It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious aircraft landed in Norway?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yesterday a mysterious plane(McDonnel Douglas MD-82) landed at Sola Airport on the west coast of Norway. It is believed that this plane is an american prisoner carrier transporting terror suspects from Irak and Afganistan to the US. The Norwegian government do not have any knowledge to this plane and its task. The plane arrived from Bucuresti, Romania and after refueling it took off to Keflavik, Iceland.

Picture of plane(Norwegian text): pub.tv2.no...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
why do you think its carrying prisoners? it looks like any other commerical carrier? i first thought it was air canada but its not............i just wonder why you feel its a topsecret american plane?

if it is that's really cool...........i was just curious as to what you all felt was going on.

angie

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It says in the article that it is a prisoner plane. Also says that the amnesty organization there are protesting the plane, saying they don't want such planes in their airspace giving the impression that Norway is being used as a middleman in the transfer of prisoners from one country to another where possible torture tactics are used. He also says the exact use of the plane cannot be proved.
If this is true, Norway has the right to refuse landing priveleges.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
well that's different then.............i wasn't able to read the verbiage associated with the photo.

makes perfect sense for them to be up in arms then!

thanks for the explanation!

angie

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nice find.

It is so cool that ATS has such a world wide membership. We are lucky to have members that can post articles that we would not not normally get to read.

I read the article in the link as best I could. I wish that someone could translate it. However, with my limited understanding I did some research on the aircraft, (the picture is too poor quality to read the tail numbers unfortunatly).

Maybe I am way off base, but....
The paint markings on the aircraft in the picture appear to be a Kyrgyz Air or Acvila Air McDonnell Douglas MD-82. Which was/is operated for Kibris Turkish Airlines (KTHY) and Kyrgyz Air of Kyrgyzstan

Perhaps financed here?

I started looking here for its saftey record, but ran out of time.

Here is a planespotter listing that I did not have time to fully go thru, but it looks like someone may glean some info on who owns that craft.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I emailed the person listed as taking the photo of the plane.

I asked him if he has a better picture so that I could see the numbers on the plane.

I will let you know if he replies.

I also emailed some of the editors in the links above to see if they could provide some light on the plane.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK, the photographer emailed me a better pic of the plane. The numbers are clear to see in this image.

Here is the owner of record according to the FAA website

Name ALAMEDA CORP TRUSTEE
Street 12400 HIGHWAY 281 N STE 150
City SAN ANTONIO
State TEXAS
Zip Code 78216

Anybody know how to do any further research to see if it was really carrying prisioners?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't know but i've never seen a plane like that before, strange "world" map on the side. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Here is the owner of record according to the FAA website

Name ALAMEDA CORP TRUSTEE
Street 12400 HIGHWAY 281 N STE 150
City SAN ANTONIO
State TEXAS
Zip Code 78216

Anybody know how to do any further research to see if it was really carrying prisioners?

Here is what the headquarters of Alameda Corp Trustee looks like on Google Maps:

maps.google.com...,+San+Antonio,+TX+78221&spn=0.006899,0.007778&t=k&hl=en

Looks about right to me.

Front Monkeys, not just for non-existent companies anymore...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You might find this article interesting.
It´s from New York Times, May 31, 2005.

C.I.A. Expanding Terror Battle Under Guise of Charter Flights

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I looked up the number at Planespotters.com and they have it listed as being owned by the Department of Justice. But it also says that it is in storage as of 2003.

*Shrugs* Dunno how to continue the research.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hum,

Found a strange link here

2005 Charters/Interesting Aircraft at Phoenix, Williams Gateway Airport, and Goodyear Airport. It says:

Jetran International (DOJ) MD-82 N822US 49139 Fieldmoved 1/15/05 stored; missing 3/13/05

MISSING????

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, it's been found now!

This is pretty strange. A great find!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
strange? Not really... Here`s a quote from page 3 on that article I mentioned. It might not even be the same plane...

