It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Music Lives On (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
May 17 was the release date for the neweset and fourth album from System of a Down. This band from Armenia has endured a childhood under the soviet regime and has lived many years in America. They have over write their songs about what they feel is wrong with the nation, and luckily do not encounter the censorship that they did when they were younger

www.systemofadown.com
The first single from "Mezmerize/Hypnotize" will be the track "B.Y.O.B." [Bring Your Own Bombs] which will hit the airwaves this month. The song, which questions a president's involvement in the business of war, balances a near-R&B groove - "Everybody's going to the party have a real good time/Dancing in the desert blowing up the sunshine" - with the song's recurring demand, "Why don't presidents fight the war?/Why do they always send the poor?/Why do they always send the poor?"

"...Kneeling roses disappearing into/Moses' dry mouth/
Breaking into Fort Knox stealing/Our intentions/Hangers sitting dripped in oil/Crying freedom/Handed to obsoletion,/
Still you feed us lies from the tablecloth"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This album is not the first, however it is still an inspirational one and gives a great perspective about how immigrants view this "Nation at War". All too often in this country if you object to the government, you are not carted away, but people say that you are unpatriotic. Such goes for Sean Penn, who stated that he felt Iraq did not have WMD. He did not say that the US had no reason to depose Saddam, but he did say there were no WMD.

Many may feel this is not news, but it is. I am not promoting this movie so that they will sell millions of copies. In fact I promote illegally downloading it. Just listen to the lyrics. They're blend of Metal/Eastern Chant, literally will mezmorize you and give you a new perspective on the people from the middle east. Understanding the people we are fighting is key to the principles of war as stated by Sun Tzu.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's an excellent album, each time I listen to it my appreciation and enjoyment grows.

Simply put, it rocks.

The lyrics, as always, are fantastic, and in the case of this particular album, amazingly catchy.

System of a Down are steadily growing bigger and bigger. They sold 800,000 copies during the first week of realease. I don't doubt after the next album is realeased in a few months they are going to be the biggest thing going on in the metal world. Best thing is, they'll deserve it.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I agree, SOAD are fantastic and well worth listening to.

I dont know how this article will fare on the voting side of ATSNN. I can imagine the authours U2U inbox being completely spammed here which is a shame. SOAD have a message and it should be heard.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ya, they do have a message that's definitely worth hearing, but I don't think it's ATSNN material.

It is worth paying attention to.

top topics

join