It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Babylonians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A secret brotherhood of racists? The story of Babylon is summarized by the following: Genesis chapter 11. One Race, One Langauge, one belief, dominated the world and the people of ancient babylon. They built a tower to connect to the heavens. God didn't like it because their intentions were not genuine and he knew it. He scattered these men to the four corners of the Earth and gave them different tongues and different races because God said that if they one of one people anything they set forth to their mind they'd accomplish. That is how the word Babel' came, confused tongues.

Could it be possible that these men have carried their message through the times and resurface in the Ango-saxon race? The white man is all about racism isn't he? Could the pyrimid on the dollar represent Babylon's tower? Could the all seeing eye symbolize One race, one religion, one language? The bible still claims that Babylon has to fall. The disapearance of Babylon is still to this day the most mysterious stories in the bible.

What is their ultimate goal? Rebuild Babylon. (NWO) create one race by anniahlating every other, and just as god claimed, if they were of one, they could accomplish anything. Including crossing over to God's plane of existance.

I know this all sounds hard to grasp, but if you look back at the history of white man, he has never showed any love for other races, but for what reason? (*Slavery, *Indians, *Apartreid, *Blacks, *Muslims, etc...).

[edit on 1-6-2005 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Once again, the white man is the source of all evil and conflict in the world.

Every civilization had it's form of slavery. It was not invented by the white man.

Babylon: was a very interesting society. Instead of using the Bible as a historical resource, why don't we look at some of the science that came out of Babylon, and eventually made it's way to the West:

It was from Babylon that the Greeks brought to their city-states and then to Rome and ultimately us, the foundations of mathematics, astronomy, medicine, grammar, lexicography, archeology, history, and philosophy. The Greek names for the metals and constellations, for weights and measures, for musical instruments, and many drugs, are translations -- and often, just transliterations -- of Babylonian terms

Source

The Babylonians were an interesting empire. Instead of condemning them (as the Romans are condemned by Christianity), research them. You might even find them interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I know this all sounds hard to grasp, but if you look back at the history of white man, he has never showed any love for other races, but for what reason? (*Slavery, *Indians, *Apartreid, *Blacks, *Muslims, etc...).

It is more likely that the persons referred to in the story of Babylon were from the Middle East.

Those things you mentioned to support your theory are not exclusive to the whites.
Arabs and Asians have engaged in the same practicies.

In fact, the number of Europeans taken to Africa as slaves is higher than the number of Africans taken to the US as slaves.

Discovery Channel

In his new book, "Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery In The Mediterranean, The Barbary Coast, And Italy, 1500-1800," Davis concluded that between 1 million and 1.25 million ended up in bondage.

"About 95 percent of slaves were males, and were often used as oarsmen in the pirates' galleys. Ruling pashas put the slaves in overcrowded "baths" called bagnes, and used them for hard labor in quarries, construction work and cutting trees," Davis said.

In the absence of written records such as custom forms, the historian developed a new methodology to calculate the number of white Christians who were enslaved along Africa's Barbary Coast.

Using the best records available indicating how many slaves were at a particular location at a single time, Davis estimated how many new slaves it would take to replace slaves as they died, escaped or were ransomed.

It emerged that about one-fourth of slaves had to be replaced each year to keep the slave population stable. That meant about 8,500 new slaves had to be captured each year. Overall, this suggests that between 1530 and 1780 the number of slaves ranged between 1 million and 1.25 million.

"One of the things that both the public and many scholars have tended to take as given is that slavery was always racial in nature. But that is not true. We cannot think of slavery as something that only white people did to black people," David said.

During the time period Davis studied, it was religion and ethnicity, as much as race, that determined who became slaves.

According to the historian, slavery in North Africa has been largely ignored or minimized because scholars preferred to treat Europeans as "evil colonialists" rather than as victims. Indeed, countries that were victims of slavery, such as France and Spain, would later colonize the areas in North Africa where their citizens were once held in bondage.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
In fact, the number of Europeans taken to Africa as slaves is higher than the number of Africans taken to the US as slaves.

What do you base this opinion on.It's estimated that between 10 & 15 million Africans were brought to the west as slaves and given that only about half of them survived the abomination of the Middle Passage around 30 MILLION of my people,my ancestors included were taken into bondage during the African Holocaust.

[edit on 2/6/2005 by Ras Dedan]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Didn't the Babylonians get soundly defeated by the Persians? Who then went on to free the Israelites and also heped them to rebuild their temples and replace the stolen sacred items.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ras Dedan

What do you base this opinion on.It's estimated that between 10 & 15 million Africans were brought to the west as slaves and given that only about half of them survived the abomination of the Middle Passage around 30 MILLION of my people,my ancestors included were taken into bondage during the African Holocaust.

lets not forget that it was black peoples that SOLD other black peoples into slavery. in fact it was blacks who started black slavery by selling those that they felt inferior to the dutch.

also as far as i know EVERY group, or race of people committed the same acts. lets not blame only whites for what happened. it is HUMANS not "white man" that suffer from "a lack of love for other races". like it or not white people are not the EVIL ones in the world. that fault lies within ALL humans. in fact it seems to be a part of our very nature to hate those that we see as differant from ourselves. it dosn't have to be race, colour or religion that it is based upon, it is ANY that we see as differant from ourselves, be they gasses wearing "four eyes", or even someone we may see as inferior to ourselves, or even better than ourselves. it is not a failing belonging to any one group, but it belongs to all groups in equil measure. infact the very fact that some see whites as being the problem only shows raceisim on their behalf.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The 30 million death figure you quote for the "African Holocost" is, of course, a fraud, as is the assertion of activists that "sharks still follow ships in the middle passage looking for people to be thrown overboard."

cobalt.lang.osaka-u.ac.jp...

