It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on Drugs is the stupidest ideas ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The war on Drugs is the stupidest idea ever.

The idea of spending millions of dollars on a war that you can�t win (and you can�t because its not a real war). Instead of hurting the big bad drug lords the war just hurt the farmers who are just trying to feed there families. Every time you hurt the farmers they just have to farm that much more. But we have to keep the drug war going because there is a drug problem. and if they stop the war they�ll have to admit the problem is hear at home that people want to use drugs. If they try to cure the dieses instead of the symptoms that would mean that they would have to admit that there�s something wrong with American society. And that the problem isn�t the punk in the back ally but average American.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
well said, but like the "war on terrorism" , it's just an economic vessel that supports the increase of purchases of these items and those that provide them.

follow the money trail. the DEA enforces what the CIA brings in, and the DEA also takes care of those "who don't play ball". the great thing about the war on drugs, despite its advantages for drug dealers and those that wish to take advantage of humans, is how it inflates the price of narcotics on a global scale, thus fattening the wallet used for black budget operations such as:
-espionage
-black market purchasing
-drug harvestation
-raises for their paychecks

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The War on Drugs is the biggest scam ever. I mean after all the CIA controls all the major drug traffic in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You misunderstand the War on Drugs. It should be labelled "War on Drug Cartels Not Sanctioned by U.S. Congress."

What used to be called the East India Company back during the beginning of the U.S. was given the monopoly. Anyone else is in violation.

The "War" is not out of morals, but business.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
and they shouldn't kill the weed, tis good stuff, good fer fun, medication, if u grow it hemp like then it can make all kindsa stuff so tis a good plant n they burn it all up silly boys

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful insight, Banjoechef.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Lets all just agree here, that this is something you just cant win at! Now where do we go from here? Legallization, i think in part yes, economic help to the farmers who need to get by, yes,Political pressure on the nations we call friends, yes, education to the masses , yes! People will always abuse drugs, it will always be with us. We need leaders with the courage to pass laws that make sense!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I see that a lot of people agree with me and I here that if bush stays in office he�s going to put more money into the war on drugs.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Or rather bush says he's gonna put money into the drug war.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Since the Government makes money on both sides the money never really goes anywhere. But they do take more taxes from us to fund a War that has lasted about 80 years, and has costed more each and every year they continue.

Get this though, all the bud smokers will love the genius behind this! My girlfriend worked in a pharmacy and was telling me that drugs are in certain classes. Class 1-4, 1 is for illegal and drugs with no medical value, 4 is like Tylenol Codine wimpy stuff. Well Maryjane in it's natural, sweet, wonderful normal state is a 1. But the pharmacies take and concentrate the THC to a super intense level for their pills of marinol which are class 3. Marinal is so powerful those who actually take it are basically imobilized from it's effect.

Perfect example of organized crime. They take a drug at class 1 in it's natural state, concentrate it resulting in it being class 3 somehow and now safe, slap a price tag on it and tell you how much they care about your health and treatment as they rob you.

In case that wasn't enough have any of you ever considered that Weed is so dangerous, according to the B.S. experts, that whenever it's found it's killed for our safety, yet I'll bet more than half of you have bushes or plants around your house right now that could possibly kill you if ingested!!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Drugs kill. Of course, so do ciggarettes and alchohol, but still, drugs kill. They should be stopped. But you really can't do much to stop the flow of drugs.

Solution? Go to the source! Not the demanders, but the suppliers. Go to Columbia and napalm the weed feilds. Lets see, two planes full of napalm Versus a bunch of guys/girls with drug sniffing dogs and then the lawyers to prosecute.defend in the drug carrying case, the judge, the whatever. Also, the napalm would look cool.

