It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Florida Businessman Develops Hurricane Killer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have got to ask. Did this moron try to stop Katrina? Might explain the sudden surge of energy that the storm got.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of anything this year from this fellow? Hurricane season is fast approaching and I was curious as to what countermeasures were being put into place for June.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I personally feel it is worth at least giving it a shot. Theres no harm in allowing a scientific investigation to proceed. I do liek the idea of using them to help moisturize dry lands though. He should consider using that. Could help create farmland out of the dry western states. He would have needed quite a fleet of planes, which someone would have noticed taking off and gathering in order tot ackle a storm the size of Katrina.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I have got to ask. Did this moron try to stop Katrina? Might explain the sudden surge of energy that the storm got.

Exactly what I was wondering. Maybe that was why the storm hit New Orleans the way it did, when it was supposed to just be the west side. Granted storms can turn at the last minute, but this guy is messing with something very out of his league. Of course, the gesture is probably being made with the best of intentions, but until such things would be thoroughly tested without any chance of reprecussions, I believe it is best to let them alone. I'd rather know that the storm hit my home because nature made it that way, than to believe a man was tinkering with a storm and caused my home to be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
try using flour ,fly over tropical depression and dump it over ocean it slows it to a crawl and feeds at the same time big e hialeah fla

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is unconscionable that people are concerned about “Mother nature” when there are people loosing their lives, homeless, devastated, committing suicide coupled with economic disaster due to hurricanes and tropical storms. That being true, why kill alligators in residential areas that eat kids at play or build dams, bridges, kill animals to eat??? Instead of making emotional and irrational statements, consider the facts!!! When the flooding occurs, we pump this polluted water into our aquifers and lakes… What a great idea! NOT! Why not get behind a project using polymers to defeat tropical storms & hurricanes? We throw money away on numerous, fruitless projects that are of no use to us, failing to do so for projects of this nature…. WHY? These polymers are the same materials used in baby diapers and beneath every packaged meat product you purchase at the grocery store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join