It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judith Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am not against feminism, but I feel that this takes it a little too far:

www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/05-31-2005/0003766346&EDATE=

"This long-awaited revised text of the Gospels makes the moral message of
Christ more accessible to many, and more illuminating to all," says Billie
Shakespeare, V.P. for the publisher. "It is empowering. We published this
new Bible to acknowledge the rise of women in society."

Empowering or discrediting? Although the fact of a man named Jesus existing is in dispute among many, most would be willing to admit that if He did exist, He was most likely male.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Empowering or discrediting?

Is the possibilty of him being a woman that denograting that it would discredit?

Although the fact of a man named Jesus existing is in dispute among many, most would be willing to admit that if He did exist, He was most likely male.

And if he were female.. mythology would have turned him into a male eventually anyway.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No, the possibility of him being a woman is not denigrating Him. It is the rewriting of the Bible that discredits Him. A lot of people feel that the Bible is denigrating to women. I don't and I don't plan to get into a discussion on that.

Christianity is based on the Bible. If you don't believe in God or the Bible, that is fine. I will never try to sway anyone against their own beliefs. However, if a book had been written that claimed Mohammed was really a woman, the author would probably be on some assassin’s list.

Rewriting the Bible to make it conform to your own beliefs is considered a slap in the face of Christianity IMHO.

new topics

join