I know, all the druggies want to protect the right to poison themself, if so, go to Mexico or whatever.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The "War on Drugs" is nothing more than an excuse to extort money from the brainwashed public and keep the attention off of the fact that the pharmaceutical companies, alcohol companies, and textile manufacturers are the real owners of the DEA and ATF.
I worked in a pharmacy for 5 years and have seen the disgusting truth becoming more and more apparent. There are at least 3 times as many people in rehab clinics for prescription meds right now than for all other illegal drug combined. The War on Drugs' primary funding comes from, guess who, Lucky Strike, Jim Beam, Anheuser Busch, multiple pharmaceutical companies, Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds, Pepsi & Coca-Cola, Time Warner and Dow Jones. Gee, no conflict of interest there! There have been MULTIPLE unbiased studies done on the effects of marijuana on humans, and every single one, including Nixon's own congressionally appointed team of research scientists, came back saying the same thing. There are no permenant, dangerous or long-term side effects caused by Marijuana. There is not a single recorded death as a result of smoking or ingesting Marijuana, yet it is ranked as a schedule 1 drug along with Heroin! Marinol used to be a schedule 2 classification, which is highly regulated in CA, but has since been demoted to a schedule 3 drug equivalent to Vicodin. A customer of mine had HIV and eventually AIDS. She was given Marinol to combat the nausea and loss of appetite she was suffering from, but since the problem was her inability to make herself swallow food, due to her loss of appetite, she also couldn't swallow the pills. The potential relief of her symptoms was there but the smokeable version was illegal and the much more potent, addictive form was legal but was too difficult for her to take. Gotta love the compassion in our government. She had to live on liquid nutritional supplements until she died, because the med that would return her appetite was "dangerous". Our jails are full of people whose only crime was trying to escape reality for a while or who just wanted to relax and laugh a little. I'm not talking about people in jail for commiting crimes to obtain drugs. I'm talking about people who were arrested for possession alone. Non-violent, innocent victims of a tyrannical government that cares nothing about the people it is supposed to represent. A travesty of justice which cares only about advancing it's own interests at the expense of anyone who gets in the way. Anyone who has fallen for the Drug War propaganda needs to watch the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. It does an excellent job of detailing the process by which weed and the like has been demonized to serve the purposes of "our" government. If you can watch this movie and still believe the government is really fighting drugs to help us, more power to you. It must be nice to live in such a powerful state of denial. Just pray caffeine isn't the next target!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To get rid of drugs it is best to take the crime out of it. In a country where drugs are illegal there is always a demand for drugs so the big bad drug barons will somehow smuggle them into a country. To take away the drug barons ability to sell them you need to take away his/her market by making drugs availiable over the counter or in other sanitary conditions. This way you can deal with peoples addictions properly.

Switzland (sp?) have already made Heroin legal in special injection centres and is supposedly quite successful.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Drug abuse is bad for you I'm not gonna argue that, but "Napalm the weed fields" and "Druggies go to mexico or whatever", you have been brain washed my friend. First you need to know that it was the so called War against Drugs that caused the drug culture of today, before then it was a tiny part of society and almost unheard of. All the government did is set laws up to punish people for certain drugs so they could sell them pharmacy issue drugs to make money. Also by making Drugs Illegal, while also supplying them in secret, the government invented the market for them. This also included locking people up, saying they're criminals, but they are only hurting themselves!! The need help not prison, destablizing their lives even more.

If that's not good enough for ya try this one on for size. ya really want to talk drug abuse. What would happen if one day Caffine was illegal and nowhere to be found. Millions of people would freak and you'd have everything from Chaotic anger to Lazy meloncholyness. The world would fall apart without some morning coffee or soda's to keep them going.

Also, stop picking on weed of all things. It's the most benificial plant we have on earth, and I can prove it if you don't beleive me. Plus it's natural and once grew wild everywhere. If you could smoke oak trees in the same way, they'd be gone too. This is a subject that you need more study in, trust me!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The only thing the Taliban got right in its goverment was the control in drug production.

Although the penalties for growing them were ultimate, being hung on goalposts infront of a crowd.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If the government wants to wage a real War on Drugs, they first need to realize the difference between different drugs. Cannabis ISN'T like Cocaine. Cocaine ISN'T like Magic Mushrooms. etc.

Then they can figure out which drugs REALLY cause the problems and which ones they can work with.

But, thats for an Ideal government.....I'd never really expect our governments to view anything in a logical way, as opposed to their simply "financial" view of things......

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What about all those people stuck in PRISON because they got caught with some pot or some coc aine or some heroin on them? I'm not talking about the peddlers of the filth (coke and heroin being the filth, pot's milder than alcohol), but the dude gettin high and not hurting anyone except himself.

The guy who has to serve 2 years in jail for putting something into his own body of his own voalition that happens to be unsanctioned by the FDA.

Now I'm not saying it's a fine thing to be sticking needles in your arm, etc, but the least your government can do is actually try and help you get off the stuff instead of sending you to jail where it's probably even more prevalent.

Again, I'm talking about the hard stuff, not pot. Nobody knocks over a liquor store to buy a bag of weed.

new topics

top topics

join