It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Throat = American Patriot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I had mentioned this in another thread but wanted to see what others may think. So do you think that Deep Throat was a hero in all of this or just a snitch?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't believe his motives were pure enough to be considered a "patriot." Nixon was down on the FBI at the time so Deep Throat could have feasibly had motivation other than "doing the right thing."

This is just my opinion:
In hindsight, Watergate didn't really make America a better place. We had to suffer through Ford and Reagan/Bush/W. were cut from the same cloth as Nixon.

Really though, trying to gather dirt on the Democrats was probably the least evil thing Nixon was involved in. It was good he was brought down, but its rather like Al Capone getting put in prison for Tax Evasion isn't it? They got him with the only thing they could make stick.

Just my $.02.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He's a total rat. He only did what he did because he was upset that he didn't get promoted. If was truly concerned about what was going on, as a member of the FBI, he should have gone through the proper channels, not sneak around moving flowerpots and meeting his friend in the press in underground car parks. Later, he did exactly what he exposed others for and was convicted of it, yet was pardoned by President Reagan, something that some involved with Watergate never got. He repeatedly denied he was deep throat and said it would have been dishonorable to have been him. Now he's just a pathetic old man stroke victim who's probably not even 1/2 there being paraded around by his money-grubbing family to try to make a buck off his story before he dies.

Really pathetic.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Or...

He knew something was illegal! He decided to cut straight out of the bureaucracy. Thus, insuring that Nixon would be dealt with while he was still in office. Think of how different things would have been had an ugly, fat lady hadn't talked some girl into keeping a semen-stained dress? That's about how different our country would be without this guy being a total rat.

He may have been sore about it. Nixon chose a non-FBI guy to run the show because Nixon wanted someone to tell him everything. Nixon was a paranoid guy...and rightfully so. (I don't get why Reagan pardoned him.)

As far as him being a broken down stroke victim and his family parading this guy around for money, it's possible...probably the most probable. I do have one thought on it, though. I think someone was going to come out with it. Mark Felt may have decided to do a "pre-emptive strike", so it will come out his way. Or he could have been close to death and decided to get his story on record before he goes. After all, he is now, well always was technically, an important person in history.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This guy was a filfthy rat! He clearly did what he did out of resentment for not getting Hoover's job upon his death. By putting himself before the welfare of his nation, he caused the eventual resignation of one of the 20th century's greatest presidents. I'm not about to list all of the great things that Nixon accomplished, but I will say that had he never left office, Saigon would never have fallen to the Communists.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Two words

American Patriot
I mean whats the confusion here the man brought down corruption in the US government at the highest levels. How could that be considered a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
THe line being fed to the complicit MSM is to rail this guy as a "rat". You can't swing a dead cat without this being spoken of in that vein, if not directly with that beligerence.

Why?

Agent Siebel Edmunds, Scott Ritter, Hans Blix, RICHARD CLARKE, PAUL O'NEILL, JOHN O'NEILL, Agent Robert Wright, Agent John Vincent, Agent Coleen Rowley

There's MANY MORE OF THEM OUT THERE. We can't have IT become fashionable, can we?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Deep Throat was a Hero

The Greatest thing about Nixon is two fold:
1) through him corruption at the highest levels of our government was exposed
2) he's dead, dead, dead.

Nixon was the originator of the DEA, of the lie of "Gateway drugs", of the "War on Drugs" philoshpy that now sees over 1 million arrests and has been the "gateway" to the world's largest prison population here in America.

For this I hope he burns in hell for all time.

Deep Throat: A Real American Hero

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Um, he was just pissed he was looked over...he was just a greedy guy! He could have gone to the police rather than the media!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Um, he was just pissed he was looked over...he was just a greedy guy! He could have gone to the police rather than the media!!!

As the 2nd guy in the FBI he was the police!!! He should have taken this to a grand jury, not his buddy in the press.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
no doubt he wasnt doing it for patriotism, its more like he had a grudge against Nixon who overlooked him for the top FBI post. he was a loyal man who expect to be repaid in kind from the government.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He took down Nixon, good for him.
Nixon was a crook, and he earned what he got.

Anyone who throws a monkeywrench in the machinery of corrupt power deserves our thanks.
We need more people like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

As the 2nd guy in the FBI he was the police!!! He should have taken this to a grand jury, not his buddy in the press.

A Grand Jury would not have been possible due to the level of political interferance Nixon enjoyed levying on his "enemies". The only way to get rid of the Stink in the White house was to expose him through the popular press thus triggering the masses to force their political representative to get off their duffs and do something. As a side note; I would have gladly done the same.

Deep Throat == true American Patriot

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A snitch. A bitter polical brat who was mad that he was passed for promo after stabbing his way as high as he did.

