It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thesaint is back from iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello people to those that may remember me from last year. As some of know i went out to middle east to do some close protection work and i was hoping to get some decent info on whats going on over there. Its a pretty cruel place. i visited there years ago during my military career but on this visit it was an eye opener. i expected to be there a while however things changed and i ended up in Dubai and columbia until i returned 6 days ago. I wasnt sure which topic to post this under as im full of cobwebs when it comes to using my p.c. but id just like to say hi to all those who wished me farewell.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Welcome back, Glad you made all back safe, im sure you have lots to tell us !

Good to see you again

Asala

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Welcome Back!!

I have a couple of friends in Iraq and was curious to know what your take is on the information the media is giving us. I know you've been away for a year, but a lot of what we hear is negative. What did you feel/see/hear while over there.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wouldnt say it was too negative i would say the press speak in negativity when talking about iraq in order to make our goverments decision look pretty bad. Last time i was there was whilst i was in the military and we didnt find out much then as to what was going on that kinda info was for hierachy only. This time though as part of a civillian close protection group i had more insight in the iraqi people and what they think. I think the press try to portray the allied forces as unwanted over there but that couldnt be further from the truth. The iraqi people are most grateful for their presence. Obviously there are still the brainwashed children of saddam hanging about trying the odd ambush and rpg attack however a lot of this goes uncovered by the press. I think this could be to do with allied forces and their intel units letting the civvi know what they want them to know. Apart from this though it was kinda cool being over there as a civvi although at first it made me feel naked not being part of the allied forces and protection over the other side of the fence but after a while it became pretty good. i hope peace one day resides in that country i really do.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I remember you.... So glad that you are safe and sound !

Welcome Home !

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nothing says "glad to be back" like "smack my bitch up"!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Welcome back, see you around the boards

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Hello people to those that may remember me from last year. As some of know i went out to middle east to do some close protection work and i was hoping to get some decent info on whats going on over there. Its a pretty cruel place. i visited there years ago during my military career but on this visit it was an eye opener. i expected to be there a while however things changed and i ended up in Dubai and columbia until i returned 6 days ago. I wasnt sure which topic to post this under as im full of cobwebs when it comes to using my p.c. but id just like to say hi to all those who wished me farewell.

hello- good to hear your back- speak to you soon
missp

top topics

join