It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity's Death Throes: Planned "Patriot Pastor" Training To Finalize it's Corruption

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Part of the problem stems from the fact that there are so many factions in Christianity today. What "Christians" believe is as diverse as the many other non-Christian religions. I recently came across an article that claims only 9% of America's born again Christians actually believe basic Biblical truths.

Then 91% are not Christians nor are born again. To them I say, give the title back and you can have it once you do. I'd be interested in seeing the article if you're able to dig it up. I know no-one asked ME what I believe...nor my spouse...neighbor...I don't think anyone in my city was involved in that poll...odds are not my state either...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I am a christian who has lost all faith in the Church. I think this bible quote sums up how I feel

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (Matt.19:24).

In a capitalist socieity the rich (or more well off) has merged with Christianity. What we get with this merge is a completely dilluted consumerism that has nothing to do with God what so ever. I would say they don't even care about god, It's about dressing my kids up all nice to fit in with their world and judging you for not having the money to dress as nice. I've seen it with my own eyes since I was a kid, and I should know because I was the kid that couldn't afford to dress as nice. I moved from church to church and saw the same looks. Sure there were genious Christians there but I could see right through the majority. Christianity has become a trend in America due to the Republican party. It's no wonder this talk about the "end" of it. When I was a kid I questioned if I was worthy enough to enter heaven because I wasn't like the kids around me and I didn't have a dad that made six figures every year. But as an adult, do I blame god for any of this? absolutely not, it's people that have done this, they have consumed the root teachings of Christianity by consumerism.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

She left out my favorite. From the KJV

Deuteronomy 32:39 - and there is no god

Moses is reciting a song...there's more there about God. There is one God.

1 Kings 8:23 - there is no God

"and said: 'Oh Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below..." or did you just read four words of this sentence?

2 Kings 1:16 - there is no God

"He told the king, 'This is what the Lord says: Is it because there is no God in Israel for you to consult that you have sent messengers to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?" Confused? You shouldn't be, read the whole chapter.

2 Kings 5:15 - there is no God

Then Naaman and all his attendants went back to the man of God. He stood before him and said, 'Now I know there is no God in all the world except in Israel." Is the phrase "except in Israel" missing in your Bible? Then I would go get your money back because it's in everyone else's.

2 Chronicles 6:14 - there is no God

"He said: 'O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth..." Okay, making this point is getting tiring....

Psalms 14:1 - There is no God.

"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'" Are you calling yourself a fool?

Psalms 53:1 - There is no God.

"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'" - Ouch, and twice too!

Isaiah 44:6 - there is no God.

"...apart from me there is no God."

Isaiah 44:8 - there is no God

"Is there any God besides me?"

Isaiah 45:5 - there is no God

"I am the Lord and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."

Maranatha

Wow, you've successfully proven that not only is there a God in the Bible, but He is the only one. Thank you.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice
I am a christian who has lost all faith in the Church. I think this bible quote sums up how I feel

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (Matt.19:24).

Does it not say also in Matthew right after that in 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" My advice then is to get nosey, find out where your church is spending it's money. I can give you a quarterly budget for mine and I can say that it's not 'rich' by any means. If your church is rich and ungiving, then find one that is. Why sit cross-armed expecting the world to tailor to your desires? Better still, join that church, sit in on the committee meetings and fix it. If you love your fellow Christians, why would you not do that for them?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Does it not say also in Matthew right after that in 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" My advice then is to get nosey, find out where your church is spending it's money. I can give you a quarterly budget for mine and I can say that it's not 'rich' by any means. If your church is rich and ungiving, then find one that is. Why sit cross-armed expecting the world to tailor to your desires? Better still, join that church, sit in on the committee meetings and fix it. If you love your fellow Christians, why would you not do that for them?

I said it wasn't just one church it was all of them. Churches do nothing for me. I pray to god on my own and don't need some hoax preacher to teach me the bible I can do it myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I said it wasn't just one church it was all of them.

You've been to all churches? It's a shame I didn't get to meet you when you showed up at mine. So what did you think of Pastor Betters? Which service was it? Did you like what you saw in the Quarterly Budget printed in the bulletin? Are we spending our money on the right programs?

Churches do nothing for me. I pray to god on my own and don't need some hoax preacher to teach me the bible I can do it myself.

Definately read the Book on your own and have a personal relationship with God...in fact, that's what churches tell you to do so for someone who doesn't like church, you'd doing exactly what they want you to
. Sorry me and others are missing out on your fellowship, history, testimony and positive presence. Maybe we need you more than you need us.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I said it wasn't just one church it was all of them.

You've been to all churches? It's a shame I didn't get to meet you when you showed up at mine. So what did you think of Pastor Betters? Which service was it? Did you like what you saw in the Quarterly Budget printed in the bulletin? Are we spending our money on the right programs?

Churches do nothing for me. I pray to god on my own and don't need some hoax preacher to teach me the bible I can do it myself.

Definately read the Book on your own and have a personal relationship with God...in fact, that's what churches tell you to do so for someone who doesn't like church, you'd doing exactly what they want you to
. Sorry me and others are missing out on your fellowship, history, testimony and positive presence. Maybe we need you more than you need us.

Why are you so concerned what I do? You're being the typical church going Christian, nosey and judgmental. Maybe you should take the time to actually convince non-christians the word of god, not someone who believes in god already but just doesn't like how the church is ran. Ever thought of that?
I mean you're sitting here disagreeing with another Christian that believes in god when this whole topic is about the downfall of Christianity. Use your head.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Why are you so concerned what I do?

Because I care.

You're being the typical church going Christian, nosey and judgmental.

And by making this statement you are not judgemental? Nor judging all Christian churches as being the same because they do nothing for you? I agree, there are a lot of churches I went to that didn't set my soul on fire. It took some time and searching for me to realize I needed to find one that did, or start inviting some Christian friends over for reading, praying and discussion. *pssst, hey, that's church too. Just don't take a collection
. IRS will be all over you*

Maybe you should take the time to actually convince non-christians the word of god, not someone who believes in god already but just doesn't like how the church is ran. Ever thought of that?

Yep. Doing that too. But does that mean I should disregard my Christian brothers and sisters as well from trying to help?

I mean you're sitting here disagreeing with another Christian that believes in god when this whole topic is about the downfall of Christianity. Use your head.

We're not disagreeing over God, we're disagreeing over church. We're not allowed to do that? God and Christianity (following his son as teacher and saviour) will not fall, I have no worries about that. Trying to use my head all the time too.

I get the 'buzz-off' meaning here so will do as you wish. Just wanted to be fair and answer your questions.

May love, faith and hope be with you always,
God bless.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join