Maybe the white devil is responsible for all the pain and suffering going on in the world today, but looking at Darfur and what Mugabe is doing to whites and blacks alike today in Zimbabwe, you have a long way to go to make the argument.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ras Dedan

I got that figure from the site below:

www.innercity.org...

Although the number of African American slaves grew slowly at first, by the 1680s they had become essential to the economy of Virginia. During the 17th and 18th centuries, African American slaves lived in all of England’s North American colonies. Before Great Britain prohibited its subjects from participating in the slave trade, between 600,000 and 650,000 Africans had been forcibly transported to North America. ("Immigration," Microsoft Encarta 98 Encyclopedia. Microsoft Corporation.)

Perhaps when I said 'the Americas' I was incorrect as that site says North America. If you count persons sent to other area it may be higher. Just out of curiosity though, had you ever hear of Europeans being taken to Africa as slaves prior to it's mention in this thread?
I only ask because many people have not heard of it.

(this should probably be a seperate thread)

EDIT:
BTW, I wasn't sure what the figures where prior to my post that I made yesterday. If you have other figures that contradict what I posted, please feel free to provide sources as I'm always ready to learn.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sorry to AnAbsoluteCreation for your thread getting hijacked but I've got to answer,and also in a way this is about modern day Babylon System.We in the Rastafari Movement look on slavery as an equivellent to the Babylonian Captivity in the Bible,one of the songs we sings is Psalm 137 "By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion(Africa)".

some good points raised but Realist05's reply is beyond belief,ok here we go.

drogo-I was not blaming any race just stating the scale of the Western Slave Trade,I'm well aware that Africans were involved,the Ashanti in Ghana for example sold war captives to Europeans and they were not alone in selling fellow Africans,as for white men alone lacking love for other nations this obviously untrue but it's undisputable that no other race has inflicted so much suffering on other races than the Europeans have done on every continent,does that statement make me a racist ? , maybe in some peoples eyes but a wise man once said "the truth is an offence but not a sin".

Realist05-I suggest you read my post properly before replying,you will find no mention of a 30 million death toll,sharks still following ships or white devils,I was born in the UK and have always had white friends,I'm a Rastafari and we are not partial we practise love for all humanity but part of our livity is NYAHBINGHI which means DEATH TO WHITE & BLACK OPPRESORS this is not a physical attack but a spiritual one ,through our drumming and chanting we use WORD,SOUND,POWER to fight spiritual wickedness and out of curiosity do you not consider the murder of an estimated 10-15 million human beings and the enslavement of a similar number later followed by the invasion & exploitation of every country on the continent except one to be a holocaust.

AceOfBase-I was unaware specifically of North African enslavement of Europeans but do not doubt it in any way,slavery still goes on in Saharan Africa and I'm glad you mentioned it as I think most of us are here to learn,no one knows the exact figures but the ones I qouted 10-15 millons in captivity and a similar number who died during the Middle Passage are if you check around generally accepted not all the slaves were taken to the US they were spread also throughout the Carribean and South America,I wasn't having a go I was just trying to highlight the scale of the African Diaspora.

here's a link to a brief discription of the Middle Passage also alot more information elsewhere on the site including the sources used for information
beatl.barnard.columbia.edu...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
A secret brotherhood of racists? The story of Babylon is summarized by the following: Genesis chapter 11. One Race, One Langauge, one belief, dominated the world and the people of ancient babylon.[/QUOTE]
You realize that this is just a story and that it has no resemblance to the actual history right???

The white man is all about racism isn't he?

More so than others? No.

Could the pyrimid on the dollar represent Babylon's tower?

Are you actually suggesting that that guys who designed it are operatives of the resurrected babylonian empire and that they told everyone this by having a pyramid? Why is the pyramid the tower? Why isn't it, er, a pyramid??

Could the all seeing eye symbolize One race, one religion, one language?

How is it supposed to do that? Makes more sense as a symbol of the all seeing god than that. Makes more sense as a symbol of the insidious satan than that too.

The disapearance of Babylon is still to this day the most mysterious stories in the bible.

What? No its not. Its not a mystery, its history.

Rebuild Babylon. (NWO) create one race by anniahlating every other, and just as god claimed, if they were of one, they could accomplish anything.

The babylonian peoples never advocated anything of the sort. The Tower of Babel was not built by the babylonians. It was built by a non-existent people made up for the bible.

I know this all sounds hard to grasp, but if you look back at the history of white man, he has never showed any love for other races

WTH are you talking about??? There is no 'white man', and european civilizations have allways been intertwined with the non-europeans civs. THe greeks rcognized egypt as more illustrious than their own, the romans interacted amicably with the north africans and arabs, and there have been lots of other times where the 'white man' wasn't 'destroying all the other races'. This idea of yours doesn't even make sense. The 'white man' is more racist and evil than the others?? Pure Bunk. The moors and north africans invaded spain and the mediteranean,the arabs invaded europe, heck the Ottoman Turks nearly wiped out all the greeks in greece. When alexander invaded persia he adopted persian ways and his troops made homes in iraq iran, central asia and india, they didn't behave 'like racists'.

top topics

join