It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia SASR: Troubles

page: 1

join
share:
D

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Here's a report from this Week's time magazine. The first link details the trouble the Aussis SASR has gone through trying to go on a decent mission in Afghanistan. SAS in Afghanistan

This second one, which has been on the news today tells of a mission gone wrong for the SAS ending up in civilian deaths as well as the looting of a body by an SAS trooper:

Mission gone wrong

The Special Air Service, the Australian Army's elite reconnaissance unit, is not much given to talking about itself: secrecy is key to its effectiveness as well as its mystique. What is known of the regiment's operations has made its name a synonym for valor. But even the SAS sometimes stumbles. In 2002, during the war to drive al-Qaeda from Afghanistan, the actions of one SAS patrol triggered a chain of disasters whose aftershocks are still being felt. In this special report, Time reveals for the first time what went wrong and how it scarred the lives of all those involved.

I was really suprised when I read that a SASR trooper looted a body and the Squad leader quit the army, I really was expecting a little better from the SASR considering their record. But still, every unit has their bad episodes.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow D nice article you found there, it really gave me a better picture of what there doing in Afghanistan.

new topics

join