It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what does the bible say?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hearing about all this prophet Yahweh stuff raises questions to me and I believe somewhere in Revelations that it mentions false prophets near the end of time. I may be wrong. i also hear about bible code which is hard to believe. But I was wondering if someone had a bible code program that they could do a search for me and many others on Prophet Yahweh just to se what it says. I wanted to address this issue now not because I believe the end is near but because most people only search bible code when its already too late. So could someone please search now so we know before we find out the truth? Thanks for your help and please post any findings you have in here.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
9890, I'm still skeptical about Bible codes, but I am even more skeptical of this prophet yahoo guy. I don't need any codes to tell me that he is a fake.
Years ago I bought a Bible code software package but it is for windows 95 and not compatible with my XP.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Like you DArk Elf I am skeptical on Bible Codes because people only see what they want to. Also this Prophet is not a prophet I have any intention of following because I have a feeling this is fake. But slight knowledge is better than knowing nothhing at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Prophecy !!!!!!!!!

You can thak this the way You want, But the next thing to come up in Prophecy is worded As:

The Generation that see the Fig tree Bloming again will see the Second comming of Christ:

The Fig Tree is Israel and It is saying that the generation that see Isreal become a Country again will see the second coming of Christ.

In 1947 the UN gave Isreal so of the Land back to them that God had gave them when they were taked out of Egypt that was called the promise Land..

But Isreal did not become a real Nation till the 1968 WAR when they took Jeruslaem Back as the the First Capitol of Isreal .....

In the Bible, says a generetion is 40 years....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So I don't know if I'm understanding this right but does that say that the second coming of christ should be in 1987? I think I'm wrong but I don't know.

Nevermind does it say it should be 2008? If this is indeed true?

[edit on 1-6-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
1968 + 40 = 2008

But as we know is that were not sure how far off our candler is RIGHT, So at least we have a starting place but we are not sure if it will be before or after 2008 !!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ya I know the date thing now sorry. I was looking at the 1947 one. I got a little confuzzled. But also I think the bible says that no man will know the date of his return, or something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Of course, it predicts 2008, but if its wrong.....we must have calculated it wrong.

How about this. IT WAS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!!

People are so gullable.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The bible code I think is just a big lie because it says the earth will be destroyed by a comet....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We'll never be able to find a code for the futur. How are you supposed to know what to look for?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
Hearing about all this prophet Yahweh stuff raises questions to me and I believe somewhere in Revelations that it mentions false prophets near the end of time. I may be wrong. i also hear about bible code which is hard to believe. But I was wondering if someone had a bible code program that they could do a search for me and many others on Prophet Yahweh just to se what it says. I wanted to address this issue now not because I believe the end is near but because most people only search bible code when its already too late. So could someone please search now so we know before we find out the truth? Thanks for your help and please post any findings you have in here.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
Mat 24:25 See, I have told you beforehand.
Mat 24:26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Revelation 13 is about the false prophet you were thinking of.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Revelation 13:13 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.

12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.

14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,

17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Well that sounds like Prophet Yahweh.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My favorite verse concerning such things is:

Mat 6:34 KJV
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Revelation 13:13 (New International Version)

I wouldnt trust the NIV they have taken some verses out...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Oh ok good to know that I'll double check on some other versions to see what they say too.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I found that out here, www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Here's another good link: www.jesus-is-lord.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfdarby
The Generation that see the Fig tree Bloming again will see the Second comming of Christ:

The Fig Tree is Israel and It is saying that the generation that see Isreal become a Country again will see the second coming of Christ.

In 1947 the UN gave Isreal so of the Land back to them that God had gave them when they were taked out of Egypt that was called the promise Land..

But Isreal did not become a real Nation till the 1968 WAR when they took Jeruslaem Back as the the First Capitol of Isreal .....

In the Bible, says a generetion is 40 years....

I've thought on this also and here is some thoughts I had. The dates of 1948 and 1967, when Israel was reborn and when they took back Jerusalem, could be 2 dates of importance.

The Bible mentions 40 years as a length of a generation, but earlier in Genesis it mentions 100 years as the length of a generation.

So add the shortest generation length to 1948 and add the longest generation length to 1967. You come up with 1988 and 2067. If we understand the fig tree right it would appear that the return of Jesus will be sometime between 1988 and 2067.

This does match with some other return hints in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok thats all good but where does it say the fig tree is israel? I'm just wondering cuz i've never heard of that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Maybe the 100 year generation in the OT was there because pople lived up to and over 0ver 900 years old..

and after the flood a generation fell to 40 years as the age of man went below 100 years..

Humans lost over 90% of there life spand after the Flood...

[edit on 02/20/2005 by jfdarby]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
Ok thats all good but where does it say the fig tree is israel? I'm just wondering cuz i've never heard of that.

"A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him: let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it and dung it. And if it shall bear fruit, well and if not then after that thou shalt cut it down." (Luke 13:6-9)

The parable was preceded by his words: "Except ye repent ye shall likewise perish". The explanation of this parable was obvious to the listeners. The owner of the vineyard is the God of Israel (Isa 5:7). The dresser is the Messiah, who, three years into his mission, would, through his digging and fertilizing, make the nation bring fruit unto God.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join