There's no excuse. Retaliating by leaking evidence to the press so as to wreck his perceived enemy's career.

Regardless of your opinion of Nixon, the snitch is a snitch.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

For this I hope he burns in hell for all time.

You're a dope. How can you even say something like this? Regardless of your political persuasion or even the actions committed by Nixon, to wish him to "burn in hell for all time" is a really messed up thing to say. He was a human being with a family and friends. He served his country for decades and spent the rest of his life trying to make up for his mistakes in office. Every president that followed him sought his counsel on diplomatic affairs and other important issues. The man was a statesmen. Because of him, we enjoy relationships (no matter how strained they may be) with China and Russia. He risked his political future and his presidency when he visited China. It was all for the sake of peace. And although at times he escalated it, and even let it drag on, he did end the Vietnam war that the Democrats had started. The crimes which he faced impeachment for were rediculous, especially considering those committed by Clinton and others before and since Nixon.

Anyway, you have a serious mental dissorder for wishing that someone whom you've never even met burns in hell for all time. I can only hope for your sake that no one ever wishes such a thing on you or one of your loved ones. Your comment is so indicative of those coming from the left. Were it not so pathetic and sad, the hatred you people spew for Bush and other Republicans would be comedic.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mark Felt works for the interest of another country.

There is always a purpose for each leak. What is it this time?

It proves what I have said 3 months ago was correct: FBI did it.(Israel controls D.O.J.. D.O.J. controls FBI. And FBI keep Americans under surveillance, include Presidents.) US politicians are surveillanced and controlled by intelligence. They are extorted and intimidated. And this time, they want Bush to do something. ( I'm FBI. You see Nixon? If you do not obey, we have another "Deep throat" to reveal how you cover up the man who leaked the ID of a CIA agent) To start a war with Syria, Iran? Or follow a new road map of Israel in Mid-east?

Re: 295. Who controls D.O.J.? (3/7/05)

Former President Kennedy was assassinated. Former President Clinton was impeached. All these revealed that even in top position, US politicians are under the control of intelligence. They were under the surveillance. They were extorted, blackmailed by intelligence. If they disobeyed, then they were punished by scandal, or even been assassinated.

Former President Nixon was impeached and lost his post in oval office in early 70's. The formal reason was he lied to cover up a tape which might reveal his awareness of illegal campaign activity. But lie and dirty campaign activity were common among high ranking politicians. It was only an excuse. Then what was the real purpose?

In March 2002, a news helped me resolved several puzzles. It was a tape of Nixon's conversation with former treasury secretary Connally. Re:

Quote, "Nixon Defended Envoy's Groping
1972 Tapes Also Reveal Talk of a Justice Dept. 'Full of Jews'

By George Lardner Jr.
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, March 1, 2002; Page A02

"Oh! Oh, God!" Nixon said with a sigh. "It erodes our confidence, our strength. They're untrustworthy. . . . Look at the Justice Department, it's full of Jews."
"Any place of power," Connally agreed. "SEC used to be -- all of them, those lawyers."
"Listen, the lawyers in government are damn Jews," Nixon said.
Both men agreed that Nixon should try to reduce the Jewish influence in a second term. Nixon told Connally on May 15 that he wanted no more than 2 percent of the government's political appointees to be Jewish, in proportion to the population. He later said 10 percent would be acceptable, "but certainly not 30 or 40 percent."

www.washingtonpost.com...

I then knew who control Justice department and why Nixon lost his job.

Nixon realized that there was a disproportion of government political appointees to the population. He thought it was not for the interest of US and tried to change that situation. He was impeached before he could do it.

Now I know why Sharon said, "Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, to Shimon Peres, October 8th, 2001

Israel controls D.O.J.. D.O.J. controls FBI. And FBI keep Americans under surveillance, include Presidents.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There is a lot about this story that I have not deeply dug into yet. However, I will make an initial guess that he is not a traitor or a patriot. He is a puppet. Someone motivated him to play leads to the press. The press gets the cookie for using the information. He was a puppet then and is a puppet now. I believe members of his family saw the recent book titles coming out about Watergate and thought about how they could make a few bucks doing the same thing. Everyone thinks this is the last real secret to come out about Watergate. However, I think there is a bigger shadow that has been hidden by making this scandal public.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

The attorney general was in on it. The courts were compromised.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
He was a disgruntled traitor. He should have went to Nixon with what he knew. Nixon could have remedied the situation. A man in his position should have never went to the press, he should have used his chain of command.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Deep Throat was and is to this day a true American hero. Every man in America owes Linda Lovelace a debt of gratitude for the skills she shared with the world and so many beautiful women that share our lives have tried to emmulate. The world is a better place because Linda Lovelace put her talents on the screen.....

Oh wait, your talking about Mark Felt aren't you. I can't stand a snitch.

Wupy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join