It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria's Genesis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hello all. First post here. I dont know if this might have been talked about b4 so please tell me if it has.

A few days ago I found out that this girl I have been talking to for the past few months has purple eyes. I didnt believe it at first but one of her friends showed a pic of this girl and said that she does have purple eyes. I did research on this and found only one website calling this "Alexandria's Genesis". I could not believe what I was reading!

Here is some info from the website:

Below are all of the characteristics of "Alexandria's Genesis."

Clear, silver-like purple eyes (after 1st birthday; deepen in color until onset of puberty)

No facial or body hair growth beyond what was already there at birth

Dark brown or black hair

Shimmering white skin that resist tanning and burning

Lack of menstruation cycle (in women)

Highly evolved immune system (has been known to resist every disease
known to man so far)

Appear 5-20 years younger (after the age of 21, the aging process slows down greatly; it stops completely between the ages of 40-50)

Long life span (ranges from 130-170 years)

Perfect vision

Never overweight (their metabolism prevents the gaining of too much fat [a.k.a., partial lipodystophy])

The most interesting part is how this mutation originated:

The particular priest had heard a story about a race of people who had purple eyes. These humans were thought to have come from Egypt after "a mysterious light flashed in the sky during a moonless night thousands of years ago." The purple-eyed humans also had very fair skin, and were thought to be spirits because of their appearance. The so-called "spirit people" eventually went north and vanished without a trace.

So could this mutation come from somewhere else besides Earth? I talked to her brother about this and he found more info on it. He said that the 15th generation to have this has much, much stronger symptoms. I.e. stronger, lives longer... I am still a little skeptical about her having this but too many things fall into place.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by SeekarOfTruth]

[edit on 1-6-2005 by SeekarOfTruth]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice find, SeekarOfTruth...

I'd sure like to see a pic of a purple eyed person.

I wonder if anyone else will post that they have seen such eyes?

Incidentally, purple is known as the 'Royal Colour'...hmmm

btw, welcome to ATS...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow, this is one of the most interesting things I have read on ATS in a while if you find out any more please post it!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Purple or Violet eyes come from functions of the optical nature of the stroma's (the thickest central layers of the cornea) physical relation to the iris. If the cells in the stroma are dense and deep, a dark blue or violet results.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sounds similar to indigo children again

i remember hearing somthing about that indigo children are meant to have tha color skin cause they have too much phosphorus in the cells which means they can handle energy better and eat as much as they want never being over weight

but you said the skin was pale so i dunno, just sounds similar is all

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Does this person match the other characteristics??

Also, this whole thing sounds like mumbo jumbo. If its a mutation, well, where is it? If they know its a mutation then whats it a mutaiton of? I think that they are just saying 'mutation' without really knowing anything about it.

ALso, whats this about a flash of light a thousand years ago??? How the heck'd they know>????

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
im not agreeing with it its just somthing i heard

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Does this person match the other characteristics??

Yes, she matches the characteristics. This is what I was able to find out that corresponds with the description of "Alexandria's Genesis. She has pale skin, well proportioned body
, perfect vision, appears young, rarely gets sick, eats a lot and never gains weight, and one of her grandparents had purple eyes as well.

I will try to find out further info

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
do a few googles on "indigo children"

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekarOfTruth
pale skin, well proportioned body
, perfect vision, appears young, rarely gets sick, eats a lot and never gains weight, and one of her grandparents had purple eyes as well.

But yet she has body hair? Seems that that was the only 'unusual' trait mentioned. Your going to have to take one for the team and find out.

"but baby, its for science! I want to deny ignorance!"

I will try to find out further info

Uma

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hm,

Pale skin, black hair, violet eyes....

Sounds like Elizabeth Taylor to me. She doesn't fit the gains no weight part anymore. She does/did look a lot younger than her age for a long time though. I guess we should cut her some slack as she is almost 80. I've heard that her eyes are startling.

However, the only person I've ever seen with violet eyes was albino.

This "Alexandria's Genesis" sounds like some sort of myth to me. I can believe no body hair, slim etc. but some things, like living to 130+ years and no excrement just doesn't sound possible. Are you sure it is not based on some fantasy/role playing game?

Violet/purple eyes I can totally believe, although I've heard that they are rare.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uma

However, the only person I've ever seen with violet eyes was albino.

www.recoil.co.uk...

is that what you are refferring to? i always thought albinos had blue eyes never new you could have violet eyes

you learn somthing new everyday

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ever hear of FAN FICTION?

Your link even says so...

www.outpost-daria.com...

Character attributes for a role playing race. Oy.

Though I'm not sure why it's being hosted on a Daria Fan Club site, but some folks over at the Steve Jackson Games Forums identifed the loftily named affliction of Alexandria's Genesis
as from Katherine Neville's The Magic Circle.

