It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ideas for my kittens name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A few of you may recall that a couple of months ago, I had quite a sad experience in that the kitten that I'd had for just 9 days died suddenly.
www.belowtopsecret.com...
After the lady that I bought him off of had paid several visits to her vets, it seemed as though the cause wasn't lukemia as first thought, but another of the kittens from the same litter also had to be put down due to a congenital heart problem and so it was assumed that this was what had happened in the case of Eddie, my kitten.
While I still find it very upsetting to think too hard about what happened, and the little fellow will always have a place in the memories of all of my family, we have to move on.

So the time came for us to find another kitten.
I have put a deposit down on this adorable tonkinese kitten (cross between a siamese and burmese)

she was five weeks old in that photo , and seven weeks old now. We have to wait a further 4 weeks before we can pick her up and bring her home, but it will be good to know that she will be vaccinated , chipped , wormed etc before we get her, so my mind should be more at ease about her health.

I'm going to go and pay her a visit this weekend, but the problem is that when I go, I want to have a name for her, so that the breeder can start to call her by it. But I am totally stumped. I can think up umpteen names for a tom cat, but I'm struggling to find that perfect name for a little girl. The name that keeps coming out on the top of my lists so far is Ellie, but I'm not totally convinced that it's the right one for her.
I'd love to hear any suggestions that anyone else might have.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
arrr...cute kitty

Off the top of my head the name buttercup springs to mind, or something associated with flowers, petal maybe.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
thanks for those two. I'm going to make a note of any names that anyone thinks of and add them to my list. Then my family can whittle it down to one that we all think suits her.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

ideas for my kittens name

Call it Boo, like the little girl of Monsters inc!

Or Kitty, like the monster off Monsters inc!

Or Mike Wazowski, like the other monster off Monsters inc!

Can you guess what ive just been watching???

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ummm I've no idea can you give me a clue ?

boo's pretty cool, I'm not too sure I'll be adding mike to the list though!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was only joking at first but now i think Boo is quite a good name for a kitten!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What about Jim? Plain and simple. Although theres always
Lisa Lashes.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cats rock!!!

Pantha

Because of her blue eyes I think you should name her after "Old Blue Eyes" himself..........Frank Sinatra.

Since she's a "she" I think you should name her Frankie or some other derivation of the name "Frank".

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Although theres always Lisa Lashes.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ummmmm jim atomix? I might skip that one, but I'll add lisa lashes to the list lol
hmmmmm frankie, thats not a bad one, although the lady that I'm getting her from was quite dismayed when the mention was made of a tonks eyes being blue, they are aqua. She was quite insistant on that, she said it's one of the defining features of a tonk.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
hmmmmm frankie, thats not a bad one, although the lady that I'm getting her from was quite dismayed when the mention was made of a tonks eyes being blue, they are aqua. She was quite insistant on that, she said it's one of the defining features of a tonk.

I hear ya!! God, if my girlfriend saw that kitten it would be coming home with us. That kitten would turn this manly man to jello.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Call it Pantha!!!!!

Or if not theres a few here for you.....2000 Cat Names!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
there's only one pantha in my household and thats me lol
thanks for the link mickey, but I think I've already looked over that site, and nothing jumped out at me, thats why i thought I'd post a picture to see if it inspired anyone to come up with a really cool name. I'm definatly thinking cool rather than cute, thats why I'm hesitating over ellie.

here's a bit of info about tonks for those who have never heard of them , I know I hadn't before

For most Tonk owners, the real defining trait of the Tonkinese breed is not in the standard; it’s the Tonkinese personality. Their personality owes a debt to the parent breeds but has its own distinct mix. A Tonk is two types of cat in one body. One mode is active, but not hyper, with a muscular body. They play fetch, climb cat trees and fly through the house at warp speed. The second mode is cuddly and loving. They are not an aloof, independent cat; they are best for someone who wants a lap cat. They are dog-like in that they require and demand attention. They love riding on shoulders and may head-butt to get your attention. Kisses are also common

Although not chatty, they talk in sentences and paragraphs when they want to express themselves. It is not wise to ignore a Tonk when he or she is talking to you. An ignored Tonk will find another method to gain your attention. Their intelligence helps them find a different way to make you listen, which may be less desirable than if you had just listened in the first place

www.cfainc.org...

I just can't wait to get her home. I've got a cat tree on order, and we should have a lot of fun together. Her mum was the most friendliest cat I've ever seen. I just hope that my other two cats get along with her. Their names by the way are Taz and Milo.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Call it Snoop Cat!

Like Snoop Dogg but a cat....in fact if you dont im gonna buy a cat just to call it Snoop cat!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Moogi - another word for cat

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How about "sleek". And it does not clash with Taz or Milo.

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
all good and all added to my list

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Kitty, kitty, kitty! I'm sorry what was that? Oh, yeah a name for the kitten. How about **furball**? **Fuzzy**? **Fuzzurio**? **Cute Kitty**? Seriously, Angela or Angel. Maybe Annie. Go with what you like.

[edit on 6/1/2005 by DucKid]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. In the end we have gone for a totally different name. She will be called Cassie. Personally I'm still not sure that I'm 100% happy with the name , but it's growing on me. It was down to a bit of a family vote. I still think that Boo was a pretty cool name though along with the other suggestions of course
We didn't get round to seeing her till last night, and she's really coming on well.

you can't see from those pictures, but the chocolatey colour in her face is starting to creep along her back , and she will turn quite a bit darker over the next couple of years.

I just can't wait now! Hopefully we will be bringing her home in just over two weeks.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Conspiracy-related....

"Skully"

Or to honor the Orient...

"Mulan" (or however it's spelled)
"Ling Ling" (Drawn Together fans will get this...named one of my Chihuahuas this, hehe...)

if not set solid on Cassie...

EDIT: My cats' names? Felix (15 yrs old), Doofus, Killian

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join