It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run For the Hills! Rambo IV on its way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just when you think that Hollywood has sunk to new lows, comes this horrific news:

"Rambo" Back on Duty

After a 17-year layoff, Sylvester Stallone is ready to reprise his role as everyone's favorite muscle-bound Green Beret for a fourth installment in the popular 1980s film franchise
Just Say No

My question is this: Does Stalone actually read the scrips before he signs on

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the mad parady is comeing true,ruuunnnnn awwwayyy.

seriouly WHY? they were pretty bad to begin with. though i will admit that the script was about as good as stalone ever did.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
would you rather a new rambo or another installment of get carter.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You know what, I really do think this could work out. They need to go back to the formula that they used in First Blood where he was fighting back against the establishment in the U.S.. Maybe have him have to fight back against some younger American special forces members gone bad. Make him vulnerable and turn him in to a reluctant hero. Get a good director to bring back some legitimacy to the character. Maybe John McTiernan. It could be a blockbuster if done right.

Now having said all that what they're probably going to do is use the character as an 'American' icon fighting the evil abroad like they did with II and III, and I just don't think the masses are going to arrive in droves to see it.

Peace

p.s. BTW, I read the article after I replied. It is going to bomb.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I guess Bush figured it worked for Reagan???

I wonder who Rambo's enemies will be???

Any guesses???

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I wonder who Rambo's enemies will be???

Any guesses???

Though he's "assimilated into the tapestry of America," workplace stress forces Rambo to leave the big city and move his family to the boonies. Their lives are upended however by white supremacists unhappy about a part-Navajo man moving into the area. When the racists take Rambo's 10-year-old daughter hostage, dad is forced back into action to rescue her.

Remember, I think it was Rambo II where he joined the TALIBAN to fight the Soviets.

The whole Rambo series is as "pro-American" as Al Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You're thinking of Rambo III. John Rambo gets to help the Taliban fight the Russian baddies.

You've inspired me to change my avatar.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
that avatar rules, I was about to say something about it in the fake ass alien scam artifact thread wooha!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
being an 80's kid great news just hope he does a good job of it yayyyy. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Though he's "assimilated into the tapestry of America," workplace stress forces Rambo to leave the big city and move his family to the boonies. Their lives are upended however by white supremacists unhappy about a part-Navajo man moving into the area. When the racists take Rambo's 10-year-old daughter hostage, dad is forced back into action to rescue her.

Oh god no...

You know you've got a bomb on your hands when you rip off plotlines from Steven Seagal movies (or Arnold's "Commando" (a great flick though), etc. etc.) Most movies are about heroes overcoming overwhelming odds. (Rambo against police and military forces, against the VC, against the Russians, etc.) Somehow, I don't see the White Supremacists putting up the same level of fight....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why in the hell is Stallone writing the screenplay? He should know enough to put this in the hands of proffesionals. We have a whole bunch of good writers here at ATS. Any one of us could probably write a better screenplay than Stallone. Hollywood has really gone stale.:shk:

Peace

new topics

top topics

join