It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Nile In Colorado: 4 Dead, 111 Infected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Three more people have died of complications from the West Nile Virus, bringing the statewide total to four, health officials said Wednesday.

Family members identified one of the victims as JoAnn Marie Kesler, 68, of Fort Collins, who died Sunday.

Two Pueblo County women, ages 83 and 84, died last week, said Jane Anne Hollandsworth of the Pueblo City-County Health Department. Their names and the dates they died were not released.

Kesler's family didn't know she had West Nile virus until it showed up in blood tests after she died, said her husband, Dr. Kelly Kesler.

"We thought she had pneumonia, a stroke or something," he said.

JoAnn Kesler had multiple sclerosis and was bedridden for two years, her husband said. He said she may have contracted the disease from a mosquito bite while they sat on their deck to watch the sunset over the mountains.

"We had citronella candles, a smoke generator and a $400 super mosquito zapper. We put on all kinds of (insect repellant)," he said. "It wasn't enough, even though we did what we could."

The state's first West Nile victim, Maria Flores, 77, of Greeley, died on Friday. She had been hospitalized July 27 after experiencing headaches, dizziness and nausea, family member said. She suffered from diabetes and leukemia.

Colorado has 111 confirmed human cases and 99 suspected cases, said Cindy Parmenter of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

News 4 Colorado

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just to add to your post about west Nile...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Do you REALLY believe there is such a thing a WNV?

Don't get caught up in the hype.

Remember SARS? This is no different.

This is a distraction.

Take note of the age of the victims.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That's far-fetched Skooter.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How ya figure?

You really think that these people are dying from mosquito bites?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skooter
Do you REALLY believe there is such a thing a WNV?

Yes, WNV was first isolated in 1937 from the West Nile District of Northern Uganda.

I live in Indiana; an area that has WNV. SARS is new WNV is old.

One of countless links to information on WNV: www.ccm.lsuhsc-s.edu...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You can believe what you like - Here is a really interesting site/article that goes against the grain of what you offer:

WNV - Its just another scam.

Don't believe the hype.

Skoot.

JUNE 23. If I had to lay down a bet on the next �disease outbreak,� I would put my money on more scare tactics surrounding West Nile Virus (WNV).

The summer is approaching. Mosquitoes, designated as the carriers of WNV, are coming into their own.

Two researchers of great interest (look them up on Google) are Jim West and Robert Lederman. These men are brilliant, tenacious, and relentless.

West has established, through examination of maps and health records, a devastating correlation between �outbreaks� of WNV and petrochemical refineries located nearby.

Lederman has a powerful focus on the New York City area and the mosquito-spraying programs that spread toxic clouds.

West, for example, points out that July 2002 WNV outbreak in Winnipeg (dead crows) took place not far from the St. Boniface Refinery near SE Winnipeg.

The 2001 outbreak in Monroe, Louisiana? �Downwind�from the largest petrochemical industrial region in the Western Hemisphere.�

The 2001 WNV outbreak in Windsor, Ontario? An adjacent refinery.

West points out that birds had been dying in many regions before WNV was announced as something new.

It appears, according to Lederman, that no tissue samples or blood samples of human cases of WNV have ever been made available to the scientific community at large. In other words, as with SARS, the so-called proof that WNV is causing illness is basically a CDC/WHO edict---not science.

He and I, I�m sure, would be more than willing to see evidence to the contrary, if there is any.

We would, of course, want to look at the NUMBERS OF WNV CRITTERS FOUND IN PATIENTS. Because, if, as with SARS, these numbers are incredibly low, there is no reason to imagine that the WNV is causing anything.

It also appears that WNV has never been isolated, aka found as a pure virus. Why not? Because the announced dimensions of the virus itself are smaller than the holes in the filters originally used to capture it.

Therefore, what else slipped through the filters?

There is much more to say about WNV, but I want to skip over to a recent and unnoticed development on the SARS scene.

Reuters Health, on May 29, ran a piece about two suspected cases of SARS being detained and quarantined in LA. In the next to last paragraph, we get a Reuters paraphrase of a statement from Dr. Jonathan Fielding, who is the director of LA County Health Services.

�No definitive test exists for the coronavirus that is believed to cause SARS, but antibody tests conducted 30 days after symptoms appear can detect a probable infection, [Fielding] said.�

Oh boy.

If they have actually ever isolated and sequenced the DNA of this coronavirus, then there would be a definitive test. WHO/CDC states this DNA sequencing has been done.

So what kind of lie are we looking at here?

There are two basic possibilities. One, they never really sequenced (or isolated) the virus. Two, they are not finding any of the virus in patients, so a test cannot be carried out.

In either case, the scandal is enormous and criminal.

And in either case, detecting so-called SARS from antibodies makes no sense at all. Because in order to know the antibodies are specifically connected to the coronavirus, you must also be able to do a direct test that turns up the presence of the virus itself. Otherwise, you could be dealing with antibodies to coffee or gin or draino or malaria or a ghost on Galaxy 23-A.

The whole thing is a fraud.

JON RAPPOPORT www.nomorefakenews.com

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can I see the link to that story?

I can't find it at www.nomorefakenews.com

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This should work -

Search the archive for west nile, or SARS, and I'm sure you'll get an eyeful.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skooter
This should work -

Search the archive for west nile, or SARS, and I'm sure you'll get an eyeful.

I found it; but I still think it's B.S.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey Hyperspace -

Again, you are more that welcome to believe whatever you like.

Don't underestimate the power of the medical cartels.

They�re in the business to make money, not save lives.

Ever notice how it is always a 'virus' and not a germ, or a bacterial infection?

Because it's the 'virus hunters' of the drug companies that need to stay employed (if they actually cured diseases, they would have no job!). Drug companies need to find scary 'out-of-control' illnesses to keep the R&D government grant money rolling in, and the drugs being sold to the worried consumers.

'Just take you pills, we have it all under control - everything will be fine...'

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There have been a couple people infected here around the Springs area... Hopefully I don't have it, or will get it

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
There have been a couple people infected here around the Springs area... Hopefully I don't have it, or will get it

Just be sure to soak in a tub full of OFF mosquito repelent before you go outside.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Skooter,

I understand what your saying and believe it's possible; but if I had to bet on it, I would go with WNV not SARS.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I guess that's my point.

IT'S NEITHER.

Ever head the term 'boil the frog slowly' ?

We are the frog.

The water is the media.

The propaganda is the heat source.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to waste my money on all that OFF spray stuff... I'd rather talk to the mosquito's very nicely, and kindly ask them to spare me...

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What, are you Dr. Doolittle?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I guess you could say I am... Or at least my parents say I am... because I " Doo Little" around the house...

new topics

top topics

join