It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One of the biggest questions that I always had was wheres the movie pretaining to 9/11? There was a movie about the DC Sniper less than a year after it happened. Movies are always being produced about terrorism and natural disasters that are based on true stories all the time. Where is the 9/11 movie? Is this pointing to cover up? Will the government not let a movie like this be made? Or is there one in production already that I don't know about?

The Movie on the DC Sniper www.imdb.com...

J_3

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

this is a link to IMDB for a movie about 9/11 called 11'09"01- September 11

There was also a movie about the experiences that the firefighters involved went through, their sessions with a psychyatrist, etc.

Those are the only two I know of.

J_3

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
[edit on 2-6-2005 by J_3]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Or perhaps some of the major film studios felt guilty capitalizing on the deaths of 3,000 people?

Personally, as someone who lived it, I have absolutely zero interest in seeing it on screen, and I'm sure a lot of people in the same situation feel that way. It's a sensitive topic. While I certainly can't dismiss your theory, I think a bigger part of it is who would even want to be considered as making cash off 9/11.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I dont think that there are any actors willing to play in that movie...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
I dont think that there are any actors willing to play in that movie...

Give it another 10-15 years and I'm sure there will be some actors/acresses willing to play in a 9/11 movie. How long was it before the first WW2 movie hit the silver screen anyway? I keep thinking around 10-15 years for some reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, that is another dilemma facing hollywood.

Perhaps people would be trampling each other for the chance to play Mychal Judge, but tell me who's going to audition for Mohammad Atta's part?

I just don't think it would be a very popular project, and in the movie industry popularity is priority one. It is all about money you know.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You really don't think that anyone would want to do this? That's all Hollywood does. Every tragedy in history has been made into a movie.
That's all big production studios do is capitalize on this stuff. I'm not saying i want to see one, just wondering why there hasn't ben one.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A movie about 9/11 would be in VERY bad taste. I mean come on!! Who would want to make money off of that besides Mike Moore!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There are some big 9/11 movie/miniseries projects coming up, see www.chron.com... for the details.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
A movie about 9/11 would be in VERY bad taste. I mean come on!! Who would want to make money off of that besides Mike Moore!!

The same groups of people that have made films about the Manson killings, Jonestown, the Holocaust, WWII, etc. I agree that its too close to the actual events for many to be thinking of it. However in 5 or 10 years I can definately see there being several projects about this.

top topics

join