It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust and follow thoses in politics that claim tobe of Christ?

page: 1

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:01 PM
The bible says, in the end of days Many will come in Christs name but not be of Christ.

Tom Delay... it seems to me he is a crook, and im not saying this because he says he is a christain, but he says all of this persecution is because of his faith, by him saying that, that to me throws up a red flag, and makes me trust him less.

Any politican that uses the word "values"....this gives me the creeps, implying that there morals are greater or superior than mine, makes me think thay are hiding something, but again if you critisie them they throw up that: your attacking them because of there religious beliefs....witch to me is only true if they try to force there morals onto me...

I don't trust those who say thay are of Christ who are seeking polictical power, this is so far from Christ teaching as you can get, it seems to me this is what Christ preached against...

So if the bible states clearly that many will come in my name but not be of me...then isn't it risky to follow these Goerge W. Bush, and the other Right Wing Repubicans that have a firm hold of America now?....How can Bush claim to be spreading Freedom worldwide while tryin to limit rights of gays and women, the right under witch you can sue, or file for bankrupsy, privacy, search and sesure...wars and rumors of wars.. and increasing the rights of the corperations in America???

Jesus preached give unto Ceaser that witch belongs to Ceaser..he lived a Very simple life he wasn't concerned about money material possesions, or political power...he certanly did not preach intolerance...but about peace love, and acceptance..[im not saying that Jesus was pro-gay]

The USA is totalling going down the road to becoming a theocracy, but on whos side?...the real God or Satens...

I do not trust the Repubican Right......I do not think they support the Constitution of the USA, and I do not think they will protect us and garrantee the rights we have...

ok thats my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:10 PM
I do not think that faith should be a politcal weapon. It has no business being used to determine whether or not a person is fit to make the right decisions for the people of the United States.

Republicans have used it recently to side step a lot of issues. That is one of the many reasons why they do not have my trust.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:54 PM
A lot of people call themselves Christian. Being a Christian is almost fashionable nowadays. There is an easy way to tell if a person is truly a Christian or just wearing the badge.

From the KJV
Matthew 7:15-18 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (emphasis mine)

Galatians 5: 22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

In other words if it looks like a duck . . .

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
Gal 5:21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:37 PM
I try to follow those who lead by example, not rhetoric.

I trust in those who depend on, and are strong of character; not those who depend on strong arms.

As I have posted elsewhere; The Strong only Rule until the Stronger Rule them.

The Wise merely Lead.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:48 PM
about 20-25 years ago, Conservative Christians like Jerry Falwell realsied they had no political clout and decided to change that. And it looks like they have succeded.

I would not follow a politician, or even vote for them JUST because they are a Christian. I am even more likely to not follow them if they stand up and puff up thier chest while saying they are Chrisitans.

What has happened is that some politicans have been able to use the resources of a church... a member list.. as constituants. And can use them to campaign for office

What you should look for is the Politicians that vote for bills that match your own belive system.. or best match it. It should be apparent if they are a true christian by the way they vote.

How many people know that Democratic US Senator Russ Fiengold from Wisconsin is jewish? The only one who has the distinction of voting against the patriot Act. I wished all politicians kept thier faith to themselves and out of Public veiw like he has done.

top topics