It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baphomet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I you don�t mind I would like to start a discussion about the Baphomet. Was It a Holy Grail or maybe an idol, or maybe - a Manna Machine reconstructed by George T. Sassoon? Everyone is welcome to post here his opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Isn't he the guy who made the shampoo- Vidal Sassoon?

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Read this
and maybe also this

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well you take your pick -and it's a way into loony-land as good as any.
Allegedly some sort of deity worshipped (their enemies claimed) by the Templars. Apparently, ot was first conceived of as some sort of stuffed severed head but came to be considered as some sort of satanic goat!
Origin unknown: some highly dubious claims for a Greek etymology: "absorber of knowledge"; as likely -much more so, in Estragon's opinion -a corruption of "Mahomet": there is ample evidence of Madiaeval mispronunciations and of the fact that Muhammad" wasn't really understood as a "prophet"; but rather as some sort of Devil worshipped by pagans.
Beyond that: all speculation.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Actually I like the theory published at this page and I don�t think that I�m some sort of loony-man.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I look forward to keeping up with this thread.

Baphomet, possibly the head of John the Baptist. Attached to the Cult of the Black Madonna. Also a possibly attachment to Mahomet, the demon represented in the Rennes-les-Chateau church. Has been hinted to be the Holy Grail.

Also, attached to the Underground Stream, which I have just started discussing on my blog. Eventually I will cover this as well.

I cannot read your links right now, but look forward to reading them this evening and look forward to discussing this with you as well as reading other's inputs.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Your opinion as also everyone�s opinion is more than appreciated

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Allegedly some sort of deity worshipped (their enemies claimed) by the Templars. Apparently, ot was first conceived of as some sort of stuffed severed head but came to be considered as some sort of satanic goat!
Origin unknown: some highly dubious claims for a Greek etymology: "absorber of knowledge"; as likely -much more so, in Estragon's opinion -a corruption of "Mahomet": there is ample evidence of Madiaeval mispronunciations and of the fact that Muhammad" wasn't really understood as a "prophet"; but rather as some sort of Devil worshipped by pagans.

Estragon's correct. Before the age of the Internet, we researched the old books and this was what was there. There is no "Baphomet" on any of the high magic lists of demons or angels (though they did have very extensive lists.) Witches certainly didn't worship any half-goat deity -- that and Baphomet appear to have been made up by the Inquisition.

In those days, you were tortured until you confessed. You were put before a judge and jury and there was no lawyer for you (though there were lawyers for the church in attendance.) Your neighbors couldn't just "give witness" -- they and your servants (if you had them) were brought in and tortured so they would give evidence... any evidence. The quickest way out of torture was to make up something about someone worshipping a devil or demon.

Thus the origin of Baphomet and other similar notions.

Since the Internet, anyone can put up any wild speculation without scholarship or research or backing and some of it is "believed" to be true. Estragon's version is the correct one. The Grail connection leads you to a whole trail of falsehoods, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just glanced while"Super-Modding" ( a dirty job but somebody..etc...blah..yawn).
Sound advice, Byrd, from the long-ago days when people read, and thought and even remembered.
And take them as one will: Byrd's sources are there.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Estragon and Bryd?
Is this with which you both are referring to?
"The Goat of Mendes, otherwise known or called Baphomet"......whom the Templars were accused of worshipping....

freemasonwatch.freepress-freespeech.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
One will find many, many links and alleged sources, Seeker-of: most going back to the 19th century and Eliphas Levi (Crowley called himself "Baphomet" at one sage) - very much a modern sort of charlatanism, I fancy.
reasonable little article with pix here: www.satanic-kindred.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Estragon and Bryd?
Is this with which you both are referring to?
"The Goat of Mendes, otherwise known or called Baphomet"......whom the Templars were accused of worshipping....

Yes, that's the ORIGIN of the name. The earliest sources are from the people being tortured by the Inquisition. Like so many "truths" produced by torture (such as witches have extra nipples on their body so they can produce milk for their familiars' nourishment) it is just someone's lies that were designed to get the inquisitors' torturers to either kill them quickly or let them go.

Until the Internet and "channeled" information which was given out as being "true", that was all there was to Baphomet. After the rise of the Intenet, when people "channeled" information and published their theories/etc as "true", then we got all sorts of wild tales about Baphomet.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So you think that Baphomet may be the word Muhammad? But how then you will you explain this � the original image of baphomet was the a man with 3 heads and beards (I saw it on Discovery channel; Terra X: Brothers in arms).

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the three heads are based on the mythological dragons...Tiamat and Baphomet. (?)
Brother and sister or husband and wife...can't remember. One represented 'good', the other represented 'evil.'

I can't fully rememeber and have no sources to really pull from at this moment, but will check.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'd be a bit careful about the "original image" in this context.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Those link's were excellent ... reminded me of the Bokk of Ezekiel and how someone used the description's in the book to build that helecopter type thingy machine. Dunno if it was ever built, but it's just amazing that the mana machine thing was built from description's found in a religious text

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Those link's were excellent ... reminded me of the Bokk of Ezekiel and how someone used the description's in the book to build that helecopter type thingy machine. Dunno if it was ever built, but it's just amazing that the mana machine thing was built from description's found in a religious text

Actually this theory I first read in book DIE EWIGKEITS-MASCHINE written by Johannes and Peter Fiebag. There was also mentioned that helicopter from the Ezekiel's book.

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Agnis]

top topics

join