It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would like to higlight one section of JT's posts that don't seem to get much attention. He made several statements about food, dairy and Mad Cow.

It's very hard for me to find food here. It all scares the Hell out of me. I've found a couple of local farms where I am reasonably sure the raw food is safe and my mother started a garden for me.

While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food

I am amazed at the risks people here are willing to take with processed food. All of the food I eat here is grown and prepared by my family or myself.

They don't stop you from taking alcohol, tobacco or fast food.

Yes, and people are still dying and a great deal of them are passing from CJD. As I said, with my very first few posts almost 6 months ago, I want to emphasize how devastating this will be. I believe two people are confirmed dead in Colorado from CDJ from surgical instruments. Ahhhh, the power of cheese. Milk does a body good and beef is what's for dinner!

No, I have not tried any fast food. Thinking about where the food came from, how it was shipped and treated absolutely terrifies me. I have tried to tell people about CJD disease and it seems to be "catching on" in Europe."

Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

The "Mad Cow" story here is yet to begin...

I didn't think much about these comments when I first read through JT's post. Then I stumbled upon this article at the National Institute of Discovery Sciences. Take the source as you will. The article suggests a hypothesis for cattle mutilations. They suspect that Alzheimers is widely misdiagnosed and that TSE (Mad Cow) is the "silent killer".

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
hey i am new here and i say this john titor thing on this forum and have read all bout it since.

like eisenhower said he would never get back to his own timeline. therefore he would never reappear as he said he would to the people watching him leave. i find this hard to believe. also he eisenhower he would be off 1 to 2 percent. not the .002 that you stated. figuring that he is off 1 to 2 percent each time he time travles wouldnt all that percentage add up and wouldnt he get farther and farther away from his own worldline? therefore he eventually return to a timeline where he is not even alive possibly and all the things he described happening in his own timeline where never exsistant. or at least thats what i think.

also he kinda contradicts himself in a few areas. if does not care weather we believe him or not why does he post? doesnt make sense. thats like donating money to blind chlidern but you dont care if it gets to them or not.

also if his technology has advanced as much as he says it has why would they need the computer from 1975? and why would unix fail in 2038? couldnt they fix it?

another thing that doesnt seem to make sense to me is where the time machine is located. a 1967 chevy. that means that teh car would be 71 years old. hmmm it looks pretty cherry too. *scratches man beard* why does that car exsist in that time? i'm sure it doenst run off the same fuel that the new cars then do because he says he sells teh car in our time therefore someone would notice the hydrogen fuel system. also how did it survive the civil war and wwIII in such a great shape ?

thats all for now if you see any flaws in my reasoning just tell me i always seem to miss minor details.

later

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I HOPE I got enough m's in!

I see no flaw in anything you posted. Good thinking.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
sorry the grammar is horrible i am not very good in english. you would think you would be an expert in the language spoken in your country?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thank you for re-iterating my point.. It seems to have been completely OVERLOOKED by the supporters of this farse up 'till now... It makes NO SENSE to epend resources and talent (especially when you consider the LOW amount of each after nuclear holocaust and civil war) on an operation with NO CHANCE of reaping the rewards...

Thanks man.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
the picture with the bending of the laser. i am not very experienced in lasers so i should probably keep my mouth shut.

anyway i thought when you pointed a laser and used it you didnt see the path the laser took only the spot it hit. but in that pic it shows the laser stream actually bending. that could be caused by the magnetic field? i dont know tech mumbo jumbo.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Though I am very skeptical of this whole thing, I have to point out that YES, you can see a laser's path between origination and destination.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i knew i should of been quiet bout something i wasnt sure in. o well :\

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
"The President or �leader� in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights."

Who would further drive a 'wedge' into the Bill of Rights? Trying to be Lincoln (sounds like a God complex) Sounds like Bush to me, though I guess it could either way with a John Kerry, etc.

edit- Also www.anomalies.net... gives an answer to my county 2000 map question. It's the country folk fighting the city folk. The guy also says a lot of non-white folks will die, too.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

yes, i read Bush as being the prez he's talking about for 2005... however, it should be noted that J-T thought of that prez as a good guy who failed, whereas the Prez who comes in with the 2008 elections is the real bad guy. Also, notice how J-T refers to various individuals as 'he' -- the Farmer General, for instance -- but the Prez who wins in 2008 is described with the "he/she" catch-all. Hello... Hillary Clinton?

