It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only a White Person May Be Head of State In Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is more suited in Conspiracies in Religions or UK Politics forum. Please remove this opening or move the thread if you feel appropriate.

To become head of state one must be a member of the Windsor-Mountbatten family, which is of white European origin. No person of, say African-Caribbean or Irish background, could be head of state. Such a restriction would be illegal in the case of any other public office.

Will this have any affect on England abolishing the monarchy? I personally feel it shouldn't, but also feel it will.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thats just they way it is and it's not just saying if your non-white, there saying you have to be decended from that particular family.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Head of State are the Royal Family, in Great Britain it will always be a member of that Royal Line. If someone who was Black married in, their children could become Head of State.

This is common in a lot of Nations which have a Royal Family as head of state instead of a President, nothing to do with race, etc, you are reading far to much into this.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
To become head of state one must be a member of the Windsor-Mountbatten family, which is of white European origin. No person of, say African-Caribbean or Irish background, could be head of state. Such a restriction would be illegal in the case of any other public office.

Will this have any affect on England abolishing the monarchy? I personally feel it shouldn't, but also feel it will.

No, as yourself said, it doesnt matter if you are white or black or pink.
White people who are not members of the Windsor-Mountbatten family cannot be heas of state.

Colour is not the issue, family is. Get a grip.

new topics

top topics

join