It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad image checksum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm in need of major help, my pc is giving me the blue screen from hell on start up and all it says is

c0000221 (Bad image check sum)
the image imagehlp.dll
i"m running windows 2000 and I haevn't downloaded or install anything new so I doubt it's a virus, can any body give me any tips, thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi OV,

This article says
imagehlp.dll is a module containing the Windows Debug Help library used for debugging and error handling.

It is probably corrupted somehow. No need to spend time figuring out how it happened. You should be able to replace the file fairly easily and fix the problem. Ref:

Its directory path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\imagehlp.dll

There are several ways to replace it. Here is an article that will help you, even though it is not specifically about 2000, or the imagehlp.dll, the process is the same.
Extract a New Copy of the File from the Windows CD

The below instructions are not for win2000, so may vary a little.
1. On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
2. Type msconfig and then click OK.
3. When the System Configuration Utility dialog box appears, click Extract file.
4. Type imagehlp.dll in the box below the Extract one file from Installation disk entry.
5. Click Start.
6. In the Extract File dialog box, in the "Restore from" field, type d:\winme
7. You may need to modify this location if the drive D is not your CD-ROM drive.
8. In the "Save file in" field, type c:\windows\system32 and click OK.
9. When you are prompted to create a backup of the file, note the location of the Backup folder, and then click OK.
10. When you see the message "The file has been successfully extracted," click OK to complete the process.
Restart your computer if you are prompted to do so.

Best of luck

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks alot makeitso
, but I just gave up and reformated my drive before i came and checked in again, have no Idea how it happend, but I've just lost years of favorites (had been too lazy to back up anything in a while) but hey, I get to start over fresh and I was waiting on a new computer in the next few weeks anyway. Ah well thanks for the help buddy .

new topics

join