It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient airships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I remember reading an article about a model aeroplane found in the basement of a museum.
Some people believed it was a bird..
Quick google for an image:

Source:
www.enterprisemission.com...

[Can anybody translate the text in the pictures?]

And for the glyphs: the helicopter.
It does look like two images overlapping.
A "rotor" and the body of a plane.
Once you take away the "rotor" all you have is the body of a plane.
Or was that just another overlapping of glyphs?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
Here are some very interesting pictures of ancient aircraft. I wonder if they actually saw these airships and then carved them in stone or was it that they dreamed of these objects,or used some kind of out of body projection to be able to see into the future . What do you think?

www.crystalinks.com...

For what it's worth, here is my take on how this can be possible. Or, they were recording an account of ancient high tech, which is well supported by the information referred to in this thread.

Marianne Williamson, "God exists in eternity, and the only place time meets eternity is in the present. Therefore, the only time that exists is the present."
I now am quite convinced that this is true. My entire life I have seen clues and evidence of this, but it took me til I was 40 to see it. Must be my high intellect that allowed me to deduce it so quickly.........lol.
In my view, the past, present, and future are all happening now. Instantaneously and simultaneously. The reasons that I am convinced this is the most probable scenario are not important, as they are not likely to convince anyone else. They are personal experiences that most people I share them with scoff at me, snicker, and conclude I am either mad, or a liar. I am, of course, a liar, as are we all, but am not lying about these things. If I was, that would mean I set out to be jeered, ridiculed, insulted, scoffed at, and derided....over and over. I assure you, I hate it, and do not seek out this negative energy at all.
Many times, and by many people, the future is seen ahead of time, this is a very popular, and common belief. I firmly believe it to be true, and also feel that the moment of the present, this instant, contains all the time that has been, or will be. To me this is the best explanation of how this could be possible. The past, present, and the future is now, and references to the past as some other time that is over, or that the future has yet to happen, are just arbitrary human concepts that we have needed to understand the miracle that is life.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Translation of the first photo : Airplane model made of wood in the egyptian museum in Cairo.The plane in the glass case stood many years behind , near the main entrance, now its been removed and placed in the basement. Did people ask too many uncomfortable questions ?

translation of the third photo : Antique airplane models in the Stae Bank of Bogota.There are a whole number of groups of planes that archeologist have classified as insects but no insect cult is known in south american indian cultures. Insects were also never portraid in gold.

The text for the first and second photos are identical

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The "model planes" are actually model birds. They only look like planes if you look at them from a certain angle. I believe Byrd has seen them in person.

As for Timoothy's link to a passage from the Mahabharata- it is BADLY mistranslated, and in fact some of it is outright made up. Gurkha warriors (claimed to pilot the vimana in that passage) didn't even exist that long ago. They took the name Gurkha for the land they conquered in the 8th century AD, and about a thousand years later they gained renown as mercinaries in the employ of the British Empire after being defeated by the British East India Company in the Gurkha War.

Here is the alternate translation of the passage that you linked to.

taken from www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are the relavant passages: www.sacred-texts.com...

"When the next day came, Samva actually brought forth an iron bolt through which all the individuals in the race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas became consumed into ashes. Indeed, for the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas, Samva brought forth, through that curse, a fierce iron bolt that looked like a gigantic messenger of death. The fact was duly reported to the king. In great distress of mind, the king (Ugrasena) caused that iron bolt to be reduced into fine powder.
Vaishampayana said: "While the Vrishnis and the Andhakas were thus endeavouring (to avoid the impending calamity), the embodied form of Time (death) every day wandered about their houses. He looked like a man of terrible and fierce aspect. Of bald head, he was black and of tawny complexion. Sometimes be was seen by the Vrishnis as he peered into their houses. The mighty bowmen among the Vrishnis shot hundreds and thousands of shafts at him, but none of these succeeded in piercing him, for he was none else than the Destroyer of all creatures. Day by day strong winds blew, and many were the evil omens that arose, awful and foreboding the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The streets swarmed with rats and mice. Earthen pots showed cracks or broke from no apparent cause. At night, the rats and mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men. Sarikas chirped, sitting within the houses of the Vrishnis. The noise made by those birds ceased not for even a short while by day or by night. The Sarashas were heard to imitate the hooting of the owl, and goats imitated the cries, O Bharata, of jackals. Many birds appeared, impelled by Death, that were pale of complexion but that had legs red of hue.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok, now we are getting into Stargate / Daniel Jackson stuff...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Most of this ancient Indian civilization material is also entensively discussed in the Ancient Indian Civilization thread if anyone is looking for more information.

What if (there were) ancient civilizations that are now hidden under the North and South pole (due to cold snaps, tectonic shifts etc) If our entire orientation for the earth is incorrect, then we may be looking in all the wrong places.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I definately think that you are right it is a tremendously excellent and perfectly valid theory, however that can be a very ambiguous statement. The fact that something has not been found kinda means that the right place has not been looked at yet. However I do like that idea and theory. If one thinks about it if there was a big meteor impact on the planet it would drastically change the spin of the earth as to be expected, such as spinning a ball and then hitting it with another ball, it causes the spin of the original ball to invert completely a different way. The earth itself would shift, however the axis would stay the same due to certain orbital physics.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
The "model planes" are actually model birds. They only look like planes if you look at them from a certain angle. I believe Byrd has seen them in person.

Don't let Vag and Byrd discourage you, LogicalPsycho. The appeal to authority (Byrd) by the obfuscator (Vag) is as old as the Pope, and just as Authoritative (Zero Percent).

Since when has a bird (or Byrd, for that matter) HAD A VERTICAL TAIL?!

Answer: never.

As a qualified aerodynamicist who has also seen the model, I can tell you that it represents a solution of the yaw stability problem for artificial scale model flight. It is the same solution used on most airplanes today.

As such, it is remarkable.

Now, if you ask me if it is genuine- I can tell you that it is old wood. But old wood can be recarved and antiqued for appearance in modern times. It may be a hoax. Ditto for the Thunderbird castings (insects).

But I will not tell you that it is a hoax. It may be.

There is a real percentage chance that these items depict our Ancestors in a prior age of flight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join