It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other uses for the Gamecube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, I know a PS2/xbox are great gaming systems, but would you use them as a baseball? A doorstop? No? Well, that is what the GC is for. Other uses for the GC....

Doorstop-Make sure your door handle doesn't hit the wall, possibly making a hole.

Paperweight-Have paper that needs to be kept down and you already using your Mac as a boat anchor? Then get a Gamecube!

Coaster-Growing up your mom always yells at you to use a coaster, well, here you go! A nice big coaster that can fit 2-3 drinks at once!

Wheel Block-Have a car who's parking break doesn't work? Just put a GC behind two wheels and the car won't go anywhere!

Baseball-Hit your ball into Old Man McGregors yard? Gone forever? Ok, get a Gamecube, perfect for baseball, if only for a couple hits.

Target SHooting-Tired of the mess left by clay pidgeons? Use a Gamecube. Tired of wasting paper targets/killing trees? Use a Gamecube!

Egging-You a kid, gonna go eggs someone house? But eggs taste good, why waste them? Use a Gamecube!

Furniture-WHy pay a 1000 for a new leather couch with cup holders and recline? Buy Gamecubes and glue them together into a couch! Hell of a lot cheaper.

Physics class-In science class they do the egg drop, but again, eggs taste good! Use Gamecubes, that way if they break, who cares? You are out what? 5$?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I see that someone doesn't like their GameCube.
Funny that's what I told my wife a couple years ago when she asked why I was spending $199 for an XBox when the GameCube was cheaper. I told her the GameCube would be a boat anchor/doorstop in a few years.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Lets be honest....I'd use my XBOX as a doorstop over my GameCube - I mean...Come on - A GameCube is like 2 pounds......An XBOX is like 50 pounds....Which do you think is gonna hold the door better?

I can't say anything though - I love 'em both, but right now they're serving another purpose:

Dust Collectors....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
lol
i would use a game cube as a weight to stop bin bags blowing away
or test my aim with a high calibare sniper
or sell on ebay 4 a couple of quid

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You can use those Mario games for clay pidgeons. Get another one, draw dots on the sides and you can use it to play a game of jumbo dice!

Makes a good shooting target, but you will have to clean up those purple plasic bits off you lawn.

The warranty paper that came with it could be used as toilet paper or to line bird cages.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, a doorstop is those little thingys that keep a door from hitting the wall behind it, so the door knob doesn't hit the wall, possibly making a hole. A door holder, or one that keeps it open, well, rather keep the door from making a hole then keeping it open.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only reason some one would buy a Game Cube is because the box it came in would be of more use. Just think of all the things you can store in it! Just dispose of the useless things occupying it using the various methods provided in this thread.

The controllers can be used as useful cable for holding things down in the trunk of your car, boat, or truck!

[edit on 6/1/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Of course! the controllers/other cords. Hmmm, just got hired to kill someone but don't wanna spend to much money on a gun? Don't eant the mess of a knife? Buy a GC, use the cords to choke the person, be original! Not rope, not wire, but a GC cord! Police will never find you!

Other uses for controllers.

Cat Toy-Hang it up, watch cat bat at it

Dog Toy-Dog ate the cat toy? Now it's a dog toy!

Modern Art-Use a blow torch and melt the damn things then sell it at a gallery for $50,000 as modern art!

Weddings-Don't want to waste cans to be dragged behind the "Just Married" limosine(sp?)? Then just tie these up behind it! Already have a cord attached to them, so easy!

Target Practice- Tie 5-6 up to a wheel, have it suspended and spin it, thus making the controllers a moving target! Those Geese don't sit still, and neither do these!

Anger Managment-Tired of having holes in the wall? Your spouse/kid/pet getting tired of hiding the bruises? Get a GC! You smash them, the controllers, and all costs less then a hospital visit and no need for the wife to "Walk into a door" or your kid to "Fall off the bike"!

Ok, stopping with that one, that one is wrong. Funny, but wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
James the Lesser, I couldn't stop laughing! This is one heck of a funny thread.

Melting it down with a blow torch and selling it as modern art! That one was really funny, almost fell off my chair.

Cut pieces of the game discs off to form several points and make a set of ninja stars, just think of all the fun you will have! You can show them off and say to your friends that they were imported from Japan too!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Get another one, draw dots on the sides and you can use it to play a game of jumbo dice!

That dice bit man!
ROTFLMAO! Good one
Thats the funniest damn thing I have heard all day

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
you should be able to use a gamecube as a small port loo for kids. You may be able to savage the cords and connections for use in the PC world.

new topics

top topics

join