It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Rapture !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I would think that the rapture is the way to go, Becauses the Bible says that things will get so bad here that Jesus will have to shoten the daylight hours so that all Humanity will not be all destroyed..

That sounds like a place you will not want to be....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Shorten daylight hours
what are you talkin about?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
darby, it won't be just DAYLIGHT hours...the ENTIRE day will be shortened by 1/3 or else no one would survive His wrath.

And apoc, you have scripture in your signature, but you have no idea what darby is talking about? I think you should pick up your Bible again.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sorry I'm only 15 I have only read through about the first 3 books but I have researched a lot of the bible.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If you want to learn about it, here is a good place to read

End Time Prophecy Studies

You will find several there that talk about the rapture.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Mad props to ECK and dbrandt...I'm with ya' all the way.
See ya' there

Yes we will.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
Sorry I'm only 15 I have only read through about the first 3 books but I have researched a lot of the bible.

Ah grasshoppa.. you can be sure of one thing... studying the scriptures is a lifelong exercise. One can never learn too much about it. It constantly speaks to those who listen...

Good luck with your studies.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Even if there is a rapture we dont know what time it will be like pre-tri,mid-trib,post-trib.

Yes I know east coast "kid" I have some more studying and reading to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
Yes I know east coast "kid" I have some more studying and reading to do.

We all do.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
darby, it won't be just DAYLIGHT hours...the ENTIRE day will be shortened by 1/3 or else no one would survive His wrath.

And apoc, you have scripture in your signature, but you have no idea what darby is talking about? I think you should pick up your Bible again.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by BadMojo] [/quote]

Your right, I gress I was thinking that there would not much going on in the dark, with no lights and such...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
By the way, the "rapture" will happen on the Day of the Lord, which is post-trib...in case you were wondering.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfdarby
Rapture !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I would think that the rapture is the way to go, Becauses the Bible says that things will get so bad here that Jesus will have to shoten the daylight hours so that all Humanity will not be all destroyed..

This is talking about stopping things. Not shortening the day light or speeding the day to 10 hours or something.

Look at these

Psa 89:45 The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.

Psa 102:23 He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days.

Pro 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

When the bible says shortened in this sense, it means fewer days, not fewer hours in a day.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The bible never uses the word rapture. Someone please show me were in the bible it specically states that live human beings will be taken up into heaven?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The following is a quote from a post in this very thread.
After 4 or 5 threads about the rapture, I thought this was common knowledge by now.

Originally posted by darkelf
The word rapture comes from the Latin word rapturo which is a translation of the Greek word aJrpavzw Transliterated word Harpazo.

Definition:
1. to seize, carry off by force
2. to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
3. to snatch out or away

1 Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

When God destroyed the world with water, Noah and his family were spared from His wrath. When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot and his family were spared from His wrath.

Christians who believe that the rapture will take place before the Great Tribulation, believe that we will be caught up and spared from His wrath.

Maranatha

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
there's more than one verse that tells of the rapture and that it is before the tribulation.

2 Thessalonians ch. 2
Luke 21:36
Acts 14:14-17
Matthew 16:18 (the rock is that Christ is the savior)
Matthew 24:22, 24, 42, 44
Mark 13:20
Luke 21:28
Revelation 3:10

Colossians 3:12 & Revelation 1:5-6, 3:8, 4:1, 4:4, 5:8-10(all in conjunction together)
Romans 5:9
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
1 Thessalonians 3:13
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
1 Thessalonians 1:6-10
1 Thessalonians 5:4,9 -11
Titus 2:13
Jude vs. 14
Isaiah 57:1
Isaiah 26:20-21

Take your Strong's and look up escape from Luke 21:36 and residue from Acts 14:14-17.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Rapture !!!!!!!!!!!

This is talking about stopping things. Not shortening the day light or speeding the day to 10 hours or something.

Look at these

Psa 89:45 The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.

Psa 102:23 He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days.

Pro 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

When the bible says shortened in this sense, it means fewer days, not fewer hours in a day.

Ok i'm open to that Ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Rapture !!!!!!!!!!!

but are you open to this????

Rev 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Is five months the number of days?

Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

5 X 30 = 150

What do you think???

[edit on 6/5/2005 by curtisthebull]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curtisthebull

Rapture !!!!!!!!!!!

but are you open to this????

Rev 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Is five months the number of days?

Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

5 X 30 = 150

What do you think???

Very Good, As you go you will see several times when God used the number 5 and 7,, I guess those are hie lucky numbers..

Mans Number is 6, between Gods lucky Numbers HA HA

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Mans Number is 6, between Gods lucky Numbers HA HA

So, if man's number is 6, what about 666??

The 6th seal
The 6th trump
The 6th vial

How much more are we being told here?

But....back on topic...

2Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So if I read this correctly, there is no pretribulation gathering back to Christ.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Revelation 3:10
1 Thes 1:9-10
1 Thes 5:9
2 Thes 2:6-7

Why a PRE trib rapture

EDIT: Just noticed dbrandt had this covered already. Great post dbrant!

I never noticed that 150 days thing before. Thanks for pointing that out!

[edit on 6-6-2005 by jake1997]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join