It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imported OIl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One third (1/3) of imported U.S. oil comes from Mexico. Could this be the reason why our current administration is doing nothing about illeal Mexican immigration.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
possibly, u can ask the White House spokesman and see wat the answer to that question. to me, i dont think its related. they just know its hopeless to prevent people from immigrating to America, its kinda like preventing a lion who hasnt eat for a whole week from eating a piece of meat on a plate u just put up.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm moving this to Peak Oil.
Also, flycatch, do you have any links to back up your claims? If these are merely your opinion, you may find this thread closed.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In my opinion, absolutely.

Last Thursday, the House International Relations Committee narrowly passed a resolution introduced by Rep. Cass Ballenger of North Carolina (R.) requiring that any amnesty deal for the five million Mexican illegal aliens in the United States be linked to an opening of Mexico's state-controlled oil industry to investment by U.S. companies.

nationalreview.com...

This was way back in 2003, but I would not be surprised if stuff like this is going on today and we just don't hear about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have no doubt that the average U.S. politician would sell their soul to keep oil prices low, and frankly I don't think I would vote for someone who didn't. That may sound stupid and shallow, but I'll bet I'm like alot of Americans, let gas hit $5 a gallon and I'll be ready for another Boston Tea Party, err Oil Party, err ahh whatever, just make sure oil stays cheap. At least untill someone finds a better fuel source (ie cheap and readily avaiable), then you can witch hunt the oil-whores in congress all you want. And if you disrupt that cash flow to Mexico from our oil trading what do you think will happen with immigration? It won't go down, I'll promise you that.

Now seriously though, with all the possible conspiracies you can find in the oil industry, no matter how much time we spend blathering about them will get us any closer to real solutions.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I find this somewhat funny, in Great Britain our Oil Price converted to USD is roughly $10 per-gallon. It's not really that bad you just learn to get cars that are more effective then the ones that at present get used so much.

As for them not wishing to upset the status quo - probably. After all Brazil is an up-and-coming power, they'll start to need more and more oil soon enough and if American angered Mexico you could see those shipments going South.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
According to someone on this post

www.gamedev.net...

The oil price is 90p/liter (as of 4/13/2005, I don't know if this is much higher today), therefore:

0.90 GBP/Liter * (1 US$ / 0.5517 GBP) * (3.78541 Liter/US Gal) = 6.175 $US/US Gal.

I think, it is more like it.

new topics

top topics

join