This is how I read his story (which I don't believe, but still want to dissect):

Bush is the president in 2005. he tries to hold the country together, but is also endangering civil rights due to the war in terror. J-T sees him as an almost Lear-esque character.
Hillary Clinton wins the 2008 election... Meanwhile, between 2005 and 2008, there has been domestic turmoil that has been steadily increasing.

After this 'last' election, the civil diviosn becomes more apparent. The 'United States of America' is a collection of urban areas that support the Democrats, while a sort of 'Confederacy' exists outside of the cities. The 'USA' controls the US military and fights the militias of the 'confederacy'.

In 2015 (didn't he, jokingly, allude to March?), Russia nukes the cities aligned with the 'USA', thus giving victory to J-T's militia confederacy.

Now, besides the question of whether or not this is real--- one must ask, "if it is real, is J-T necessarily informed as to the truth?" That is, has his view of history been tainted by propaganda? It almost sounds as if a 'Cultural Revolution' has been undertaken in his time.

I'm not saying that this is, necessarily, a war between Dems and Repubs... as J-T seems to have libertarian and communist beliefs... But his statements about states rights, gun ownership, fertility issues, and other things would seem to indicate that his faction developed out of the Republican party.

Anyways.. no, I don't believe it's real.. but it is so interesting that it's worth talking about... if only from a 'literary' standpoint.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
the picture with the bending of the laser. i am not very experienced in lasers so i should probably keep my mouth shut.

anyway i thought when you pointed a laser and used it you didnt see the path the laser took only the spot it hit. but in that pic it shows the laser stream actually bending. that could be caused by the magnetic field? i dont know tech mumbo jumbo.

It is explained that his instructors cigar smoke is making the laser visible, that is why there are gaps in the lasers beam because the smoke isn't everywhere on the beam.

I find it pretty ballsy of JT to give pictures seeing how they can easily be faked and shown to be a fake.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
yes my friend explained that there had to be some particles reflecting the laser light for you to see it its just the quality of the photo is kinda low.

and that brings up one more point. not a strong one but still. why is that photo's quality so low and the one of the actuall machine sitting in his car so much better?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Thank you for re-iterating my point.. It seems to have been completely OVERLOOKED by the supporters of this farse up 'till now... It makes NO SENSE to epend resources and talent (especially when you consider the LOW amount of each after nuclear holocaust and civil war) on an operation with NO CHANCE of reaping the rewards...

Thanks man.

PEACE...
m...

Yes but the chance is that another John Titor who had been sent on that mission will return in his place due to the fact of infinite possibilities, John Titor has already answered questions on this subject but I can't find where at the moment.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
how would there be a chance that another john titor that left would go back to his old one? there isnt even a possibility. think of the chance he would have. first of all there are an infinite number of worldlines. that means an infinite number of places to land. therefore the chance of someone landing there would be 1 in an infinity? seems pretty impossible to me

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
how would there be a chance that another john titor that left would go back to his old one? there isnt even a possibility. think of the chance he would have. first of all there are an infinite number of worldlines. that means an infinite number of places to land. therefore the chance of someone landing there would be 1 in an infinity? seems pretty impossible to me

The reality of infinite possibilities is rather difficult to get a grip on and if it were not for the math, I would delegate it to the realm of religion. I like to think of it as standing in a room with mirrors on all the walls. I can look to my right and left and see many "mes" all doing exactly the same thing. If we all took a step to our right and passed through a dimensional doorway to the next mirrored room, it would be very difficult to tell if anything had changed. In that sense, there are an infinite number of worldlines waiting for me to return with the computer. If I can get to one of them, I have completed my mission.

It would seem then that another time traveler that looks like you could arrive on your worldline of origin with another IBM computer and no one would know the difference.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
but there is no garuntee taht one would come back that was him. for example he doesnt exist on all of the worldlines therefore limiting his ability to use him as an infinite. also its a chance there is a chance that no one will coem to his timeline that he left. there is also a chance he will go to a timeline where another one of him has also come back to. you think people in the future who invented these machines would think of such a thing. therefore these people will never see there family again when they leave. and when they go to the different worldline there would be a difference there. every time he travels its 1 to 2 percent therefore he it would get more and more. therefore he would get further and further away from his own. i am sure someone who doesnt like to be more than 100 miles from thier parents would leave them for good.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just let me comment something interesting... I am working on Mac OS X and it's a UNIX operating system and I tried setting date to year 2038 and it wont work

Scary indeed! However, it can all be easily hoax.
He presented theory that once you travel time you enter different worldline, or continuum.

