It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis outrage over the proposal of women driving.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by csulli456
Dont get me wrong I`m all for civil rights and equal rights as well but there is one exception to the rule. Ban women drivers worldwide, I`m sorry but for the most part they are not very good drivers. Of course we would have to offer something to make up for taking away this privelage and I think I know one thing that would work. Offer them 24hr foot massage parlors on every corner paid for by male tax payers. Just a thought. What do you think, especially any female responses on the subject.

As a woman driver, I have not a ticket, accident, or infraction on my record. And the little bastards rapidly changing lanes, cutting people off, and swerving through traffic, last time I looked, were little punk males ages 18-30. Youre probably one of them.

Next time, remember how bad a driver I am when Ive run you off the road

Shall we sandwich him? You on one side and and me on the other? Poor soul wouldn't know what hit him.

Women For Road Rage Party!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes Lady, you are right. The problem IS in this case, MEN. Being a man myself I must say that this is exactly the type of # that "Real Men" should be trying to correct. It is a simple fact that it is "Men who give Men a bad name". (It works the same across the board too for whatever classification you choose BTW.) Let's look at an example to better explain what I'm saying here:

"Over there, they don't want their women driving cars. like the man says, what if it breaks down? She's got to ask a guy to help? Its improper, it will lead to abuse of women, it will lead to fornication."
On the surface that actually almost sounds logical and makes sense, but is it really?? It would seem that the Saudi Men see themselves of protecting Women, which is of course noble of them. But then again, they're protecting them from, MEN!! Kinda like the Wolf protecting the chickens from the Farmer isn't it???

Also, notice how there is an automatic assumed helplessness attributed to women, which would actually be correct in this case since "Feeble, Helpless, Victims" are exactly what the Saudi Men always wanted women to be and so they make & keep them that way. I agree that it is unsafe for Saudi Women to ask Men for help since it's already been established, by the Men themselves, that the Men prey on their Women. That doesn't mean you don't let them drive, but instead perhaps the women should also know how to fix their own car in case it breaks down so that way they wouldn't have to rely on a bunch of Men who can't control themselves but try and control others to compensate.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by mOjOm]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The Saudi civil war will be here before long.

The Royals will all be dead or in exile. It will be interesting
to see what happens to the religious leaders ... will they
run things like in Iran or will the country 'wise up' and go
secular (and more progressive) like Turkey?

Hopefully the 'little people' will toss out the Royals, toss out
the religious leaders, and run things democratically. Then
women will be freed from their in-home slavery.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
Shall we sandwich him?

Uhm.....

must be different kind of sandwich.

Are the ones I'm thinking of allowed in Saudi Arabia?
Heck they do have multiple wives, maybe it is!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
must be different kind of sandwich.

Are the ones I'm thinking of allowed in Saudi Arabia?
Heck they do have multiple wives, maybe it is!

Oh my gosh I didn't think about that - yes it is a different kind of sandwich hehehehe. LOL.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
On the surface that actually almost sounds logical and makes sense, but is it really??

Just to be clear, I don't think that its very sensible, I am just saying that their position isn't completely barbaric.

It would seem that the Saudi Men see themselves of protecting Women, which is of course noble of them.

Indeed, that is how they see it. Of course, this same 'protection' from men doesn't extend to protection from a husband if he is abusive or equal protection and oppurtunities in the society, so its not 'much' of a protection, as you note, the wolves are just protecting the sheep in some situations. Indeed, they aren't actually protecting women, they are protecting the chastity and virtue of them, iow, an aspect that is seen as womanly, not the women proper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join