It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communist-Nazi?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well you know you've got left wing, right wing politics or you can be central wing but can the extremes of left wing communism and the extreme right wing nazism exist as one system, can you have left wing policies with right wing policies, exist as one hybrid ideology. What would you call it, Extreme centre or Communist-Nazism. Would it work or am I talking nonsense?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Opposite extreme's of what ever kind don't tend to like each other, its simply impractical for them to co-exist.
Moderate opposite political beliefs however can fairly happily exist side by side without to many problems.

The main issue of extremes co-existing happily has never successfully happened, I believe there are a few extreme communists and nazis in the Russian Government but they hate each others guts.

The only hope of extreme wings of politics co-existing is through a combined idealogy that would view itself different from past extremes.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Coolbreeze interesting if some what scary post. My answer to your question would be NO. Despite the fact Stalin and Hitler both ran brutel regimes but as you pointed out the Naizs were future to the right which ment they made use of corporations for arms prouduction and to meet there brutal aims. Commusimn is on the extreme left thus is against corporations in other words maxism screws people in a differnt way.

I have given the histoical answer. An extreme centre ideogly seems to be out of the question due to the nature of both partys beliefs.
If the Naizis moved away from there hatred of maxism it could be a complete differnt picture.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
All right, forget about the extreme regimes of the past, what I really want to know is can there be an extreme centre in politics and what would there policies be?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coolbreeze
All right, forget about the extreme regimes of the past, what I really want to know is can there be an extreme centre in politics and what would there policies be?

An extreme centre...I don't think such a thing can exist, the centre being a political position where they take the centre ground.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by Coolbreeze

An extreme centre...I don't think such a thing can exist, the centre being a political position where they take the centre ground.

Exactly. "Extreme" is the antithesis of "Moderation" ("moderate" being dead center on the political spectrum), so you can't be extreme if you are moderate. It's almost oxymoronic, like a "militant-hippie" for instance.

top topics

join