It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My observation of the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The sad part is its true, we still think were the center of it all, but the dummies forget that we are scanning in a big circle (But I think they know that but they have to go with that model because its all we have.)

I believe that the universe could be in big clusters of Galaxy type system orbiting other Galaxy systems, which Galaxy systems form a cluster and orbit other systems of matter -- it just goes on and on and never ends. Which leads me to believe that the universe is an infinite looping room held together with gravity, and infested with raw energy and were random events forever destroy and create the energy and or matter.

So what do you think the universe really is.

Apparently I posted this in the wrong forum, mods can you please move it to space exasperation.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The Milky Way Galaxy isn't in the center of that map for any philosophical reason; it's only in the center of the map because that's our only point of reference. On any map, your point of reference -- whether it be a city, state, country, continent, or our Sun on a map of our solar system -- is put in the center, as a place to start mapping from.

Assuming the spherical model of the Universe, most astronomers think that the Milky Way Galaxy is much closer to the 'edge' than the 'center', as our galaxy is fairly old compared to many others that can be seen.

As for mapping our exact location in the Universe, from the inside out, while trying to take into account the long-term effects of both light and gravity? Good luck with that!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

The sad part is its true,

I'd like to know the source of your jpg.

As far as I can tell, Nick was born about 532 years ago.
www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
heh he wont tell you the link cause he "nicked" the picture from there

[edit on 11-6-2005 by klain]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"heh he wont tell you hte link cause he "nicked" the picture from there"

Or I made it myself and got incorrect facts, When I was making that I tried to look up when he was born, the website I went to said thousands, but it probably meant somethingels, so I blame my self for that incorrect fact.

The Milky Way Galaxy isn't in the center of that map for any philosophical reason; it's only in the center of the map because that's our only point of reference. On any map, your point of reference -- whether it be a city, state, country, continent, or our Sun on a map of our solar system -- is put in the center, as a place to start mapping from.

I already said that.

(But I think they know that but they have to go with that model because its all we have.)

The picture was a dumb idea.. I thought it might of been a good cheap shot at modern science but was actually pretty stupid. anyway the reason for the thread was a theory on the explanation of the universe, I just think its much bigger than it is thought to be. Although I have no proof.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I didn't mean to piss in your picnic basket.

The graphic you made was not dumb. It just had a mistake. (An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness)

It's been said that "a picture is worth a thousand words", and it's often the graphics that contribute the most on ATS and make the thread more understandable to the reader.

top topics

join