Now, what other role playing were you and this mysterious girl of magical eyes and instant messages up to? Hmmm?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
lol nice find RANT heh so easy to be misinformed nowadays

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
[edit on 10-10-2005 by SeekarOfTruth]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have Alexandria's Genesis and so is my daughter. You may want to read this:
is there a medical reason for people to have purple eyes? I found one listing, giving a reason, but I can't find anything else. here's the listing I found:

"Alexandria's Genesis," as it has been called since the 1960s, is a genetic mutation generally found in women of Euro-American (a.k.a., Caucasian) descent. This mutation can be traced as far as the Middle Ages in Northern Europe. The first known record of "Alexandria's Genesis" was written in the year CE 1330 (Common Era).
A woman named Alexandria Augustine came into the world on April 29, CE 1329 in London, England. At the time, she appeared to be normal, but her parents soon noticed that her eyes were changing from the blue eyes Alexandria had at birth to the purple eyes she would have by her first birthday. The parents were startled by this dramatic change. They took her to their priest, thinking that a witch did this to their child, and that the priest might be able to ask God to change the eye color back. The priest told the parents that it was not the work of the devil, but a myth come true. This particular priest had heard a story about a race of people who had purple eyes. These humans were thought to have come from Egypt after a mysterious light flashed in the sky during a moonless night thousands of years ago. The purple-eyed humans also had very fair skin, and were thought to be spirits because of their appearance. The so-called "spirit people" eventually went north and vanished without a trace. The priest told her parents not to worry, for they had a special child in their hands and they should take good care of her.
Eventually, Alexandria grew up to be a very beautiful woman, got married, had four children (all four were girls, and all four also had the mutation), never got sick, and died at the age of 150 of natural causes. It is this discovery that helped to name the genetic mutation when the gene was discovered in 1968.
The Characteristics of "Alexandria's Genesis"
The first characteristic of people with "Alexandria's Genesis" is their eye color. When someone is born with this genetic mutation, the eyes are either blue or gray at birth. At six months, the eyes begin their transformation from the original color to purple. This process is completed by the person's first birthday. A second process, where the eye color deepens, starts as soon as the first is completed. This slow process continues until the onset of puberty. By then, the eye will have become a dark purple, a deep purple, a royal purple, or a violet-blue color, and will be that color for the rest of their time. These changes do not affect the person's eyesight, though. If anything, the eyesight is, and remains until death, 20/20.
Speaking of puberty, those who have the mutation will never grow any facial, body, pubic, or anal hair during this stage of growth. In fact, the only hair they will ever have is what is on their heads, in their ears and nose, their eyebrows, and their eyelashes. Women also have an added bonus beyond never having to shave: never buying tampons or pads. It turns out that females born with "Alexandria's Genesis" never menstruate in their lives. They are fertile, however, and can go through the same things that women without the mutation can go through every month. Beyond these differences, those with the mutation go through puberty as normally as everyone else does.
Below are all of the characteristics of "Alexandria's Genesis."
Clear, silver-like purple eyes (after 1st birthday; deepen in color until onset of puberty)
No facial or body hair growth beyond what was already there at birth
Dark brown or blonde hair
Shimmering white skin that resist tanning and burning
Lack of menstruation cycle (in women)
Highly evolved immune system (has been known to resist every disease known to man so far)
Appear 5-20 years younger (after the age of 21, the aging process slows down greatly; it st

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've read several interestng articles about violet eyes recently. In the 1970's McCalls magazine had Elizabeth Taylor on the cover with a beautiful purple as the background. It was startling. She definitely has violet eyes. The article mentioned that the photo had not been enhanced. I doubt if she has Alexandria's because she has gone through some very serious health issues and has been very heavy during her lifetime. Having completed a course in genetics, I think her eyes are a genetic mutation, but nothing so astounding as this mythical anamoly. She is just the recipient of a lucky stroke of fate. By the way, I have read that less than 1% of the earth's population has very unusual eye color, all due to some type of mutation.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by monikahp123

Sorry hon, but I can't believe you. It's word for word of this RPG fan fiction here www.outpost-daria.com...

It's called GOOGLE. All I have to do is type in "Alexandra's Genesis" and BOOM. I found it.

A quote:

"Purple Eyes and Other Interesting Anomalies

If you have read any of the statistics of my Daria-based fan fiction characters or any of my stories about those characters, you will have noticed that three of my characters (Raven, Rebecca, and Zia) have deep purple eyes. It's not because they wear contacts in order to hide their real eye colors. It's because of a genetic mutation called "Alexandria's Genesis." "

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

just because something is in a fanfiction doesn't actually prove at all that it is fiction aswell. a fanfiction could definitely potentially feature a real disorder or anything else real in it and still be a ficticious story, and that shouldn't take away from the reality of the separate thing at all. does this make sense? just because IT is in a fanfic, doesn't mean IT is fiction too.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think it's full of crap. If the 'disorder' was true, it'd be all over the news, or in a medical textbook for reference, which it is not. To tell you the truth, it sounds like simmering primordial soup pot for future Mary-Sues in fanfiction or an rpg...
I've seen people with purple eyes before and they all have a healthy digestive system common to man, but I'm positive they won't age slowly and die well over a hundred. It's merely a very rare eye color that is pleasant to look at.
Science disagrees and so do I.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join