It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion At Water Treatment Plant in Northern Ireland Chemical Spill (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
One Dead and Two Others Injured after an Explosion at the Carmony Water Treatment Works This Morning The Immediate Area is Now Being Evacuated

news.bbc.co.uk
It is understood the explosion could be linked to chemicals used at the plant. A major incident has been declared as fumes may have escaped.

Altnagelvin hospital in Londonderry has put its major emergency plan into effect.

BBC Radio Foyle reporter Enda McClafferty, who is at the scene, said a hole had been blown in the roof of a building about 1015 BST on Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems this is just an industrial accident, though this is not confirmed yet. The Thing that has always concerned me is the potential for these sort of chemicals to 'spill' into the domestic water supply by such an accident.

If its miniscule concentrations in the air warrant sealing of windows and evacuation its strength and dangers within the water supply warrant even more caution.

I am trying to confirm the actual chemicals involved though I would assume it will be a Chlorine based substance.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
sorry already covered

please view thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join