It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US control the Middle East?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
@ delta. i most likely doubt all nations in the mid east could be taken cause we are obviously the great satan to muslims and they would suicide bomb us everyday to the last man there.

yeah we are the Great Satan thats why millions of Muslims are living in the US of A, i wonder..........
, in any case not all Muslims believe wat Osama believes. thats why he has to hide himself in a cave cause he cant trust every Muslims tsk tsk poor Osama.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
The age of conventional warfare has ended long ago. There are many other ways to control countries then brute force.

I concur most favourably.

It says far more about the mentality of contemporary society than it does about military capabilities.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I actually have another question. Is all of the Middle East rich in oil, or is it just the main countries like Iraq, etc.?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I actually have another question. Is all of the Middle East rich in oil, or is it just the main countries like Iraq, etc.?

nope not all, for example Israel and Jordan are not rich in oil. i have to check some other sources but those two are examples of countries that do not have oil like the other ME countries.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They will continue to gain control over the middle east, but the world will only tollerate it for so long. The East will start to want it back. They are stronger than we give them credit for.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How many of the ME countries are in control of nukes? That could be something that they could get some power back threatening with...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
They will continue to gain control over the middle east, but the world will only tollerate it for so long. The East will start to want it back. They are stronger than we give them credit for.

wat do u mean they want it back? can u be more specific as to wat they want back. their religion? their homes? their oil?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think they'd want control over their countries back...instead of us changing it. But then again I'm not the poster

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They want their individualism back and to have no relation to the US invading their land and making a joke of their religion.
www.libertypost.org...

They want to be left alone. There are as many terrorists in every other country in the world. US like to use the smeer campagin tacktic.Witch hunt style. If you stand up against it you also a witch.www.mwscomp.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
They want their individualism back and to have no relation to the US invading their land and making a joke of their religion.
www.libertypost.org...

They want to be left alone. There are as many terrorists in every other country in the world. US like to use the smeer campagin tacktic.Witch hunt style. If you stand up against it you also a witch.www.mwscomp.com...

maybe they should stop killing non-Muslims because they intrepret the Koran which tells about cleansing this world and make it Islamic. also to stop funding groups who want to make Islamic territory in a country where most of the population aint Muslims. also they be blowing up Shiites who are considered Muslims but they ignore the Koran's words about killing another Muslim, also destroying other religious artifacts because they are considered heretics is not very assuring that they will stop wat they are doing. for example the destruction of the Budda statues that has been sitting there for thousands of years and aint doing no harm but some Islamic fanatics decided to destroy it because it "provokes" them. you may think they want to be left alone i agree, but there are some who prefer to spread their Jihad around the world. it aint gonna stop.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I think we are wasting our time. The US is all trying to 'liberate' them and they don't even want to be liberated...They just want us to leave them alone..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join