It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Sub

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea what this sub could be? Picture caption says it was taken in 1967 and comes from the National Archives. Came across it as i was browsing GlobalSecurity, i have not posted the pic here as im unsure as to if it is Copyrighted. Just follow this
link

Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the picture is grainy but it looks like a Whiskey class submarine modified to be guided missile subs. i see that there is somthing in the back which looks like missile tube. so yeah it may be a Whiskey class guided missile sub.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How can you tell, with al the crap pop-ups on that page?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
How can you tell, with al the crap pop-ups on that page?

here is the best information i could get to prove it may be that class.

en.wikipedia.org...

u can see the picture.

o yeah i got the pop up thing to block all ads
. so i can see wat u cant see.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Whiskey class, thanks deltaboy. I saved the pic to my hard drive ( no popups then
) and was confused by the porthole like holes down tyhe side of the sub. comparing the 2 pictures tho it does look like a Whiskey Class, thanks for clearing it up for me

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Whats even more interesting about the photo is that it was taken by and from a satellite [KH-7 Gambit]. Thats exceptional for the time period the photo was taken in.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I agree, very good resolution for a satallite of that era. I would imagine that Satallite tech was in its infancy in 1967 at the time the picture was taken. There were quite a few Satallites that used the Gambit imaging system. Some info space.skyrocket.de..." target="_blank" class="postlink">HERE
for those who may be interested.

What i find more amazing is that the camera and film had to survive re-entry and be recovered.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Janus]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's not a submarine, it appears to be a surface skimming vehicle that uses what is called a wing in ground effect. These types of vehicles are more like airplanes than anything else. Conversely, it could be a sunken aircraft (the profile looks somewhat similar to one of our old super constellations).

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
That's not a submarine, it appears to be a surface skimming vehicle that uses what is called a wing in ground effect. These types of vehicles are more like airplanes than anything else. Conversely, it could be a sunken aircraft (the profile looks somewhat similar to one of our old super constellations).

no its a submarine alright, u can see the sail in the front, if it was a sunken plane it be underwater, not on the top where it is reflecting the sunlight. the back may look like it has wing tail but its just the poor picture, i mean if u look at the middle of the object u see wat looks like two bright flashes that almost looks like someone firing cannons. it just an old picture but no doubt its a sub.

new topics

top topics

join