It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was wondering if you all put your minds together to help figure whats wrong with me. You guys seem like Einstiens to me. So for the past few months I've been in and out of the hopital. Doctors have done all sorts of test from MRIs to EKGs to gluclose and all the tests come back negative. and doctors still can't seem to figure out whats wrong. Let me explain to you what happens. When I'm sitting or standing, basically whenever I start to get really realy really tired. After that my body turn blue/purple, i start hyperventalating, then i pass out. I've been doing this almost every other day. And no one can figure out whats wrong. Do anyone you have a guess at whats wrong with me?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I’m no Einstein either, but I’ve been married to medical professionals for over 20 years and some of this stuff just rubs off. Again, I have no medical degree or license to practice.

Anyway, what you’re describing seems to be related to your metabolism. You become very tired and then turn blue (hypoxia) and your body or you tries to increase the O2 content by hyperventilating. Have you had any test run on your thyroid levels? The main thing is not to give up. Keep pestering the doc’s and sooner or later you’ll get someone to really listen to you and do some research.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That was the first guess was thyroid, but when they tested me for that it was perfectly normal. Thanks for the input by the way. It means a lot.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Okay..here's one you might not have thought about. After 50 + years my wife was finally diagnosed correctly with HAE, Very rare and can be life threatening. Check out this website. www.hereditaryangioedema.com...

It only takes a simple blood componet test for C1.

Please check this site (and many others) if you have any of the listed symptoms. HAE can kill if not treated.

Sincerely.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
That was the first guess was thyroid, but when they tested me for that it was perfectly normal. Thanks for the input by the way. It means a lot.

Your thyroid testing can come back as normal one day and out of wack the next. Have more tests done.

It's kind of like taking your car to the mechanic. As soon as you get there, it runs fine and the 'knocking' disappears.

My mother has hypothyroidism (at the present time, was 'hyper' before). The thyroid is a funny thing. Hard to diagnose and effects EVERYTHING!

How's your blood pressure? Get the thyroid tested again. Make your appt around the time of your 'spells' or immediately after.

new topics

top topics

join