I am of the opinion that an abortion has an extremely detrimental effect on a women's reproductive system. I base my opinion on people who in their youth had abortions and are now having problems trying to concieve children. I am not a M.D. so if you know more please correct me.

To declare that any form of contraception is worthless as it is not 100% effective is both silly and irresponsible. Of course no method is perfect, but one, or a combination of methods is safe enough. Of course there is a one in a billion chance, but that could be said about anything.

I live in a country where abortion is the primary method of birth-control. This too is a silly and irresponsible use of serious procedure. Evidence lies in the falling birth rates and rising incidences of STD's and AID's cases.

Abortion should be left alone for what it is. A serious medical procedure for use when only necessary and not as a form of contraception.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
heres the real deal

abortion should only be legal in cases of rape, incest, drung abuse bhy the mother, or if the pregnacy threated the mothers life. if it goes farther than that, you create freedom from consiquence. that consequence is that if you F*** and get knocked up you have to live with the misake.

AGREED !... and ill sign under !

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I bet they taste like chicken!

Thanks, I needed that!

Well you've had baby-back ribs, correct?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Jonna]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I Hope this Thread gets delete or moved. I believe it's because the Moderators agree with it, unlike my Post in ATS Paranormal Research about "Abortion and the Paranormal" they DIDN'T Agree with, which is was considered too hot of a topic to deal with, but this particular one ISN'T!??!!?

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Godzilla1985]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
I Hope this Thread gets delete or moved. I believe it's because the Moderators agree with it, unlike my Post in ATS Paranormal Research about "Abortion and the Paranormal" they DIDN'T Agree with, which is was considered too hot of a topic to deal with, but this particular one ISN'T!??!!?

I believe the mods will agree with me in saying that so long as the board's T&Cs are not ignored or abused by posters, that there is not a topic of discussion that is "too hot" for ATS...

Perhaps you’re just a bit upset that your thread was deleted, but that's no excuse to suggest that another thread is worth deleting b/c it runs along the same lines as your own....

In fact, the only thing worth deleting are posts like mine and yours that derail the topic at hand and are used to indicate your opinion on how the board is run....Those are all things that the staff of ATS/BTS truly want your opinion on, but there is a time and place for that....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

HEY! I can't get that link to work.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Well - I just posted the image...

Or do you mean the actual link on the toolbar up above? I just clicked it and it's working fine...

I'm not sure...that's odd....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
(giggles)

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Well - I just posted the image...

See what upsets me is that you think I'm that stupid and unsarcastic.

And you in the peanut gallery...quit giggling like a school girl.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

See what upsets me is that you think I'm that stupid and unsarcastic.

LMAO....

No Jonna - It's called a complete lack of understanding practical jokes...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join