It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar banner in 'The Last Supper'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey everybody I was just on that TemplarHistory.com site when I started reading about the Knights Templar Beasant which was their banner. Then something hapenned! My screensaver came up! The painting 'The Last Supper' by Leonardo Da Vinci appeared on my monitor and I noticed something I hadn't seen before! In the top left hand corner, where those crests are on the wall is a family crest which looks alot loke the banner of the Templars.
Heres what the beasant loks like:

And heres the painting:

Very similar don't you think?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hmm, I don't know about that. The sheild in the painting has them arranged vertically, whereas that 'banner' is horizontal. What makes that banner a 'templar banner' anyway?? The Templars were destroyed a long time ago, that site isn't going to be run by them. Also, is not the 'symbol' of the templars a red cross upon a white background, more than anything else??

Also, what is the suggestion, that davinci wanted to make note of the Templars??? Also, how many groups are represented by the colours black and white? As I recall, the Knights Hospitallers wore black robes with a white '8 pointed' cross, since the arrangment isn't the same as the Templar Beasant, why couldn't that shield equally represented the KH??

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hmm, I don't know about that. The sheild in the painting has them arranged vertically, whereas that 'banner' is horizontal. What makes that banner a 'templar banner' anyway?? The Templars were destroyed a long time ago, that site isn't going to be run by them. Also, is not the 'symbol' of the templars a red cross upon a white background, more than anything else??

Also, what is the suggestion, that davinci wanted to make note of the Templars??? Also, how many groups are represented by the colours black and white? As I recall, the Knights Hospitallers wore black robes with a white '8 pointed' cross, since the arrangment isn't the same as the Templar Beasant, why couldn't that shield equally represented the KH??

Oh yeah, I know the symbol is the red cross. Heres the site: TemplarHistory.com
Da Vinci was said to be a member of the Priory of Sion (Don't start talking about the DaVinci code!) Perheps they know something?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The Templars were destroyed? My helped started the Knights Templar, and Freemasons. So I'm told anyways. I don't know that for a fact. I was just told that by my grandfather who is a Mason.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
My screensaver came up! The painting 'The Last Supper' by Leonardo Da Vinci appeared on my monitor and I noticed something I hadn't seen before! In the top left hand corner, where those crests are on the wall is a family crest which looks alot loke the banner of the Templars.

The banner in question is a crest for one the Medici cartels from Florence. It has nothing to do with the Templars. Although the Medicis were patrons for the great Da Vinci, notice that this crest appears above the arm that brandishes a knife at the three gentlemen on that side of the table. The hidden message is about trust and regional politics, not Templars.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Da Vinci was said to be a member of the Priory of Sion

But the priory didn't exist. It was a fraud.

What page explains that the banner is that of the Templars anyway, I am interested in that, I haven't heard if before.

alias101
The Templars were destroyed?

Utterly, and largely in a single day, when sealed and secret papal orders were opened all across europe at once.

My helped started the Knights Templar, and Freemasons. So I'm told anyways. I don't know that for a fact.
There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate that the Templars became freemasons

I was just told that by my grandfather who is a Mason.

The idea is fashionable amoung masons, however, the little I have read from masonic researchers is that the idea isn't taken seriously.
Similarly, there was a time when most masons thought that Solomon was an actual Grand Master and that there was a functioning Lodge in his Temple, but that's not something the researchers take seriously.

Templarum:
Interesting interpretation. What are the other two crests? Why did davinci care??

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate that the Templars became freemasons

The idea is fashionable amoung masons, however, the little I have read from and masonic researchers is that the idea isn't taken seriously.
Similarly, there was a time when most masons thought that Solomon was an actual Grand Master and that there was a functioning Lodge in his Temple, but that's not something the researchers take seriously.

Well, some masonic historians take it more seriously than others. There ARE some very undisputable connections between masons and the knights Templar, most specifically (and I hate to take it in this direction) in Rosslyn Chapel, where there is much masonic symbolism combined with Templar symbols. The family that built the chapel, St.Clair, were strong supporters of the templars, some members, and in later generations were also strong supporters of Freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yep the Templars were burned for heresy when the French opened their orders. But some must have gotten away. And whats all this about the Priory proven fake? How come no-one tells me these things? The page where I found this was: Templar Beauseant

Its a good site
I never knew that was the crest of the Medici family. Perhaps they were Templars!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yep the Templars were burned for heresy when the French opened their orders. But some must have gotten away.

