It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft / Homeland Security - Unholy Alliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From these websites and others, it seems Microsoft routinely collects enough information about users to assemble complete personality profiles, histories of internet usage, and about anything it wants off your computer.

The outright theft of personal information is often semi-explained by invoking the understandable "commercial reasons": they want to evaluate buying trends and popular interests.

The Windows operating system by incorporating this spying technology - and it is spyware - is almost impossible to control, nearly impossible to set so it "stops spying" on you.

If I were to click on only one link, it would be the first. The last link has not been updated since Windows 98.

www.aquanuke.co.uk...
www.theregister.co.uk...
www.theregister.co.uk...
www....#microsoft.com/content/ms-hidden-files.shtml#3

I apologize for the last link's coarse name.

In my own low-tech way I try to fool these spies by keeping a stack of hard drives, each ready to plug into my computer and each with no real threatening info on them. I should note that I believe what goes on at Above Top Secret is for the most part not too threatening to the powers that be. It is in following some of the links found here that enough truth can be found to make certain people a serious annoyance to those with a tendency towards absolute power, and desiring control of media and thought itself.

We might share information and suggestions as to how to defeat these damnable spies residing on our own computers.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Using LINUX will solve all these problems my friend

You will once again be free!

new topics

join