C.I.A. Expanding Terror Battle Under Guise of Charter Flights - New York Times

May 31, 2005

"Sometimes a plane would go in the hangar with one tail number and come out in the middle of the night with another," said the former pilot. He asked not to be identified because when he was hired, after responding to a newspaper advertisement seeking pilots for the C.I.A., he signed a secrecy agreement.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It is revealed that the plane operated by US Marshall service landed without permit from Norwegian autorities. Norwegian Statedepartment says that the plane was on a mission for the US government. Sources claim that the plane had been on a major technical overhaul in Romania.

The plane is normally operated by US Marshall service, but it is leased to an unknown operator says an article from the newspaper Stavanger aftenblad.

Link to new article(not translated): pub.tv2.no...

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Northern Norway]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
First of all....hats off to Northern Norway...Excellent post. Nice to see some quality for a change!

You have voted Northern Norway for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

As far as needing permission to land..wouldnt they have had to have it? They cant just drop down wherever they want. What if what was an emergency on board. Im sure someone in your government knew that plane was coming, and who/what was in it.

Publicly they decry it and keep their hands clean, but on the inside I think they know and allow (Probably still a little gratefull for that whole stoppin the Nazis thing) the flights in and out. They probably didnt think people would even notice it at all. Notice how there is nothing to identify it as American to the eyes at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to makeitso...way to go on starting the whole trace the tail number thing....amazing. I had no idea that you could just find out that info by the number. Kinda neat, but kinda scary. Anyrate...

You have voted makeitso for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellmutt....your quote made me laugh out loud. I bet their glad to have him on the payroll. Btw-- I'm always readin the help wanted ads. I havent seen any for CIA pilots. Signed a confidentiality agreement? Thats the best they can do them? Its like the scene in "Team America" where Hans Blix tells Kim Jong Il that if he doesnt comply with the inspections, the UN will be very angry and they will write him a letter telling him that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyrate...this is an awesome post, and Im excited to see where it goes from here...

[edit on 3-6-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
First of all....hats off to Northern Norway...Excellent post. Nice to see some quality for a change!

You have voted Northern Norway for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

As far as needing permission to land..wouldnt they have had to have it? They cant just drop down wherever they want. What if what was an emergency on board. Im sure someone in your government knew that plane was coming, and who/what was in it.

If it is a charterplane it does not need a permit. But if it is a plane used by governments it need to apply beforhand,before landing says an official from the Norwegian statedepartment.

Btw, Thanks Spliff4020!

Publicly they decry it and keep their hands clean, but on the inside I think they know and allow (Probably still a little gratefull for that whole stoppin the Nazis thing) the flights in and out. They probably didnt think people would even notice it at all. Notice how there is nothing to identify it as American to the eyes at all.

Now, to makeitso...way to go on starting the whole trace the tail number thing....amazing. I had no idea that you could just find out that info by the number. Kinda neat, but kinda scary. Anyrate...

You have voted makeitso for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Hellmutt....your quote made me laugh out loud. I bet their glad to have him on the payroll. Btw-- I'm always readin the help wanted ads. I havent seen any for CIA pilots. Signed a confidentiality agreement? Thats the best they can do them? Its like the scene in "Team America" where Hans Blix tells Kim Jong Il that if he doesnt comply with the inspections, the UN will be very angry and they will write him a letter telling him that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyrate...this is an awesome post, and Im excited to see where it goes from here...

[edit on 3-6-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

If it is a charterplane it does not need a permit. But if it is a plane used by governments it need to apply beforhand,before landing says an official from the Norwegian statedepartment.

Well of course that what they are suppose to say. Now I dont think the Norweigian military would be in a rush to shoot down a passenger jet liner. Im sure that somewhere in your government, someone is allowing us to come and go as we please. And I'm sure they had a press release ready to go, in the event that it became public that they were allowing the flights.

Also, as our little research team has found, the planes records are confusing as hell to sort out. This thing is long gone, and we will never find out who or what was on board.

Dont take this as an insult to your government at all. Its just that since we are allies, I just think that they are allowing this. Plus, it probably isnt a regular thing. Is it?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i got a pic of it from 2004 listed as DOJ property

www.visitingphx.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
also this history on it....

www.airfleets.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join