It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passport: Denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All in the Name of Homeland Security

My grandfather was stationed in libya and when he was there with my grandma (they were both born in america) my dad was born. So now he's not allowed to get a passport even though he lived on a us air force base when he was in libya for less than a year. Just because of that his passport is being denied. He isn't even of middle eastern descent, he is fully italian. Just because he was born in Libya means he cannot get a passport. IMO that is bull.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
did they explain to yer grandfather why he was denied to get a passport? u be suprise how many other non middle eastern people are denied for a passport.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wait, isn't he a United States citizen if his parents were American citizens at the time of his birth? If he were born in Libya doesn't that just mean he has dual citizenship, American and Libian (correct term?)?

Secondly, is he unable to attain a passport at all, or was it denied once at a U.S. Security Checkpoint because he had Libian citizenship?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
He was doing it through the mail and they said they couldn't give him a passport. Hopefully they'll fix it and give him one. He isn't even Middle Eastern at all. No middle eastern backround. We're trying to fix this all right now and getting my grandparents to send some info to my dad to make sure they give him one.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
He was doing it through the mail and they said they couldn't give him a passport. Hopefully they'll fix it and give him one. He isn't even Middle Eastern at all. No middle eastern backround. We're trying to fix this all right now and getting my grandparents to send some info to my dad to make sure they give him one.

Good call, it's a dammed shame when "Homeland Security" causes these kinds of things to happen. I know we don't hear about many victories in the war on terrorism because they can't be made public...but it really seems like this new system is causing more problems than doing good.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah it really does seem that. I hope some good things come of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
no system is perfect but at least they can resolve this situation and allow yer grandfather in. in ani case they just want to be safe then sorry, if they allow some terrorist in wen they had a chance who u think will get the blame?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's my father. LoL Yeah, but the thing is he lived his whole life cept for a year in the US and his parents were US citizens. He also wasn't of middle eastern descent....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
All in the Name of Homeland Security

My grandfather was stationed in libya and when he was there with my grandma (they were both born in america) my dad was born. So now he's not allowed to get a passport even though he lived on a us air force base when he was in libya for less than a year. Just because of that his passport is being denied.

I can only assume you are referring to Wheelus Air Base. I can't imagine that being grounds for denying a U.S. Passport application, however, not providing a Consular Report of Birth or FS-240 would cause such a problem. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Passport Home Page

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
MM: I'll keep you posted. They never gave him a number to call them. So he can't get back to them till they get back to him. Hopefully it all works out. I'll keep you guys and girls updated.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My grandparents have to give us their passports from 45 years ago or he does not get a passport. Last year they detained him in Mexico cause they thought he was a terrorist. (He has a dark complexion because he tans a lot and he was born in another country which makes him a great candidate for profiling) They questioned him for a few hours I think. We were talking and he said if he went to Canada they would not let him back into America because he was a foreigner.....

new topics

top topics

join