It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Depression in JULY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow I never trust the tabloids but i read one that stated we are on the verge of a second great depression. The article said an "inside" source informed them that a report was done on the united states current financial situation. The person who wrote the report usually has good news about these things but this time she noted that theres a 400 billion dollar deficit and that a depression is imminent. Thats where the sane rational writing ended in the article because all that was talked about after that was people resorting to eating there relatives dead bodies and how insane the world would be. It kinda sounded like they were predicting the world will turn out like that movie mad max. A bunch of mad road raiders lol.

Any way I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this? If so is it really possible for a depression to strike us this july? That would suck my birthday is in july. I can't remember the name of the tabloid but i'll repost it later tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I never trust the tabloids

That's the most informative thing you posted....using a tabloid as a source won't get you anywhere.,

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That would suck my birthday is in july.

I think the idea of people digging up the dead and eating them is a lot worse than you not getting a good birthday present!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
Wow I never trust the tabloids but...

You said that, but...

The person who wrote the report usually has good news about these things but this time...

So if you "never" read the tabloids, then how do you know what the person usually writes like?

Also, since when have tabloids been credible sources? Not as far as I can think of. Aside from that though, a depression could occur at anytime depending on the right conditions. Are the conditions right about now? No, I don't think so.

TPL

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Theres been a few murmuring though.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just as I suspected LOL

Here is the link to the story:

www.weeklyworldnews.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are James Carville & Bat Boy related?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Since you mostly got ridiculing responses due to the source I'll point you to this thread for more information on your question. The economy has not been in good shape for some time and is getting worse IMO.

OIL: Conditions are Ripe for another Great Depression

Closing this one.

top topics

join