It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapist and pervert appointed by Bush to the FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
www.thenation.com...

Back in Lexington, where the couple continued to live, Linda Hager, as she was still known at the time, was sinking into a deep depression, she says. Though her marriage had been dead for nearly a decade, she could not see her way clear to divorce; she had no money of her own and few marketable skills. But life with David Hager had grown unbearable. As his public profile increased, so did the tension in their home, which she says periodically triggered episodes of abuse. "I would be asleep," she recalls, "and since [the sodomy] was painful and threatening, I woke up. Sometimes I acquiesced once he had started, just to make it go faster, and sometimes I tried to push him off.... I would [confront] David later, and he would say, 'You asked me to do that,' and I would say, 'No, I never asked for it.'"

By the 1980s, according to Davis, Hager was pressuring her to let him videotape and photograph them having sex. She consented, and eventually she even let Hager pay her for sex that she wouldn't have otherwise engaged in--for example, $2,000 for oral sex, "though that didn't happen very often because I hated doing it so much. So though it was more painful, I would let him sodomize me, and he would leave a check on the dresser," Davis admitted to me with some embarrassment. This exchange took place almost weekly for several years.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
sounds more like a woman who has a vendetta against her former husband, not suprisingly. and having an affair after 9/11 tsk tsk.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah I can imagine the vendetta after having a husband that preaches "women should find help in the bible for their PMS"

I tell you what in one of my so called PMS if I was his wife I would hit him in the back of his head for every menstrual cramp I get using the bible for comfort.

He is a bozo.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Already discussed here.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Well not discussed really, it's democrats/libertarians/smart people discussing, and republicans screaming "KILL RAPE SLAUGHTER!" like they always do.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If the lady's claims are true, that guy deserves a good a$$whipping.

I saw nothing in her statements that sounded strange. There are a lot of sick puppies out there. And they hide their perversions well.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That man sounds disgusting, eastcoastkid was right about some people being able to hide their perversions well, I’m sure if Bush knew this man’s true character he wouldn’t have appointed him in the first place (one hopes).

I’m sure you can find these types in D.C. from both sides of the political fence…I don’t think it suggests that a particular party is corrupt. Although, what makes it interesting is when a member from the family values groups (AKA moral majority who preach their religious morals the loudest and condemn anyone who disagrees) who are accused with things like this.

It really makes me wonder what called them to be so devoted to their religion, to obsess over it and command for all to follow their morals. I’m sure there are plenty with pure intentions, but I don’t think it’s the case with people like Dr. Hager. Perhaps they feel themselves to be filthy human beings (which he most certainly is) and are deeply ashamed…their religion frees them of this guilt. They may falsely view others who don’t depend on religion to be just as vile and disgusting w/o the help of their faith. Of course it could be simpler than that, they may just be horrible people who were raised into religion.

My opinion is that people should keep their religious morals out of politics (it’s really not hard to avoid bringing up the Bible 24/7) they would be doing their country and religion a big favor, everytime something happens like this I’m sure Christians everywhere get annoyed b/c it gives others a chance to publicly criticize the hypocrisy of Christianity. It gives people the wrong idea about something that’s supposed to be for the good of humanity. Nothing turns people off to Christianity more than the actual Christians** themselves.

and republicans screaming "KILL RAPE SLAUGHTER!" like they always do.

Heh...to be fair they aren't just republicans...they are extreme conservative republicans with no manners. I have met many intelligent republicans (even the conservative ones
) that don't resort to name-calling and are able to bring valid points to the table…and don’t blame Clinton or liberals on everything bad that happens. They seem rather quiet on ATS...its as if we only hear from the loud blazing liberal-hating neocons...maybe I just notice them more. Also, I have come into contact with some rather obnoxious extreme liberals. Sometimes, I wish extremists would just shut up…or at least think things through before they speak, but I guess what one considers extreme is subjective.

(**PC disclaimer- Not talking about all Christians of course, most seem to be decent people)

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oops double post please delete

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
I’m sure you can find these types in D.C. from both sides of the political fence…I don’t think it suggests that a particular party is corrupt. Although, what makes it interesting is when a member from the family values groups (AKA moral majority who preach their religious morals the loudest and condemn anyone who disagrees) who are accused with things like this.

The hypocrisy is staggering.

I'm a Republican, btw.
(aka recovering flamethrowing right-winger)

[edit on 6/3/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey, John McCain is a republican, but he isn't owned by Haliburton&Co, I mean Bush&Co. Same with Powell, why he was forced to resign, he wasn't owned and actually used his brain for more then a hood ornament.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hey, John McCain is a republican, but he isn't owned by Haliburton&Co, I mean Bush&Co. Same with Powell, why he was forced to resign, he wasn't owned and actually used his brain for more then a hood ornament.

Colin Powell lost my respect with his dog and pony show at the UN. It made my brain ache watching him.

HE should have resigned. But then.. had he done that, Bush wouldn't have gotten his war.

new topics

top topics

join