It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Pyramid in the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
sorry for opening this after so many years, but i found something interesting. it's in spanish and it appears to be a newspaper supplement. it has the heights for el gran jaguar, keops, and la danta...

img267.imageshack.us...

i don't like believing in everything i see, so please feel free to investigate further and keep us informed...
write me at
[email protected]
thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They said the pyramid was 1/2 mile on each side and had almost a step formation with each step at more then 39 meters. It was a humongous pyramid and not a rock formation. I am interested ibn finding out more about this site too. I am pretty sure they said it was guatemala...

The show is on investigation Discovery coming up on the 16th of july. I am setting my DVR to record it. there are two shows back to back that are repeats of the same two episodes. "Why build pyramids? and "Pyramid Builders" I am going to tape both. I think the narrator was a litlte bit goofy but they got in depth inside the pyramids. Showing the passseges and walls. They skipped all over the world and at the end came to that enormous pyramid. It is kind of strange how all over the world at the same time pyramids were popping up everywhere. Makes you think somthing came down and told man what to make all over the place and saw what happened after kind of like sea monkies.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You are correct, it is in Guatemala, and it did say it was 1/2 mile base.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My dear fellows. As I see that your geographical skills are little limited I decide help to improve the info available. CENTRAL AMERICA is a piece of land of about 525,000 square kilometers (little more than 202,000 square miles) between North America and South America. SOUTH AMERICA is a continental mass over 17,000,000 squere kilometers (6,500,000 square miles) due south of Central America. That means we are talking two diferent LAND MASSES. GUATEMALA is located in CENTRAL AMERICA, not in MEXICO neither SOUTH AMERICA. La Danta has a volumen over 2,800,000 cubic meters( 3,660,000 cubic yards), with a height over 252 ft. I expect this info will clear any doubts

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cohiba

the largest pyramid is located in Guatemala, central america, according to National Geographic scientists, they are still digginn on the site, known as "El Mirador", what everybody tought was a hill resulted in the biggest pyramid known on earth. It`s difficult to find information about it on internet 'cause the research is ongoing yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The largest pyramid in the world is the Great Pyramid of Cholula in Mexico, the talles is the Great Pyramid of Giza.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cohiba

A couple of my friends visited and climbed El Mirador in the years 1988 & 2000, respectively. I do believe they both claimed it was the tallest pyramid in the world. I also think it still needs to be completely excavated. Whether it's currently being excavated now, I don't know. Vanderbilt University has done a lot of excavation at other Mayan sites down there, like Dos Pilas.

I, myself have been to Tikal and Palenque. Getting to El Mirador is a couple of days trek thru the jungle with a hired guide. It's a pretty rough endeavor. It's directly north of Tikal probably less than ten miles from the Mexican border. It's a major Mayan city.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Take it from a central american, it may not be the tallest, but with a base of aprox 2550 square feet, El Tigre is roughly three times the size of the great pyramid of Giza. In addition there are larger ones that have already been detected by instruments from sat in space, that can defferenciate between foliage and temples. Most likley there are even bigger, and older ones that are waiting to be discovered in the jungle. Sorry to break it to ya, read'm and weap

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by supafresh

The film was listed as Discovery Civilizations Pyramids Mummies and Tombs Pyramid Builders. I found it listed on torrentz.com when I ran a search for discovery.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

this is wierd

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cohiba

Guatemala is not in south America it is in Central America

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

the Sun pyramid stands 722 feet (220m) high (or, depending upon the report, either 230 feet (70m) high or 328 feet (100m) high). If it is 722 feet, it would be one third taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza, making it the largest pyramidal structure on Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at the structural photos of this pyramid and tell me you don't think it is man-made. There is a lot of political fighting between archaeologists over it.

www.bosnianpyramid.com...

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Based on what we know now the Bosnian hill is just that a hill. It's a fraud created by old Osmie.

There are threads here on the forum which address this issue.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Looks from the photos like the object is man made to me. Have you seen the photos of the blocks in the walls and pathways?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yes, they come from two sources, the existing medieval structures and misindentified natural structures. If you want to go over all this again. Please find one of the older Bosian pyramid threads.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I been in teotihuacan and its pettry impressive with the pyramids of the sun that has the base the size of the pyramid of knufu and with a 70 to 75 meter high...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I like those Chinese pyramids. Especially the Breast Pyramids.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper I'm surprized at you, covetousness? LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
THAT BOSNIAN HILL COULD BE A PYRAMID UNDER IT. IT LOOKS LIKE A POSSIBLITY. BUT I WOULD HAVE TO GO THERE & DIG TO KNOW FOR A FACT. IT COULD BE JUST A BIG HILL. AS FOR THE BIGGEST & TALLEST PYRAMID IN THE WORLD...... IT IS IN EL TIGRE, GUATEMALA. IT'S CALLED THE TIGRE PYRAMID & IS STILL BEING DISCOVERED. WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY MIGHT FIND THERE. BUT THE SAD VERY VERY SAD THING IS THAT THEY ARE ALREADY MAKING MONEY OFF IT & EXPLOITING IT. LOOK..... YOU CAN GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF IF YOU ARE IN GOOD SHAPE & READY FOR THE HIKE OF YOUR LIFE. FOR ABOUT $2000-$3000 YOU CAN VISIT THE BIGGEST & TALLLEST PYRAMID IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD NO BULLCRAP...... HERE IS THE LINK...

www.guatemalaweb.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
IF ANYONE DECIDES TO GO ON THE TRIP TO SEE THIS PYRAMID THEN PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW WHAT MYSTERIES DID YOU DISCOVER??? ; )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join