It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STARWARS Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Interesting video by Alex Jones. He compares the new star wars film to the Bush administartion. It really wakes you up, he speaks a lot of truth.

The Star Wars story has had, without a question, the greatest impact on popular culture of any movie in world history. We will now explore why it has resonated so strongly with so many people across generations.

At last, the mainstream media is picking up on something we've been talking about for years. The plot lines of George Lucas' six Star Wars films mirror, in many respects, the activities of western governments.

George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars saga, has said over and over again that he simply plays on subconscious archetypal symbols that evoke primeval fears and passions. Lucas has also stated on many occasions that he draws from historical examples of imperial leaders' lust for war and total power.

Lucas has said that that is why his films have such a powerful effect of people. Deep down, everyone knows that the greatest threat to life and liberty isn't the average criminal on the street, but the monolithic, all-powerful state.

The human desire to resist tyranny is one of the strongest drives we have and Lucas plays upon that instinct masterfully.

While premiering his film, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, at the Cannes Film Festival George Lucas was asked if his new film was a social commentary on George Bush and the Iraq invasion (which even our own government admits is part of America's new "kindly, helpful and loving" imperialism).

How can they not ask this when Darth Vader says to his former teacher Obi-Wan Kenobi, "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy." Remember that Lord Bush, after the 9/11 attacks said, "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 2-6-2005 by infinite]

[edit on 2-6-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
All of what AJ says there in his little skit is true...but...

This method of presentation is simply silly and actually hurts the cause more than it helps it. The only people who will get anything out of Alex Jones dressing up in a cheap Darth Vader suit are 13 year olds who think it's cool. In his attempt to reach a larger audience and get through to people, it seems he's resorting to parlour tricks. It would be much more effective if he increased the level of professionalism and the serious image of his programmes.

AJ, what the hell were you thinking?!?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
A lot of people seem to interpreting this movie in strange ways. So far ive seen it interpreted as a tool for the "nwo" , New Age religion , Anti christian, pro christian and so forth. Who thought Yoda was such a Subversive

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0
A lot of people seem to interpreting this movie in strange ways. So far ive seen it interpreted as a tool for the "nwo" , New Age religion , Anti christian, pro christian and so forth. Who thought Yoda was such a Subversive

Yeah, ive seen the many ways this film has been interpreted as.
Alex Jones view point of the film does make sense, hell of a lot of sense to be honest, but you could call be bias cause i am a big fan jones

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I saw United Kingdoms former Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill all over Emperor Palpatine to be honest. I was having a great time at the movie that was Awesome and not at all as #y as the two former movies were. I did see more Winston then Bush to be honest in that movie.

Necros
Don´t blame me I`m just a newbie....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
noooooooooooooooo ! leave star wars alone !!!!!

its not a disclosure project
the force is not real
the lizards in the 4th dimension don't have light sabers
its not an allegory about bush

its a hero quest !!!! written in the 1970's !!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
noooooooooooooooo ! leave star wars alone !!!!!

its not a disclosure project
the force is not real
the lizards in the 4th dimension don't have light sabers
its not an allegory about bush

its a hero quest !!!! written in the 1970's !!!!

Nothing about Lizards...

did you even read the links?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Indeed, lucas conceived of the whole saga at once, and then realized it would take many movies to make it. He decided to start in the middle. The general plot is not a blast on bush.

However, I will note that there are a few things that seem out of place in the star wars saga in general. The people in the republic seem, all of a sudden, very concerned with 'democracy', they use the word quite a bit, when before it was never mentioned. And they also say things like 'this is how liberty dies, to the sound of applause' and the like. The bad guys prattle on about creating 'peace and justice' thru the empire, and there is the idea that its not 'good and evil', and that the bad guys are the ones who think it boils down to good and evil, whereas the jedis realize that its not so simple.

But, in general, it silly to say that its made to blast bush.

Also, one thing I would like to note about star wars in general.

In the past, most situations in sci fi movies where the 'bad guys' are going ot take over, they are trying to do so by simply attacking the good guys. IE, in the usual working, before star wars, the Empire would be an outside group that invades and destroys the republic, or a group that openly starts in the republic and overthrows it.

But thats not what happens in star wars. The emperor is a chancellor, he's a part of the system. And he manufactures a war and civil unrest, to use as an excuse to build his super army, and then uses that to give him powers and bring about the empire.

So my question is, does lucas know about the NWO and Illuminati conpsiracy theories? Because in my experience this is not how bad guys operate in sci fi, especially when lucas must've came up with all of it. But it is how the Illuminati are usually said to be 'taking over'.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So my question is, does lucas know about the NWO and Illuminati conpsiracy theories? Because in my experience this is not how bad guys operate in sci fi, especially when lucas must've came up with all of it. But it is how the Illuminati are usually said to be 'taking over'.

He researched into secret societies as apart of the star wars film, so i guess he researched into the illuminati. He always the armies like the third reich and compared the film to present America (according to Jones). I would assume he did research into the NWO/illuminati conspiracy a lot to build a successful film.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Something tells me this little skit is going to haunt Alex Jones for a long time. Who is going to take a guy seriously when he talks about conspiracies while wearing a Darth Vader suit? Can you imagine anyone agreeing to be interviewed by him after seeing this? I'm really disappointed because I thought Jones was one of the few people who had a chance to bring some respect and overall credibility to the movement while still retaining some guts and passion. Now I guess it's left solely up to vapid and uninspired acts like DemocracyNow and such. Let's hope this blows over and nobody notices.

Alex...Alex... :shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i liked the idea of him doing that, i found it funny. He acting was really good to be honest
overall, it was very interesting

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
people really love stars wars and would do crazy stuff

I see in the TV but not like i going to sleep dream eat think about it its just fun to see it

new topics

top topics

join