It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ SAS to be redeployed in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The Government today announced the redeployment of about 50 New Zealand Special Air Service personnel to Afghanistan.

The deployment, for up to 180 days, will be the third rotation of New Zealand's SAS soldiers to Afghanistan.

Prime Minister Helen Clark said that continued efforts to improve security were essential for the credibility of Afghan parliamentary and provincial elections scheduled for September.

"Failure to stabilise Afghanistan would have consequences for the campaign against terrorism," Miss Clark said in a statement.

source

The NZ SAS is on its thrid rotation in Afghanistan. The eye has come off Afghanistan and its good that the NZ government didnt get invovled in the costly side show known as Iraq. Im no fan of the current NZ government but in terms of the military deployment in Afghanistan they got it right.

Bear in mind if Iraq fails as a state its very likely Afghanistan will
How much money as been diverted from Afghanistan to estabilshing sercuity in Iraq?

[edit on 1-6-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
... The eye has come off Afghanistan and its good that the NZ government didnt get invovled in the costly side show known as Iraq.

...do you believe that NZSAS haven't been - and continue to be - active in Iraq since hostilities began??

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

...do you believe that NZSAS haven't been - and continue to be - active in Iraq since hostilities began??

I wouldnt rule out the possablity that NZSAS was invovled in post war Iraq however I dont think NZ SAS took part in the invasion of Iraq.
I could be wrong of course.

join