It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Undead]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
levis 501 thanks for posting this. I heard the story a year ago and laughed at it. But this is very interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PYX
Some states are already sneaking around and trying to find an easy way to secede from the country.

You have any links on this? We need to keep fact from fiction if were really going to analyze this thing.

I have recently reviewed everything on JT. This post was my first hearing of him.

What you must keep in mind is that almost everything he said about future events has been speculated on before. It is therefore, VERY plausible that is a well conconcted hoax.

With one exception; the 5100's ability to translate old IBM system language. That would seem verifiable, but I haven't seen anyone trying to verify it...?

In regards to the t_time flipover...that does appear to be a serious problem. I approach like this though..The time to replace most 16bit systems with 32bits systems has been no longer than 20 years. It would seem plausible that a total 64bit switch can be completed prior to 2038. Would really like to hear some programmers input on this 2038...!

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If we take all that he says for the real deal, he says 3 billion people will die in the War, now this might be an inexact number. A bit of a fishermans tale, so perhaps all these people will not die.

He also said his presence in our world line already makes it different from his because we now have knowledge his worldline didn't, this makes it possible to avoid any major genocide. He even says that we can change our future..

This guy is also very wise, when he came here into being he knew people were not going to believe in his story, and he tells everyone that skepticism is a good thing to have because then you can quetion what is right and wrong.

I used to be a short time Drama student, and in our classes we taught about characterisation and what makes a personnality and were taught to distinguish different types. When reading what John Titor writes, especially the Anomalies.com chat conversation you can really see and build up his character in your head. I can honestly say he is nothing that I can relate to, meaning that his own personnality is a world apart to what I have seen before. But there are traits in his personnality that I can see in all of us showing he still has been bought up in the 21st centuary.

He speaks with the knowledge of a traveller but not of someone who has killed, but I suppose this may have something to do with his societies acceptance of death.

What I find most interesting is that he can never get back onto his own worldline, it is physically impossible. any worldline he goes back to is within 0.002249 of his original timeline. He explains all reality existance on an infinate amount of worldlines, on one of the worldlines due to infinate possibilities one of his worldlines he will never return on. I find it strange that any person can accept this outcome, that the family he goes back to is not his real own, and that the one he left may never have him return. But I suppose this is why they are made to go through deep psychological training.

John Titor will never visit our Timeline again due to its divergance from his original timeline.

Can I also say that what John Titor says about time travel is pretty flawless. The reason it works is because of the Multiverse theory, if we lived only in a Universe on one worldline then it is technically impossible that time travel is possible because anything you do in the past destroys your own future, therefore you never existed so therefore you could not change the past, so therefore you did not change the future ... therefore it could not work, see what I am getting at?

I would like to believe this guy is real, and evidence supports him, I'd like people to try and debunk his story.

But it's more probable that he was just a very wise man who was very knowledgable in the field of time travel.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i am reading that website johntitor.com... it is highly interesting

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower

I would like to believe this guy is real, and evidence supports him, I'd like people to try and debunk his story.

But it's more probable that he was just a very wise man who was very knowledgable in the field of time travel.

I second that. Nice post.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Once I started reading I couldn't stop and have now finished reading all of his posts, I really want to believe he is real. At first I was so skeptical but reading through the posts my opinion completely U-turned.

And to think I exist in another Unierse. Wow I wonder what happened to me!

PYX

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Kukla-

Hey there, how are ya?

Now, consider the source, mind you-here are the links of what I was talking about:

groups.yahoo.com...

www.rumormillnews.com...

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the links PYX. I�m good, thanks for asking.

Yeah Hawaii would definitely be the first the first state. Succession runs strong there, especially the big island. As far as the Pacific Northwest succeeding... well there�s actually an excellent book about this possibility. I encourage all to read. Ecotopia by Ernest Callenbach. The Cascadia Party is also working towards succession. But their numbers are REALLY small. I have to say I like the way they think.

www.angelfire.com...

JT makes a very good point of highlighting the 2000 county-by-county map. Its quite striking.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
kukla - could you explain that point to me, about 2000 county map.
"
Are some areas of the United States safer than others?

