It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
well, im not that bothered if he is fake or not... he has totally changed my opinion on time travel from a once deffinate no, because of if i could kill my grandfather thing ect ect...

to a possibility...

i just hope he isnt correct because he didnt state how people would survive in europe!!

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i thought he said he spent time looking for the 1967 car in his own time. he said it was hard to find. but i may have read it wrong. also the pics could of been takin wiht different cameras. thats what i am getting at. he found the pics on the net and thats why they are diff quality.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
JT says the new capital is in Omaha. It would seem to me that Omaha would be one of the first hit in a nuclear strike, considering the number of ICBMS in the area.

I think Idaho might be a good place to get to. I read an article several months ago about the Libertarian party planning a mass migration to central Idaho. Given the small population, there thinking is that they will have the best chance of fielding candidates state-wide. You can get very secluded, very quickly in Idaho. The whole state is armed to the teeth. Anyone else have thoughts on a good defensive location in the off-chance that civil war becomes a reality?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Satyr shoots straight with " I've yet to find anything that proves it to be a hoax."

Trying to keep the dream alive ... I don't mean to come across as obessed
I kinda believe this guy, but I'm still reserved. Waiting for 2005 or something.

Loki:
The reason you can just can't use Linux on anything is that the kernel has to be rewritten (parts of it) to the specific hardware. You can't just dump C code on anything ... fopen.c, etc., has to be able to interact with the hardware, as do many other libraries.

Springer: + Hmmm bring up real good points.
Since this is all going by the Many Worlds theory, sure "he" wouldn't pop back from the past, but another "he" that would. And here's the kicker, if "he" doesn't pop back than there's some other (probably infinite) world line where "he" did come back it, and the trip was worth it. You never know and you have to at least try.

"
If each world line is separate from the others, then wouldn't the
consequences of your actions now have no effect on your original world line?
Yes, that's correct.
"

So he doesn't care and is going out for the world line where "he" does come back.

About not caring. Humans don't operate logically, but emotionally. He does care and does not care if you (a select group of people) believe him. He wants to get his story out.

"The obvious first answer is that the only world line of consequence is my own and I don't care what happens here. That however, is not the case. I have shown these documents in order that people might consider the possibility. I do not expect people to believe them."

About running to Canada (which I've been thinking of doing for other reasons):
"I've noticed that when most Americans think about Canada in this time,
they think about pine trees, chooks and back-bacon. It may interest you to
know that most Canadians in 2036 are some of the most efficient, ruthless
and dangerous people I know. God help Quebec."

Europe: "17. Yes, Europe is a mess."

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I surprised using JTs history that the US didn't use any of their THEL Lasers

www.defense-update.com...

I'm sure in a war situation the US would go no holds barred.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
JT says the new capital is in Omaha. It would seem to me that Omaha would be one of the first hit in a nuclear strike, considering the number of ICBMS in the area.

I think Idaho might be a good place to get to. I read an article several months ago about the Libertarian party planning a mass migration to central Idaho. Given the small population, there thinking is that they will have the best chance of fielding candidates state-wide. You can get very secluded, very quickly in Idaho. The whole state is armed to the teeth. Anyone else have thoughts on a good defensive location in the off-chance that civil war becomes a reality?

he said something like dont stock up weapons because that will only draw attension higher up...

he said plenty of weapons will be around when needed.. he also said...

most of the nukes used are little ones....

when a place gets nuked.. they can scape up the soil and dump it in places.... you can clean areas up quite effectively if small nukes are used....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
those lasers don't work worth squat. The test they did was rigged. The shell emitted some kind of signal and the laser aimed on that. It was a mechanical test.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
If we take all that he says for the real deal

What I find most interesting is that he can never get back onto his own worldline, it is physically impossible. any worldline he goes back to is within 0.002249 of his original timeline. He explains all reality existence on an infinate amount of worldlines, on one of the worldlines due to infinate possibilities one of his worldlines he will never return on. I find it strange that any person can accept this outcome, that the family he goes back to is not his real own, and that the one he left may never have him return. But I suppose this is why they are made to go through deep psychological training.

John Titor will never visit our Timeline again due to its divergance from his original timeline.

Herein lies the problem with his WHOLE STORY... The guy CAN NEVER GET back to his own reality/"worldline" or whatever...

WHY would ANYBODY send him if they knew he could NEVER return? To what end would they do this?

He said the divergence would be so slight, no one would notice....not even him. In essence, he would be returning to the same worldline. Any slight variance would be completely undetectable.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
how would there be a chance that another john titor that left would go back to his old one? there isnt even a possibility. think of the chance he would have. first of all there are an infinite number of worldlines. that means an infinite number of places to land. therefore the chance of someone landing there would be 1 in an infinity? seems pretty impossible to me

there is a equal amount of him... for each world...
he says some of them would of went insane whilst on the mission and caused paradoxes in worlds ect ect..

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about stockpiling weapons. I have no doubt that guns will be widely available in such a situation.

The point I was trying to make is that the Libertarian party is a possible starting point for a larger movement towards state rights.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i have a question how did they test the machine? i'm sure some dude didnt jump and volunteer for it. but with out a manned test pilot how would the machine get back. (even though its physically possible for it to get back) also good they succeeded huh? or else they could of hurt themselves. maybe in another worldine they didnt succeed and they blew themselves to smitherreens. at least he could never accidently go to that timeline because the readings would be off

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
He said only the engineers that build the 5100 could perform the enhancements. You would think by now that a JT follower would've have at least tried to track down one of these engineers and verify this.

