It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty leadership aided Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The top leadership of Amnesty International USA, which unleashed a blistering attack last week on the Bush administration's handling of war detainees, contributed the maximum $2,000 to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign.
Federal Election Commission records show that William F. Schulz, executive director of Amnesty USA, contributed $2,000 to Mr. Kerry's campaign last year. Mr. Schulz also has contributed $1,000 to the 2006 campaign of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat.
Also, Joe W. "Chip" Pitts III, board chairman of Amnesty International USA, gave the maximum $2,000 allowed by federal law to John Kerry for President. Mr. Pitts is a lawyer and entrepreneur who advises the American Civil Liberties Union.

I seen a couple of things about amnesty international on this forum so I thought i would add this story to. is there a political bais?
www.wnd.com...://www.washtimes.com/national/20050602-120456-1031r.htm

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
I seen a couple of things about amnesty international on this forum so I thought i would add this story to. is there a political bais?
www.wnd.com...://www.washtimes.com/national/20050602-120456-1031r.htm

Bias? Have you had a look at who payrolled Bush's campaign??
Amnesty International giving $2000 to the lesser of two evils is a drop in the pond compared to what Bush took in, which is a major reason for the hole he's put America in now - he has to payback his debts.

Check out this site:
www.whitehouseforsale.org...

"Public Citizen’s report also finds that the 416 Bush Rangers and Pioneers have bundled together at least $58.1 million for the 2004 campaign and that 90 percent of them (374) represent the special interests of America’s corporations."

I'd rather have a bias in International human rights organisations than mega-business which are paying to make business easier for them while screwing the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And this surprises who?

uh Duh?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thankyou Mr Presley for a succinct and sound rebuff to a storm in a teacup.
Or is it the mountains and molehills analogy. You be the judge.

Amnesty International would not be doing its job if it did not sound off every day at the Bush administration for the implementation of policy on incarceration of foreign nationals with no due process.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What is this thread trying to say? That because a high ranking member of Amnestly International gave money to a man who allegedly had a chance of getting the human rights violating Bush administration removed from power legally and peacefully that their reports on these human rights violations are null and void?

Very weak indeed to try to use that as an excuse to ignore what the group is saying.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Frith]

top topics

join