It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Amazed When the Mystic Ball Reads Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Amaze your friends, scare your parents, spook your younger sister. They Mystic Ball will read your mind. Don't believe me, then try it for your self.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
the ball is more powerful than teh vader.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i tried it and yes it knew the answer, i'm sure its some type of mathematical solution in its response but im too stupid to figure it out.

but its neat.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
did it right the first time wrogn the secodn time.... my mind is uber powerful.....

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Tana, yes it is neat. I don't think your too stupid to figure it out though. More likely that you're just too lazy to really give it much effort at the moment.

cpr12r, you must have done your math wrong the second time or something cause it can't be wrong when done correctly. I say that because I know how it works and as tana suggested, yes, it uses a mathematical trick which always works unless you mess up one of the steps.

I won't ruin it for anyone by explaining it though. It is actually one of my favorite internet tricks I've come across and I'd hate to mess up the fun for others.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Notice that the table of symbols changes out on every turn to render this result "interesting".

There is a finite set of solutions to the problem - just the multiples of 9 up to 90.

Be amazed at how simple that is.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sorry mOjOm

My party-pooper was prepared before you interjected while I was working on some matter to do with life.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
*Spoiler*
If you really want to know the answer, then enter this text at www.rot13.com... and click the cypher button. Once you know the answer it spoils the fun.

Nqqvat n gjb qvtvg ahzore'f qvtvgf gbtrgure naq fhogenpgvat gur erfhyg sebz gur bevtvany ahzore nyjnlf tvirf n zhygvcyr bs avar. Gur flzobyf ol gur zhygvcyrf bs avar ner nyjnlf gur fnzr, naq gur pelfgny onyy nyjnlf fubjf guvf flzoby, juvpu vf qvssrerag rirel gvzr.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
dbates missed it by 2 posts.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well the darn thing was wrong
and I did it two times.

Murphy's Law, I am Murphy.:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhiannon1968
Well the darn thing was wrong
and I did it two times.

Murphy's Law, I am Murphy.:bnghd:

Really??? What were your numbers???

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Really??? What were your numbers???

I was going to ask about math grades, in jest. But you are much more polite.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well I cant remember the first number that I tried.
But the second time I tried I picked 91
so 9+1=10-5=5
five was a black diamond shape and I got the shape next to #3 which is something like a snowflake.

Signed . Murphy

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No.

If you pick 91, then the answer is 91 - (9 + 1) = 81, a multiple of 9, and the "Mystic Ball" works.

It really just works because of simple arithmetic.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Awww, I'm late.
So sad, I knew the trick.

If you stare at it long enough you can figure it out by seeing the symbols and noticing the patterns. Not all that hard if you try.

Another conspiracy debunked first at ATS!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh well I never said math was my forte.
Now I see the light. :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, that was a fun way to take my mind off of things, though it only got it right 1/10, cant be that great if it only has a 1% hit rate.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How did it know I was hungry?

top topics

join