Many Templars were actually notified of the orders and managed to escape. Ii read that only a small percentage of templars were actually captured, and of those only a small percentage were actually burned at the stake. Many were pardoned by the Pope, and many were able to flee to Scotland and join other orders.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Many Templars were actually notified of the orders and managed to escape. Ii read that only a small percentage of templars were actually captured, and of those only a small percentage were actually burned at the stake. Many were pardoned by the Pope, and many were able to flee to Scotland and join other orders.

Cool Freemason avatar Sebatwerk. Was it Cosimo Medici that started that Platonic academy?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Cool Freemason avatar Sebatwerk.

Thanks!

Was it Cosimo Medici that started that Platonic academy?

Which Platonic Academy? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
O hduring the Renaissance I think. Anyway I'm just saying its a bit weird, A symbol of an ancient order in a famous painting. This family the St. Clair's weren't they the family who are supposed to be one of the 2 last remaining families of Christ? Im not saying I believe that but aren't they...supposedly?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I belive you mean Merovingian.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Was it Cosimo Medici that started that Platonic academy?

In 1438 George Gemistus Plethon inspired Cosimo to fund the academy, which was originally named the Peripatetic academy of Rinuccini, Acciaiuoli, and Argyropoulos. Credit for the intellectual conversion to Platonism goes to Marsilio Ficino in 1459.

The academy was dissolved in 1522, when the the students were involved in a substantial plot against the Cardinal and Archbishop of Florence, Giulio de' Medici, who later became Pope Clement VII.

Cosimo was merely the patron.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

O hduring the Renaissance I think. Anyway I'm just saying its a bit weird, A symbol of an ancient order in a famous painting. This family the St. Clair's weren't they the family who are supposed to be one of the 2 last remaining families of Christ? Im not saying I believe that but aren't they...supposedly?

According to the Da Vinci Code, the St. Clairs are a family of Templar and Freemasonry supporters, who's main goal is to get the last family of Christ, the true heirs to the throne, the Merovingians, back into power. A bit silly in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The symbol on the center lunette is the Sforza family coat-of-arms, the patron who commisioned Da Vinci to create that work.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Quote: "the St. Clairs are a family of Templar and Freemasonry supporters, whose main goal is to get the last family of Christ, the true heirs to the throne, the Merovingians, back into power. A bit silly in my opinion."

And just how would they do this Sebatwerk? OK by now I think we all Realize that the Vatican’s Claim to Power (i.e. St. Peter the Rock/the Key) is Fraudulent & that the Magdalene was the true #1 Apostle/Disciple! Even if the Merovingian (French Royalty) Bloodline is Connected to said "Davidic" Bloodline (Through Jesus Ironically) it is waaay Too Mixed at this point! Just who are they going to "put on the Throne" - it is Mixed - all of the European Royal Families Intermarried! Some of it probably ended up in the DiMedici Family Bloodline as well! "Sang Royal" indeed! It seems to me as if Money & Politics & Religion are Impossible to Separate - it must have been this way for a LOOONG time!

(Interesting side note - I think that I might have some of that DiMedici Blood in me as well
)!

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I posted this re the so-called Priory of Sion just two days ago.

The thread it was in response to is called The Protocols of the Elders of Zion - Fact or Fiction? which you might find interesting background reading, if only to see just how badly informed some ATS posters actually are.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
And just how would they do this Sebatwerk?

Whoa, Whoa!!! I don't know! I was just repeating what I saw in a show on the History Channel titled "Beyond The DaVinci Code", which talked about the accuracy of the things detailed in the book. Whether it's true or not, I really don't know.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Templarum is right about the Heraldry.

The centre one is that of the Duke (Sforza) plus his wife Beatrice d'Este, to the left of that is Massimiliano (the first born son) and the one on the right is that of Francesco (the second son). Nothing Templar-tastic about the black and white one I'm afraid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join