Calipornia's Governor Race

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I will be supporting this candidate.



Gary Coleman, the star of the 1980s sitcom, "Diff'rent Strokes,"
plunked down $3,500 in Alameda County on Wednesday and declared himself
a candidate for governor of California.

Current governor Gray Davis is facing a recall election Oct. 7.


I thought we should have a thread to discuss the candidates running.

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]




posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Where did he get $3500? I thought he was flat broke because his agents adn parents took all his money as a kid. I doubt he'll have a chance against Flynt or Shwarzenegger



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would like to start a Draft George Carlin Campaign. What an excellent leader he would make, heh...



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   


Man, California's Governors Election is looking more and more like a movie interview or a prelude to a movie screening.

I'm going with the "Governator."


regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Seekerof]



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This recall business is just another evil and disgusting repugnant tactic to get their way by breaking the rules. Just like Florida. Just like Texas. Hell, repugnant friends like Enron and Reliant and their criminal schemes were the cause of the bankruptcy in CA. Then, when Davis begged Bush for a price cap on electricity before it was bled to death, Bush said no. he couldn't forget his friends.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Gary Coleman running for governor..


Im going with 'Arnie' if he hasn't pulled out.!



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I can't wait to get this over with. Nobody is going to vote for Gary Coleman. Just some publicity for his crappy career. It would be nice if we had somebody with political experence in the race. I get the feeling the rest of the country is laughing their butts off at us.
We have a govenor that has his head so far up his butt, he will never see daylight, and a bunch of actors and a bunch of schmucks that haven't been in politics before.
WE ARE DOOMED.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
a bunch of actors and a bunch of schmucks that haven't been in politics before.
WE ARE DOOMED.


Blame the repugnants.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
lol colonel ANYONE in california can legally do this. this isnt JUST republicans who signed on for the recall.

but keep thinking it if you want.

again it is completely legal. you dont like it but you think bush should be empeached. when one politician is removed legally, you dont like it but when its one you dont like its perfectly ok. nooen likes a double standard.


and BTW california is controlled by democrats, if this really wasnt legal it would have been stopped. so much for you "repugnants break the rules" BS statement.

and the name calling just makes you look childish. no wonder you handle all this in a child like manner, you're acting like one.



get over it. you will eventually or your negativity will eat you alive. it already is. look at how bitter you are! look at how you act. so sad.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Umm no. It was a dem that screwed CA out of a 9 billion dollar surplus. The recall may have been sponsered by repubs, but people from all political parties signed it. Gray Davis sunk this state to lows never seenbefore. The Dems bent us over and gave it too us good.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
and a bunch of actors and a bunch of schmucks that haven't been in politics before.
WE ARE DOOMED.


Reminds me of someone Actor and a Schmuck he made president though. Ronald Reagan.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
lol colonel ANYONE in california can legally do this. this isnt JUST republicans who signed on for the recall.

but keep thinking it if you want.

again it is completely legal. you dont like it but you think bush should be empeached. when one politician is removed legally, you dont like it but when its one you dont like its perfectly ok. nooen likes a double standard.


and BTW california is controlled by democrats, if this really wasnt legal it would have been stopped. so much for you "repugnants break the rules" BS statement.

and the name calling just makes you look childish. no wonder you handle all this in a child like manner, you're acting like one.



get over it. you will eventually or your negativity will eat you alive. it already is. look at how bitter you are! look at how you act. so sad.


Look, YOU, the repugnants are just evil. They will LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, KILL, and SELL THEIR OWN FAMILY INTO SLAVERY just to get their way. The Florida debacle was illegal. The Texas redistricting is illegal and the CA recall may not be illegal but it was started by a wealthy republican who is a KNOWN FELON.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Umm no. It was a dem that screwed CA out of a 9 billion dollar surplus. The recall may have been sponsered by repubs, but people from all political parties signed it. Gray Davis sunk this state to lows never seenbefore. The Dems bent us over and gave it too us good.


Ummm.No. Who raped CA of billions? It was Enron & co. during the rolling blackouts with their "death star" programs. Just admit the truth...for once, republican.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
lol colonel ANYONE in california can legally do this. this isnt JUST republicans who signed on for the recall.

but keep thinking it if you want.

again it is completely legal. you dont like it but you think bush should be empeached. when one politician is removed legally, you dont like it but when its one you dont like its perfectly ok. nooen likes a double standard.


and BTW california is controlled by democrats, if this really wasnt legal it would have been stopped. so much for you "repugnants break the rules" BS statement.

and the name calling just makes you look childish. no wonder you handle all this in a child like manner, you're acting like one.



get over it. you will eventually or your negativity will eat you alive. it already is. look at how bitter you are! look at how you act. so sad.


Look, YOU, the repugnants are just evil. They will LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, KILL, and SELL THEIR OWN FAMILY INTO SLAVERY just to get their way. The Florida debacle was illegal. The Texas redistricting is illegal and the CA recall may not be illegal but it was started by a wealthy republican who is a KNOWN FELON.


my my, you have quite a temper!

of course most of what you said can be applied to any politician, not just republicans.

and the fact he is a felon doesnt make the process any less legitimate.

sucks to be you! so angry, so full of loathing and short sightedness. i almost feel sorry for you but you choose to act and think this way.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh, isn't that the repugnant way out. "What you said could be applied to any politician." Yes, it can, if they're republican.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Oh, isn't that the repugnant way out. "What you said could be applied to any politician." Yes, it can, if they're republican.



lol what planet are you from? i'm not a republican but nice assumption!

i guess in the world you live in democrats never lie cheat steal or do anything immoral or illegal. lol must be nice to live in bliss.

ignorance is bliss isnt it? yes it is.


welcome to ignorance, population, YOU.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If Gray Davis had a brain in his head he would have seen the power crisis coming and should have planned on building more pwer plants. Then Enron would not have been needed. Just rember Colonel everybody signed the recall,not just republicans. Nobody likes Davis. He has the lowest approval ratings I have ever seen. Please bring Pete Wilson back,life was good with a republican in office.



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
to get back on topic:

You guys know that Larry Flynt is running, too, don't you?


I'd like to take a field trip to that statehouse... "Over here, children, is the lesbian orgy room..."



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Lt. Gov Cruz Bustamante announced late Wednesday that he plans to run in the California recall election, despite maintaining a stance for some time that he would not challenge his own fellow party member for the position.

Bustamante's entry into the election makes him the first solid Democratic candidate to avoid current Gov. Gray Davis' tries to keep fellow members of his own party off the ballot.

Bustamante is the first Hispanic in more than a century to hold the position of lieutenant governor.

USA Today



posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
If Gray Davis had a brain in his head he would have seen the power crisis coming and should have planned on building more pwer plants. Then Enron would not have been needed. Just rember Colonel everybody signed the recall,not just republicans. Nobody likes Davis. He has the lowest approval ratings I have ever seen. Please bring Pete Wilson back,life was good with a republican in office.


Then, Enron wouldn't have been needed? Oh, so its ok for repugnants and friends to commit FRAUD on the people....just blame a Dem when you're thru.

And of course no one likes Davis with all the repugnant propoganda about on the repugnant controlled airwaves.






top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join