It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vs. U.S.

page: 1

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
I think a lot of us know that the US and NK dont have the best relationship. I personally thing that the whole nuclear crisis thing is whats going to fuel the continuation of the Korean War. Im just wondering what is everyones take on how it will happen. Personally I see a huge air campaign making shock and awe look like childs play. Then depending on how desperate Kim is there will be a nuke or two launched, resulting in a limited nuclear exchange. Whats everyone elses opinion?

*title change as requested*

[edit on 1-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:49 PM
wow i put a wrong title my bad the name of this thread is actually NK vs US

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
There is no contest between the two in a conflict. No big surprise there.

We have to assume that for such a conflict to have begun, North Korea has at some point in the future stepped way over the line. It will not be a case of 'you haven't abided by the sanctions' as with Iraq.

North Korea will for all intents cease to exist, it's already near starved population will be pushed right into the abyss, when there are no more functioning dams, power plants, industries.... etc.

Prior to their demise however, the North Koreans will have of course lashed out with whatever they have, and the unlucky surrounding nations will take the brunt.

It will be very ugly.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:45 PM
Yes, I think that this situation will require a big push and that push might be the sanctions imposed by the US and the UN. This will cause NK's infrastructure, which is already crap to be even worse. That step might cause Kim to get desperate and try to retake the south. Before that happens I see NK trying to use some nukes.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:54 PM
if he wants to take the south he wont nuke it which ould make it useless for his needs, he could aim it at japan or plant one in china blaming the taiwanese or americans while they are duking it out thats when Kim will order his invasion threw his mega tunnel system and spy ring.

All the while the South korean people dont know what hit them because the news hardly ever makes NK seem as evil as it could.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:25 PM
Depends on how hard the US fights back. We might take them down and if we do then Kim might get desperate.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM

We would b screwed.

Y? We got troops in Iraq, Afthganastan, and other places, so there is no way we could win. We would need our allies to help[ya'll r going 2 say something about that, right? lol]. Other wise, no matter what stratigy we use, we can't win alone.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
If push comes to shove we know who has the most toys (nukes) and we know that ultimately the answer to the question, "Who won", won't make a hell of a lot of difference to the tens of thousands (millions?) who end up dead in Asia, including: Japan, South Korea, etc. Who knows, if we get into a nuclear exchange with NK, maybe China will join in and then Russia and India and all the other nuke-friendly countries in the world can have a high old time blowing the rest of us and each other to kingdom-come. Wouldn't that be fun!!

Here's a link to a news story I posted to the site earlier today. I tell ya, folks, it just keeps getting scarrier and scarrier, all the time.

new topics

top topics