(42) Take a close look at the county-by-county voting map from the last elections
"
Does that say that areas where gore was elected are safer?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think Mr. John here may be pulling our legs. It's not hard to do what he was supposedly sent to do. Linux is free. Go to the website, DL, put it on some sort of portable storage, leave. Don't speak to the locals, it could change history, blah blah, tear fabric of space time, blah blah, done.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you do happen to find this interesting, check out the "OTHER JOHN TITOR WEB LINKS". They have links to the original forums he posted in. There are quite a few people who obsess over this man's claims and go on to investigate his machine, and several other aspects of his story. There are also posts by the people he was close friends with, before he disappeared. I read quite a bit of it. There are some peculiarities, but nothing to completely debunk his story. The oddness of this man's style and character are what strikes me as most fascinating. If it is a hoax, it's almost as fascinating as if it isn't.
I've found that it's one of those things that people either want to believe, or not. For some, just the geiger counter (in one picture) appearing to be an old vacuum tube model is enough for them. But, if you had a time machine (capable of bringing back devices form any time), and there was also a nuclear war that most likely destroyed most technology and production, why would that be strange at all? It's tough for me to believe that he could string people along for such a long period of time, without screwing up somewhere. I'm quite confident that I could reveal any hoax of the type with a series of questions designed to trap them into contradicting themselves.

Loki, nothing you just said makes any sense, if you read the story.

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Satyr]

PYX

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I can't help feeling that if Bush gets re-elected(Please, sweet Jesus, no!), that there may be a bigger push in some of these states to get the hell outta dodge, if you know what I mean. Time will tell, I guess, whether this really amounts to a hill of beans or not.

Thanks for the tip on the book, btw. I think I may look in to it.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by PYX]

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
that was a very interesting read....

so things to look out for...

more waco type incidents, one of the pyramids being serverly dammaged anytime 2004-2030

didnt he say by 2008 fighting will pretty much be at everybodys door...

alot of stuff he said highly corrilates to guess what... nostradamus... now i know that sounds silly...

but it does my 1975 book allmost everything he said matches the future events predicted in my 1975 nostradamus book..

as for beliving him or nostradamus... im high skeptical... i belive its tottally possible though... guess we will have to wait for a few months its allmost 2004 now...

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
If we take all that he says for the real deal

What I find most interesting is that he can never get back onto his own worldline, it is physically impossible. any worldline he goes back to is within 0.002249 of his original timeline. He explains all reality existance on an infinate amount of worldlines, on one of the worldlines due to infinate possibilities one of his worldlines he will never return on. I find it strange that any person can accept this outcome, that the family he goes back to is not his real own, and that the one he left may never have him return. But I suppose this is why they are made to go through deep psychological training.

John Titor will never visit our Timeline again due to its divergance from his original timeline.

Herein lies the problem with his WHOLE STORY... The guy CAN NEVER GET back to his own reality/"worldline" or whatever...

WHY would ANYBODY send him if they knew he could NEVER return? To what end would they do this?

I his own words, "My employers would never come looking for me to their perspective I am only gone a second"...

Then, in an attempt to gain psychological sympathy, he runs us through the inability to get back to his own worldline.

He can't have it both ways... Either, the whole "infinite worldline" deal is B.S. OR he NEVER RETURNS to his employers with the computer they so desperately need.

That "second" he is away and then reappears NEVER happens according to his, own theories...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
kukla - could you explain that point to me, about 2000 county map.
"
Are some areas of the United States safer than others?

(42) Take a close look at the county-by-county voting map from the last elections
"
Does that say that areas where gore was elected are safer?

The map highlights the urban islands that went gore and the rest of the country, rural to moderately rural is bush. In a civil war situation..I'm not sure I want to be predicting where it would be safer....Alaska? Puerto Rico? I'd probably head for Canada or maybe Costa Rica..

The fact is, most states WERE giving much more to the Federal gov't during the 90's than they were receiving. That's all reversed since the recession. The net has swung towards the states. That might change once the deficit starts catching up with us. And...the issues DO seem to be much more divisive and polarizing than I ever remember.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
�You have any links on this?�

That was in relation to PYX's comment on succession. Thanks for the links though.

RE: 5100. He also hinted that it had other utilities that were only available through enhancements. This is where I say we have something that can be verified. He said only the engineers that build the 5100 could perform the enhancements. You would think by now that a JT follower would've have at least tried to track down one of these engineers and verify this.

Y2K and 2038 are different problems. 2038 has inherent physical and code problems, whereas Y2K was a code problem that had workarounds. But the way I read 2038, any legacy systems needed to continue running Unix in its current form WILL require 64-bit arc hardware....That requires much more effort.

With this air tight of a story, why make props and fake diagrams?

A good question. But those diagrams could be from a device that exists today that is not recognizeable to a civilian. Same goes for the pictures.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"The President or �leader� in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights."

Who would further drive a 'wedge' into the Bill of Rights? Trying to be Lincoln (sounds like a God complex) Sounds like Bush to me, though I guess it could either way with a John Kerry, etc.

edit- Also www.anomalies.net... gives an answer to my county 2000 map question. It's the country folk fighting the city folk. The guy also says a lot of non-white folks will die, too.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join