It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will smith going to ozzfest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Will Smith is going to ozzfest. His wife feels that he should. Well its big willie style for all those rockers. Whats everyones opinions on this?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
uhh he's going to the concert or he's going to perform?

esplain lucy

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ooh hes performing...thats it..im going

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe it's just his wife's band, Wicked Wisdom, that's performing - Will Smith may show up in support...

Still...A total shock! lol.....I'm assuming they'll either get kicked off stage with a barrage of steel-toe boots, or they'll get a somewhat receptive response, minus the heads of cabbage being thrown at them....

....I would consider it a welcome addition - A fresh change of pace - I love me some Ozzy, but unfortunately most Ozzy fans I know puke on command when they hear music like that, which has been compared to the likes of Evanesence...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yea, but I still dont think Jada Pinkett Smiths band should play at Ozzfest. My friend is a big metal head and he is pi--- i mean mad.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Who's Evanesence?

Anyways, I really don't care. Concerts are either mosh pits with people going to hospital, or if a rap concert people doing drugs and OD and going to hospital. Concerts suck, they use to be about the bands, the music, now its either "Punch, punch, kick, baseball bat upside head, shotgun blast to back of skull, nuke the crowd" mosh pit or "Puff, puff, snort, snort, shoot up, convulse, shake on ground, OD" rap concert.

Why I liked the Pink Floyd Lazer Concert thing they had, that was cool. Or the Gordon Lightfoot concert, sure I was the youngest fan there(not thee youngest, parents bring little kids, but doubt they fans since most looked like they weren't even potty trained) where you listen to the music, not try to kill each other or do drugs.

Wait, country! Well, having sex with your sister/cousin/grandma/uncle(all the same person, and yes I said uncle) while the banjo plays is strange, and may not be better then a mosh pit or rap concert, but at least it isn't violent.

Or techno! Tech/trance is great, dance to the music, up and atem, atom ant and all that. Not trying to kill each other, not having sex with family members, and not doing drugs, but dancing! See? If you don't want to sit and watch the band the whole time, you don't need to kill each other, have sex with family members, do drugs, but dance!(Or have a seizure, flashing lights not good)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Techno gets my approval. Great music that needs to get popular in the us

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well - First off, I have to totally disagree with you JTL....BUT I used to feel the same way....

I didn't go to my first concert until I was 17....I've seen quite a few major bands play - Tool, Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers...And while I'll admit that the crowd who attended those were a bit different than say...Elton John or The Eagles, They all had an equal mix of people who respected the music and the people around them....

Just b/c I got an occasional whiff of weed when Snoop walked on stage and opened for the Peppers doesn't mean that people were convulsing or shooting up....There is heavy security at these events, ya know....And while I'd love to see Gordon Lightfoot live, something tells me they didn't have quite the same presence of security there....

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Or techno! Tech/trance is great, dance to the music, up and atem, atom ant and all that. Not trying to kill each other, not having sex with family members, and not doing drugs, but dancing! See? If you don't want to sit and watch the band the whole time, you don't need to kill each other, have sex with family members, do drugs, but dance!(Or have a seizure, flashing lights not good)

Techno and trance music are great! But you're very wrong about it being a drug-free genre of music lovers...

I'm sure you're aware of rave parties....Still very much alive...While it would be great to see some of my favorite DJs and groups play live, I'm the exact opposite...THOSE are exactly the types concerts that I, personally, would NOT go to - I'd much rather be forced to drive home with someone who toked up a few hours ago than a whole mob of people tripping and rolling their brains out....

Just my opinion....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yea rave parties arent the most drug free places. Its called ecstasy its the flagship of drugs for rave parties.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think its pathetic to have that smith's wife at ozzfest.

This is what I think...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree
Its gunna be soo embarassing for her when everyone like boos her off stage.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
She was a hipopotamus in the new movie "Madagascar."

I'd never thought I'd say this but there's one thing worse than Evanesence and its an Evanesence wannabe.

This should be interesting. Glad their's no ozzfest in Canada.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ozzfest rules. but i could imagine jada pinkett like up on stage...getting cabbage pitched at her.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
ozzfest rules. but i could imagine jada pinkett like up on stage...getting cabbage pitched at her.

I prefer toilet paper and empty water bottles.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ozzfest? try like empty beer bottles and other sharp objects. Im not sure if theres many water drinkers there.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Try an ICP concert in Detroit, several injuries, two ODs, and the rest mosh pit related.

Also, rave parties? Never been to one, just figured that was something hollywood created for teen movies/anti-drug commercials.

BTW, how do you take acid? Smoke? Snort? or Suppository?(sorry, a friend said you can get a better "buzz" if you take it anally, not sure if that is true, so I doubt smoking it works)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I used to live right next to detroit. In river rouge. I went to a concert for linkin park and cyprus hill. Mosh pits and drug overdoses. Rave parties are real ive done about everything under the sun. Rave parties are just massive techno parties with drugs and alchohol. I have never done ANYTHING anally and i never will. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
BTW, how do you take acid? Smoke? Snort? or Suppository?(sorry, a friend said you can get a better "buzz" if you take it anally, not sure if that is true, so I doubt smoking it works)

Oh yeah...rave parties are real...I've never been to one, but I know a few people into that scene - They're all totally out of their minds...

Not that I've ever done acid, but it's usually in paper form these days....It starts as a liquid though, which is usually measured out by an eye-dropper....They saturate the paper with it and let it dry - Although I've heard of some people actually dropping it directly into their eyes.....

I think it's heroin capsules and ecstasy that can be inserted anally - Just watch the movie Trainspotting and you can pick up on that

:shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh yea, trainspotting was an aweosome movie. I would never do heroine. ecs is good in my book

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
wow they still hold rave parties? LOL

[edit on 6-2-2005 by websurfer]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join