AFAIK that is impossible and not true, when you would travel you would travel in different place of time in present continuum because every one of us is "out of phase" from other pople for 1/trillion of picosecond or something like that because when we travel with airplane time on earth was slower than on airplane (measured in experiment with atomic clock).

But airplane did not disappear into another continuum or anything like that (which could show there are no paralles universes or continuums)... That could mean his story is hoax.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
think of this. if you can look up something on the internet about what he said then so could of he to put it on there. i'm not saying he wasnt a very intelligent person but who knows

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
still its very very interesting like i said, i guess we will all have to wait... maybe if some of it happens maybe we will find out...

i know one thing, before i read that webpage i thought time travel was impossible because of the implications it has but when you think about the worldtime infinity thing... it makes sence... sure if it was real he as in this version of him will never get to his and in this versions of his world. but another version of him will get back to his world with exacally the same knowledge and he we go to a world extremely similier...

i thought the facinating thing was the fact he said movies and music might be slightly different in his timeworld....

and the fact he ackknowledge alot of arkward questions such as...

if you was to time travel youd end up in space because space is expaning ect ect...

i thought that was very cleaver...

so yeah its a very very very cleaverly put together hoax if it is one... the bizzare thing is...

alot of people have had similier story's recently and alot of weird stuff has been happening...

so even if what this guy says never happens... he has changed one of my views in life ... i now belive time travel is possible... but it has thw world time factor... you could cause a collapse of the universe in your time or anybody esles timeline. but it doesnt matter because there are infinate universes....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
still its very very interesting like i said, i guess we will all have to wait... maybe if some of it happens maybe we will find out...

i know one thing, before i read that webpage i thought time travel was impossible because of the implications it has but when you think about the worldtime infinity thing... it makes sence... sure if it was real he as in this version of him will never get to his and in this versions of his world. but another version of him will get back to his world with exacally the same knowledge and he we go to a world extremely similier...

i thought the facinating thing was the fact he said movies and music might be slightly different in his timeworld....

and the fact he ackknowledge alot of arkward questions such as...

if you was to time travel youd end up in space because space is expaning ect ect...

i thought that was very cleaver...

so yeah its a very very very cleaverly put together hoax if it is one... the bizzare thing is...

alot of people have had similier story's recently and alot of weird stuff has been happening...

so even if what this guy says never happens... he has changed one of my views in life ... i now belive time travel is possible... but it has thw world time factor... you could cause a collapse of the universe in your time or anybody esles timeline. but it doesnt matter because there are infinate universes....

Join the club
Even if it is a hoax, he has proven that Time Travel is theoretically possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"a 1967 chevy. that means that teh car would be 71 years old. hmmm it looks pretty cherry too. *scratches man beard* why does that car exsist in that time? i'm sure it doenst run off the same fuel that the new cars then do because he says he sells teh car in our time therefore someone would notice the hydrogen fuel system. also how did it survive the civil war and wwIII in such a great shape ?"

Doesn't he say he switches vehicles with each trip? He said he's taking back a 87' AWD.

"but the Prez who wins in 2008 is described with the "he/she" catch-all."

Condi Rice could fit that description too.

"and that brings up one more point. not a strong one but still. why is that photo's quality so low and the one of the actuall machine sitting in his car so much better? "

Looks like a disposable camera with the laser shot taken in poor light and the car shots have better light. They could've easily been staged.

"Just let me comment something interesting... I am working on Mac OS X and it's a UNIX operating system and I tried setting date to year 2038 and it wont work."

Thanks for the info. I've got an old box i'm going to put linux on and start playing with it.

"still its very very interesting like i said, i guess we will all have to wait... maybe if some of it happens maybe we will find out..."

i agree, the only way to know is to wait. until then, did you or anyone read my mad cow post? I know NIDS is not CERN but I think their hypothesis makes sense and it adds some validity to JT story. If you're going to pose as a TTer, why make all those references to food unless it was a serious problem?

As far as the TT. Well I have taken several classes in astronomy from a prof in astrophysics at the local university. He's known on campus as "Dr. Dark Matter". I intend to buy him a LARGE cup of coffee and pick his brain on the subject. i simply don't have the background to even begin the debunk/prove TT.

if anything, i think it all reads better than the best science fiction. MHO.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by kukla]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join