Not quite. He said only the engineers that designed it would know about the capability of it being able to cross Basic and APL, or whatever languages he mentioned. That was supposedly something IBM didn't want people to know about for sales reasons, I gathered. He also said that it required a tweak, but said nothing about needing an engineer to do it, IIRC.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Testing the machine is easy. Attach a program that interfaces with the circuits. make it go back like a couple of minutes. If it worked you'd know
Also you can code it to come right back ifyou want.

-----------------
From UFO City (This guy queried an old IBM programmer for the 5100):

Here is his response:

Hello Mike,

The 5100 did not have a true operating system. Any similarity to one was provided by the �keyboard� code. It also provided for some basic debug things and of course it had its share of �hooks� to do other things. There were two emulators provided, a System 34 emulator for the Basic language, and a System 360 emulator for executing the APL interactive language.

One hook that was never documented for external IBM users was one for launching programs, written in the System 360 machine language, from APL. I personally used this hook for manipulating large arrays because it was faster and reduced memory requirements. APL has a habit of creating multiple copies of a variable while manipulating it.

I believe you may be thinking about the 360 emulator.
Sincerely,

Bob Dubke
eXport Ventures Corporation
Rochester, MN 55901
(XOX) XOX-X0X0
www.export-ventures.com

What that means, I'm not sure. Maybe someone good with computers can explain it all to me. Thanks.

Mazz
Posted on: 2003/8/16 6:59

Re: It's time
OK, what it doesn't answer is whether the 5100 was/is the only device capable of emulating and manipulating APL. He seems to think it was more capable than anything else of higher processing speeds when manipulating this kind of language and that tells me that it is not the only device with the ability to do it.
What we need to know is if there is a system/machine that can do the same job, but better than the 5100 today. If there is, then our friend John has his information wrong, and for someone who comes from the future, you would think he would know that.
Mazz

Anonymous
Posted on: 2003/8/16 7:48

Re: It's time

The key statement is... "One hook that was never documented for external IBM users was one for launching programs, written in the System 360 machine language, from APL."

That's almost exactly what John said. What exactly is it that was never documented?

After reading John's posts, it doesn't appear that APL was the key. It was the ability of the 5100 to translate all the various machine languages that came before it. Is this what a post-nuclear, post-Y2K society would need to bring all those old computers back on-line?

It would be interesting to find out if the Yanks are using old computers to bring the power back up in New England.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

figuring that he is off 1 to 2 percent each time he time travles wouldnt all that percentage add up and wouldnt he get farther and farther away from his own worldline? therefore he eventually return to a timeline where he is not even alive possibly and all the things he described happening in his own timeline where never exsistant. or at least thats what i think.

That's precisely why he had to backtrack to 1975 before he could return to 2036. He explained that very clearly somewhere.
As for the car, if you can time travel, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too tough to get a car of any year in cherry shape. I don't think he mentioned anything about cars being hydro powered or anything. As far as I could tell, their cars were just normal vehicles left over from earlier times. He did say they had few.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
but how does that get him closer to his own timeline? if everytime he uses it gets further and furhter away. also if you put the thing on it to come back to your time it wouldnt cause it wouldnt make its way back there. you might get one that came back with a monkey in it from a differnet worldline

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
As mentioned above, he didn't say anything about the Y2K scare. He only mentioned a 2038 bug, which is real.

Yes... and no. Here... do a thought analysis with me: How many computers controlling critical systems (or any systems) are currently on IBM PC (8088 models) running the IBM version of DOS 2.1?

How much of the world went offline in 2000 because of IBM 8088s running DOS2.1?

That's the approximate number of machines right now that are running the old version of UNIX that will run to the end of their date programs and will reset the time (and no other problems) in 2038.

Although you guys say there's "no holes in his story", others have pointed out some of the very obvious ones. Oh yes... and the "Mysterious Time Travel Device" is actually surplus military equipment from the 1970's. Take it to any gun show and ask folks about it.

Someone will sell you one, and you can tinker with it (hook your own car battery up to it) and confirm for yourself that someone is putting out fancy diagrams and blowing smoke at people who don't bother checking facts.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

the picture with the bending of the laser. i am not very experienced in lasers so i should probably keep my mouth shut.

anyway i thought when you pointed a laser and used it you didnt see the path the laser took only the spot it hit. but in that pic it shows the laser stream actually bending. that could be caused by the magnetic field? i dont know tech mumbo jumbo.

He said it was shining through cigar smoke. Alot of these issues you guys are asking about are covered, if you read enough. I sat there and read almost all of it one night....stayed up till about 4am. LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yes well after finding so many flaws it was hard to retain interest. when he kinda had me i was glued to it but as i began to notice things that didnt make sense i lost interest.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Skimming this ufocity.com boad reveals some very interesting things:

Ohama is like 1 on the "Nuke-Me-List". There's no way it would survive to become the capital of the US.

- One small problem though. If the area was nuked than all the infrastructure would be gone. So if you wanted to build a capital near there (where it doesn't glow), what would you call it? Ohama, Nebraska, even though it wasn't really at the same spot.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Byrd: What you think of critical systems are all gone in 2038, in theory.

Critical systems in a war torn nation would be something like power plants, heavy machinery control units. Critical systems don't neccesarrilly (or usually) have a real OS on them. If I have a whole bunch of hydrolic presses, for crushing things, that I use to feed a entire town that's a critical system.

If any one still thinks there are huge holes re-read this thread and post your questions that aren't answered.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join